Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99 T/A vs. Mach 1 pt.2

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 02:19 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 T/A vs. Mach 1 pt.2

If u do a search in this section for the title "99 T/A vs. Mach 1" u can catch the first 25 pages and some 475 replies the initial thread originated when i first posted it some 6 months to a year ago.

The same exact blue Mach is in another big thread (different local author) titled "So i finally got to race a Mach!" - the dude seems to stir up quite a bit a stuff around here!

"99T/A vs Mach 1 pt.2"

For those of you too lazy to read the initial thread (j/k 25 pgs long!) i drive a full bolt on auto all motor 99 MBM T/A. Ill keep short on explination but i am currently running the stock stall converter.
Around a year ago i ran into a blue and black Mach 1 mustang (black rims crome lip) that had a full bolt on setup on a 5spd (i do believe) its a manual anyway. Dude rapped off a mod list far longer than mine was (at the time) after we pulled over. He has headers, X pipe, full exhaust (sounds awesome) 4:10's, TB, CAI, 10''tires & im not sure about a tune. Then we raced 3 times and every time i killed him. Back then i was untuned, and had the LS1 intake and TB. All races were from a roll (30 or so cant remember) to 100 or so and same result each time. When we recapped the races on the side of the road he told me his 3rd syncro was jacked and tru or not that kinda took some pride outa the win. But this time...

So i met this badass chick at the PPV Packeou vs. Harris(?) boxing bbq party thing this last weekend and managed to get her to agree ona Sunday evening cruise thru town. I go pick her up and spend the entire time conversatin doin the speed limit lettin the jackasses go by. When i drop her off shes tellin me next time i better go fast & im like WOOOT! Ironically the very next day as we leave her parents house she got a healthy dose of it.
So i turn onto the main road payin attention to those legs in daisy dukes (its hot in Texas!!) beside me when the loud *** unmistakeable clap of a modded 4.6 jerks my attention. I see a blue and black Mach 1 w/black rims pacin slowly beside me rollin down his windows. Its 2 dudes my age (20-25). Although at first i didnt recognise him from before when the guy mentioned our prior race i remembered immideately. " Yea last time i couldnt shift my car but i got it fixed so lets do it again! " he says to me. I look over at her and shes like " your gonna race him right?!?! " I told him **** it - as long as we can go somewhere, & I followed him to a nearby spot that is actually a pretty good stretch. 1st run he got a fraction of a jump and my car didnt downshift (35 roll or so) but i reeled him from his rear q/p to about 1/4 car ahead before 110 or so. Second and last race he wanted to go even slower (BAD 4 him) like a 15-20 roll or so. This time we left at the same time with his front tire at about my front bumper, & my car downshifted. I pulled on him instantly and finished at about 110-115 ahead by 3 cars or so. Stopped to chuck tha deuce and say good run & the dudes brakes were pourin smoke. Hope its cause he was holdin em while we were racin LOL, J/K. Seriously tho he looked like he didnt believe me that the car didnt put down more than 330 on the dyno even now. Uh yea dude that means u have less!! Wait... i must be sprayin!! HAHA J/K
So when its all said and done i look over at ol girl and she has the biggest ****** grin ive ever seen, & goes on all week about how badass it was (I say all week cause shes come back ever since!!!!!)

Last edited by SSickLS1; 05-12-2009 at 01:04 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:26 AM
Banned

1st page!
Old 05-11-2009, 08:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill, dude. Did you get some after the race?
Old 05-11-2009, 10:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'll just say......cool. LOL
Old 05-11-2009, 10:27 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I'll just say......cool. LOL
Huh, I'm guessing there's a story there but I don't have time to read 25 pages to get it.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Teching In

congrats
Old 05-11-2009, 11:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pics of said girl or ban.

Jk. Good runs man. I want to race a Mach.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Huh, I'm guessing there's a story there but I don't have time to read 25 pages to get it.
Nope. I just dont' think he got 3 lengths on a true full exhaust, bolt on, tuned, 4.10'd mach.

That car would have better gearing, less weight and more power than him.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nope. I just dont' think he got 3 lengths on a true full exhaust, bolt on, tuned, 4.10'd mach.

no tire, he would blow them off from that speed.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

He would defintly have better gearing and less weight but more power i doudt that the mach is prob only putting down around 300rwhp maybe a bit more so i dont know how you think he would have more power
Old 05-11-2009, 06:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 00silverGTP
no tire, he would blow them off from that speed.
True.

Originally Posted by 97ta383
He would defintly have better gearing and less weight but more power i doudt that the mach is prob only putting down around 300rwhp maybe a bit more so i dont know how you think he would have more power
I think you are tad misinformed about machs my friend. A true Full exhaust, CAI, tuned mach will put down a good 315-320rwhp/330-335TQ.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

maybe just not quite enough. Good races OP, and good luck with the chick!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:57 PM
Launching!

I appreciate the kudos gentelmen and, ponygt65 make no mistake about it i think a Mach 1 in that particular color scheme is the one of the few stangs i wouldnt mind owning. They are faster than the new GT's and considering ive never raced a supercharged cobra thats about the closest ive had one hang. Dude was nice and car sounded great. He didnt spin tho - he had wide *** tires and the first race was like a 35-40 roll. In the shitty air we have out here i run 13.3@103-4 & a 8.5 @ 84 1/8th (in a 4500ft density altitude 3000ft actual) w/current setup, id say that car would run a 13.7-8 @100-01 & a 8.8-9 @ like 81-82 1/8th out here. BEFORE U COMMENT ON WHAT THESE CARS SHOULD RUN LEARN ABOUT DENSITY ALTITUDES!! It was pretty close - he just couldnt outshift the auto. Im on MT dr's so i wanna dig! It didnt matter tho.

U kno what - i promise ill have pics for ya in the next day or so of the very chic ive mentioned posing in the driver seat of the car i was in. No explination necessary - she wont be able to resist. Also, im proud to say - yo boy has gotten mo *** in the last week after all this went down than in the last year!!!! After some **** that cool u can do no wrong!!!
Old 05-12-2009, 12:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I think you are tad misinformed about machs my friend. A true Full exhaust, CAI, tuned mach will put down a good 315-320rwhp/330-335TQ.
Thats it? For what they start with thats pretty good but I figured they'd put down more than that HP wise anyway. The torque seems about right but those HP numbers for as hard as those things spin isn't that great.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:30 AM
Launching!

I wonder how a full bolt on Mach AUTO w/a well selected converter/gear would run??? Personally, i think they do alright for what they are. I think the 32v design is more efficient but the 4.6 dispalcement limits them from bein an LS1 killer. I like the 5.3-4? they put in the Cobra R but those are pretty rare. Anyway the DOHC 4.6 is a decent rival. The underdog from start to finish IMO but a fair competitor nonetheless. BTW i dunno if anyone else has ever sat inside a Mach but they are fukin PLUSH. Kinda like sittin ina GTO, compared to an F-body. Also i think that Mach did near as good a job hangin as a 24v Saleen i raced before. Saleen did better hangin above 80MPH tho. He froze at my bumper to 130. Unfortunately no hot babes were on board for that one.

Last edited by SSickLS1; 05-12-2009 at 01:00 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, it was Pacquiao vs Hatton. Anyway, good kill!
Old 05-12-2009, 01:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

nice racin damn i wish my girl gave me *** after winning a race i just get the ur an ******* did you have to do that with me in the car u have enough tickets she hates it lol but she does like the smell of no cats
Old 05-12-2009, 01:59 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSickLS1
I wonder how a full bolt on Mach AUTO w/a well selected converter/gear would run??? Personally, i think they do alright for what they are. I think the 32v design is more efficient but the 4.6 dispalcement limits them from bein an LS1 killer. I like the 5.3-4? they put in the Cobra R but those are pretty rare. Anyway the DOHC 4.6 is a decent rival. The underdog from start to finish IMO but a fair competitor nonetheless. BTW i dunno if anyone else has ever sat inside a Mach but they are fukin PLUSH. Kinda like sittin ina GTO, compared to an F-body. Also i think that Mach did near as good a job hangin as a 24v Saleen i raced before. Saleen did better hangin above 80MPH tho. He froze at my bumper to 130. Unfortunately no hot babes were on board for that one.
Well hell I can tell you. The only thing missing was long tubes. I had an OR X, C&L CAI, SLP cat back with LM2's, Diablo Predator tune. Car went 13.4 at 103 with the stock 3.55 gears and stock converter. Big handicap with a stock auto mach is the redline has to be limited to around 6000 due to the converter "ballooning" from the high revs. Obviously the 4V's love the revs so it is a big handicap. 4.10's and a 3200 stall got me to 12.6. All on 10.5 MT DR's.

Sorry about the hijack OP, good kills. Gotta agree with Mike though the Mach shoulda pulled better.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Thats it? For what they start with thats pretty good but I figured they'd put down more than that HP wise anyway. The torque seems about right but those HP numbers for as hard as those things spin isn't that great.
Its a small motor, what do you expect?

Add some cams and alittle bit of head work and you have 380rwhp

Add some bore and compression and you have 440rwhp

These motors are very easy to make alot of power with, it just takes alot of money and knowledge.

My g/f's Mach made 308rwhp and 333rwtq and her mods are only a intake spacer, CAI, O/R H pipe, and catback.

Last edited by Stopsign32v; 05-12-2009 at 02:22 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

machs are sweet. i have a buddy about to procharge his. hopefully he will be a decent race now . Subscribing for hot chick pics!