Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Street racing advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street racing advice

Not sure if this is the best place for this but, my brother and his friend were out on a little road out side of the city limits and where setting up a race since my buddy just got his 79 camaro with a buick 430 dropped into it. my brother was driving my sisters 04 mach 1. well needless to say the mach won by a good 2 car lengths, but what happened is a person who lives off that road video recorded the race. (i assume with the intent to turn it over to the cops) now my question is, is there any real repercutions that could stem from the video since it was just a 3rd party and not a cop?
Old 05-24-2009, 01:58 PM
On The Tree

Not sure if this is the right place either, but you could say that someone was test driving your sisters car to buy it and you had no clue that they went street racing while on their joyride.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 92maro
is there any real repercutions that could stem from the video since it was just a 3rd party and not a cop?

just because a cop didn't catch you doing something illegal doesn't mean you are scot-free..

If they know who you are and turn it into the police then you could be in some
Old 05-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Banned

I know everytime I have been pulled over because of a witness calling the cops they never could do anything because it was their word versus mine.

But with video evidence that could be a whole new can of worms, so I dunno. Unless they got the plate numbers then I would say they cant prove ****.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
Unless they got the plate numbers then I would say they cant prove ****.
This is the big thing that you need to look at. Also don't admit to doing anything. If you admit to it then they don't have to prove anything. Cops will do this when they know you were speeding but didn't clock you. They try to get you to give them a speed so they can write you a ticket anyway.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Banned

I had a cop argue with me for 20 minutes one time because he said I didnt have my seatbelt on when I passed him. Well it was night time and I wasnt wearing it, but before he came after me I had slipped it on.

It got to the point to where was like "Look im gunna give you a warning, but will you atleast admit you weren't wearing it?" Ha Ha come on guy im not an idiot, if I would of been like oh ok yeah I wasnt wearing it then a warning would have been out the window.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Staging Lane

Alright, thanks. As for the race itself, it wasnt so pretty. the camaro just got a buick 430 with new cam, pretty much a complete rebuild, 2300 stall. the mach one is bone stock minues the new nitto nt555 tires, (horribly sized at 255/35/20's) the camaro has some off brand 295/50/15s. According to the camaro driver he couldnt get traction but to me it just looked like it was just underpowered off the line and bogged down. mustang had 2 cars on the camaro by the 330ft mark and the mustang shut down after 80mph.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:19 PM
Staging Lane

They're not going to be able to right a citation based on the video evidence.... It would be the equivalent of someone video tapping you run a stop sign, making an illegal U-turn or other traffic violation and the Law Enforcement Agency writing a ticket after the fact. Let's say you get drunk in a bar.... throwing up, incoherent and shitting on yourself while someone records it.. you drive off and two days later someone tries to write you a DUI ticket.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger Z06
Not sure if this is the right place either, but you could say that someone was test driving your sisters car to buy it and you had no clue that they went street racing while on their joyride.
there you go; nobody can tell 100% it was you driving the car because nobody identified you with your drivers license or other valid ID card when it happened. So it could be anyone else that drove your car this day and you dont have a clue who did
Old 05-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
there you go; nobody can tell 100% it was you driving the car because nobody identified you with your drivers license or other valid ID card when it happened. So it could be anyone else that drove your car this day and you dont have a clue who did
Do what I advise people to do when you have to beat traffic cameras if you're married. Have your wife on the title of the car along with yourself ( or two drivers on the title) if the camera doesn't take a photo of the driver. They can't prove who was driving the car you or your wife etc.....

I hate photo traffic enforcement here in the states... at least the ones in Germany took a picture of you (front,side and also pics of the car front,side and rear).
Old 05-24-2009, 06:04 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Good kill, just let us know if the cops come knocking
Old 05-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 94Mustang302ci
Do what I advise people to do when you have to beat traffic cameras if you're married. Have your wife on the title of the car along with yourself ( or two drivers on the title) if the camera doesn't take a photo of the driver. They can't prove who was driving the car you or your wife etc.....

I hate photo traffic enforcement here in the states... at least the ones in Germany took a picture of you (front,side and also pics of the car front,side and rear).
Listen to this man...

You asked for advice? It doesn't get any better than asking a police officer? Or is it ex-police officer now?
Old 05-24-2009, 06:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 94Mustang302ci

LOL True story. One night, when I was stationed in Germany, a few of my German buddies decided to **** with one of the camera cars sitting just outside of town.
The car/camera would sit there and nail people constantly. I didn't realize this was a plan in the works for some time. They had fricken clown costumes and paint. I helped paint them up and we went out and removed the tags.`
It was AWSOME. I sat just out of sight with some other people as they drove past stricking odd poses for the camera.
There was no way to get caught.....................except to much of a good thing.LOL The guy in the car called a regular unit and they got nailed. Funny **** though. Over 20 pics and they got them all sent in the mail to them.LOL
Anyways..............best advice I can give when faced with ANYTHING you don't want to account for. DENY UNTIL YOU DIE! nuff said on that. no tag no crime on that video that involved you.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by unit213
Listen to this man...

You asked for advice? It doesn't get any better than asking a police officer? Or is it ex-police officer now?
Ex-Officer for right now but i can feel myself getting that itch again. As soon as I can get the wife okay with me going back (harder now since she's pregnant) then I'll be back in uniform.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Regular

They have shots that can take care of that itch for you.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
LOL True story. One night, when I was stationed in Germany, a few of my German buddies decided to **** with one of the camera cars sitting just outside of town.
The car/camera would sit there and nail people constantly. I didn't realize this was a plan in the works for some time. They had fricken clown costumes and paint. I helped paint them up and we went out and removed the tags.`
It was AWSOME. I sat just out of sight with some other people as they drove past stricking odd poses for the camera.
There was no way to get caught.....................except to much of a good thing.LOL The guy in the car called a regular unit and they got nailed. Funny **** though. Over 20 pics and they got them all sent in the mail to them.LOL
Anyways..............best advice I can give when faced with ANYTHING you don't want to account for. DENY UNTIL YOU DIE! nuff said on that. no tag no crime on that video that involved you.
you were stationed in germany before?

sprichst du deutch?? ich hab in deutchland fuer 4 jahre gelebt!
Old 05-24-2009, 08:15 PM
TECH Addict

Wow, did they get video of anyone driving up close? If not i dont see how anyone can be charged.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

if they write you a ticket jsut for the video then a whole lot of people in streetfire and youtube should be worried. I think your ok.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
They have shots that can take care of that itch for you.
Not this itch.... she did things to me that night i can't even repeat.. All i know is it looks like cottage cheese when i pee.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by raysadude
you were stationed in germany before?

sprichst du deutch?? ich hab in deutchland fuer 4 jahre gelebt!
Bitte sprechen sie Englisch.