Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got beat :/ but ill share the vid anyways...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got beat :/ but ill share the vid anyways...

my Cts-v has a intake , catback, and a small 220-224 cam ( im still on stock headers :/ )

the nissan 240sx has a sr20det, big turbo with a bunch of bolt ons running 20psi

(thing sounds amazing in person, video doesnt do justice)

I wanted a boosted 240sx when I was younger, I owned a 89 few years back when i was about 19 but i never boosted it just got rid of it after few months.

I Always loved the sr20 swap so when I ran into this I had to race it.

Enjoy the vid, he inches away on my LS6 but I still feel proud since ive only got a few parts and im choking on the stock headers...

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8mJo...e=channel_page
Old 08-26-2009, 10:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good runs man!

Any **** talking?

Old 08-27-2009, 12:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahh dam unplug the ls6 and let her breath up top lol. Anyway that was a dam good run.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
Ahh dam unplug the ls6 and let her breath up top lol. Anyway that was a dam good run.
Ya they are coming soon, the cat connectors are on back order it will be a few weeks.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:24 AM
Banned

Much respect to both cars. Any times on your setup?
Old 08-27-2009, 07:59 AM
Staging Lane

i wish i could see the vid at work... i ran a similarly sr20 swap 240sx on 15-17 psi, i cant remember the exact number, but i was able to hold him off by a car from a dig to the end of 4th ~140ish but i should have lost.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great runs with a close car. Any chance he turned up the boost or brake boosted on that second run? Looked like he pulled harder than on the first but it could have just been driving differences.

I'll have to keep an eye out for that thing and give him a run if I see him. What color was it? Any distinguishing features that I would notice if I saw it?
Old 08-27-2009, 09:31 AM
TECH Resident

I raced a 90's nissan sentra with a SR20 and GT30R turbo running like 17 psi. beat him by a car.. those things are quick
Old 08-27-2009, 09:31 AM

Good death, that Nissan moved out! Sounded pretty good too for a 4 cylinder.

We'll have to all meet up sometime for a cruise. Pm me if interested.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Staging Lane

Good runs, I love the CTS-Vs. I raced one a couple weeks ago in my SRed 240 and pulled him pretty good from a roll. Then my buddy in his bolt on T/A raced him and got him to. It was good time the V looked good in black and sounded mean, definetly had an exhaust on it. Only thing I did'nt like about it was the owner put a big Ford emblem on the back. He said it was a joke because his dad was huge Ford fan.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:46 AM
TECH Resident

maxspeed96ct & ScreaminRedZ u guys r invited to the pike sunday at burger king for a cruise!
Old 08-27-2009, 09:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

theres no reason to be upset for losing to a lighter car with a big turbo and alot of boost id say you hung pretty damn well :0

on a side note, why did you buy a cam before headers? just wondering.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SRpwred240
Only thing I did'nt like about it was the owner put a big Ford emblem on the back. He said it was a joke because his dad was huge Ford fan.
That is really weird. He wanted to put a Ford emblem on his car as a joke? That makes me want to
Old 08-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Launching!

Speaking of emblem swaps. There's this kat at the Ford plant I work at with a Cavalier. He took of all the badges and put on a couple blue ovals so now he parks in the ford lot and security ain't towed it yet!
Old 08-27-2009, 03:33 PM
Banned

I did the cam without doing the headers just cause i simply ran out of cash as I was collecting up parts, some other **** came up so i said **** it just put the cam in and the springs . And I was going to wait on the headers but that didnt last long..ordered them the other day but the kooks cat connectors are on backorder.

Hey screamin im always around the pike sat nights, burger king is always to packed so i just cruise and by and dont normaly park. But ill stop this weekend and see how it is.

The 240 is a burgundy color, its got some nice wide rays wheels and its dropped. Nothing realy fancy to be honest..

A f-body or vette with my dyno numbers should beat him, since the v is a few hundred pounds heavier.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct
I did the cam without doing the headers just cause i simply ran out of cash as I was collecting up parts, some other **** came up so i said **** it just put the cam in and the springs . And I was going to wait on the headers but that didnt last long..ordered them the other day but the kooks cat connectors are on backorder.

Hey screamin im always around the pike sat nights, burger king is always to packed so i just cruise and by and dont normaly park. But ill stop this weekend and see how it is.

The 240 is a burgundy color, its got some nice wide rays wheels and its dropped. Nothing realy fancy to be honest..

A f-body or vette with my dyno numbers should beat him, since the v is a few hundred pounds heavier.
was he a young guy with short brown hair? i think i met him at a dyno day in Windsor Locks. you should come Sunday - have a lot of camaros that should attend, i'd love to see a CTSV in person for once!

edit: just saw u left me a message, see you sunday afternoon! - ill msg u with a specific time soon
Old 08-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sujomatt
was he a young guy with short brown hair? i think i met him at a dyno day in Windsor Locks. you should come Sunday - have a lot of camaros that should attend, i'd love to see a CTSV in person for once!

edit: just saw u left me a message, see you sunday afternoon! - ill msg u with a specific time soon
he just picked it up a few days ago so i dout it was him...

But im down to do some runs, still waiting on some parts before I can run with the few cars you listed. lol
Old 08-27-2009, 03:55 PM
TECH Resident

oh ok nm

oh u dont have to run it, we hang out at bk - relax cruise for a bite somewhere, cruise more.. a few races maybe, no pressure tho
Old 08-27-2009, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct
Sounds good! I should be there Sat as long as the weather holds out, and I definitely want to be there Sunday. If it looks good Saturday night then I'll shoot you a PM to see where we can meet up. There are usually some badass cars at BK (and always the seemingly mandatory retards too, haha).
Old 08-27-2009, 04:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Sounds good! I should be there Sat as long as the weather holds out, and I definitely want to be there Sunday. If it looks good Saturday night then I'll shoot you a PM to see where we can meet up. There are usually some badass cars at BK (and always the seemingly mandatory retards too, haha).
hah true that... i was t bobs tryin to run all the imports last sat..

i cant run with your cammed f-body yet, i lost to my buddies stock 6spd c6 vette, my car isnt that fast but can hold its own.. hehe

i def want to run that G8 .. hehe

ill see if i make it sunday but got alot to do, i will def go sat if it doesnt rain..