Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Lemons Girlfriends TA VS V8 Thunderbird

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 05:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Lemons Girlfriends TA VS V8 Thunderbird

So the girlfriend got an opportunity to move up at her place of business.. We got out of town today and on our way back in stop at a neighboring towns gas station.
As I get out to go pay for our gas I see one of my car buddies walking out, of course we stop to talk and walk back inside.. As we are walking in a Thunbird (POS) pulls up 1 pump over from where the girlfriend is getting gas. He was making it known that he was there and I just kind of shrugged it off. While we were inside the guy comes in talking on his cell phone VERY loudly while trying not to let us see he was looking at us out of the corner of his eye saying "I'm not racing him in that I will race him in my saleen this weekend, it wont even be a race".. Me and bobby looked at each other and started laughing.. It was obvious this kid did NOT own a saleen.

As I walk outside the other guy pumping gas is kind of looking at me funny.. I think nothing of it and go to get in the car. I say **** it and walk about half way over...
Me- Hey man, which way you guys heading?
Him- That way.. (pointing to the same direction as I am going)
Me- Cool man you guys want to run a stock trans am, its a girl car..
Him- *Laughing and with a smirk on his face* This thunderbird will blow that thing out of the water, wont even be a race..
Me- Ok, so no worries then.. just don't be mad when you see a girl coming by you..

As I go back to get into the car the owner/driver comes back out.. I walk over to him and tell him his buddy said you would murder my girlfriends car.. he asks what it is and i tell him a stock ls1... he said normally he would but he has two extra rims/tires in the back seat..
He said he would bring his saleen out tonight though and race and i said she wasnt interested but that i would bring my car out and walk all over it if he wanted to.. he looked at me as if he saw a ghost..

So i go get back in the car.. we drive down the road and the g/f decides she doesnt want to drive We pull to the side of the road and switch... WELL, i wasnt in ANY hurry so i waited for traffic to clear to pull out, which also just happened to be right where this thunderbird was..

I pulled out and let him come up to me... They are rolling the windows up and shutting the sunroof very frantically, i guess to make it more aero-dynamic..
He is making a gesture of "slow down a little more".. i was hoping we would get around 25-30, which we did...
he points and laughs, downshifts, then takes off..

I kicked it right after him and IMMEDIATELY stopped what you could call his "pull" or "creep"... As I went by I waved while laughing.. Let off around 55-60mph and about 5-6 lengths ahead of him.. Pulled him HARD, looked like he wasnt even racing, but he was..
I hit my brakes @ 60mph and just stayed one constant speed, he was still WOT.. around 2-3 seconds later he finally passed (with me laughing and a shrugging gesture as to "what happened" us and kept chugging till about 90mph.

It took me a little bit to catch up to him because i drive the speed limit and he was doing 90.. He finally got caught in traffic and i pulled up next to him..

Demeanor totally changed.. I asked what happened to his beast against a girls car and he replied "its slow" and his boyfriend looked like he had now seen a ghost!
I also asked if he wanted to run my trans am with his saleen tonight and he said no, that was enough racing for one day.. i rolled my window up and took off..

His mods- Sounded like an exhaust maybe... And two morons!
GFs mods-
ls6 cam
ls6 intake
373 gears
PSetter LT's through a dynomax (cutout was closed)
lid
underdrive pulley/thermostat/shift kit
Old 08-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
So the girlfriend got an opportunity to move up at her place of business.. We got out of town today and on our way back in stop at a neighboring towns gas station.
As I get out to go pay for our gas I see one of my car buddies walking out, of course we stop to talk and walk back inside.. As we are walking in a Thunbird (POS) pulls up 1 pump over from where the girlfriend is getting gas. He was making it known that he was there and I just kind of shrugged it off. While we were inside the guy comes in talking on his cell phone VERY loudly while trying not to let us see he was looking at us out of the corner of his eye saying "I'm not racing him in that I will race him in my saleen this weekend, it wont even be a race".. Me and bobby looked at each other and started laughing.. It was obvious this kid did NOT own a saleen.

As I walk outside the other guy pumping gas is kind of looking at me funny.. I think nothing of it and go to get in the car. I say **** it and walk about half way over...
Me- Hey man, which way you guys heading?
Him- That way.. (pointing to the same direction as I am going)
Me- Cool man you guys want to run a stock trans am, its a girl car..
Him- *Laughing and with a smirk on his face* This thunderbird will blow that thing out of the water, wont even be a race..
Me- Ok, so no worries then.. just don't be mad when you see a girl coming by you..

As I go back to get into the car the owner/driver comes back out.. I walk over to him and tell him his buddy said you would murder my girlfriends car.. he asks what it is and i tell him a stock ls1... he said normally he would but he has two extra rims/tires in the back seat..
He said he would bring his saleen out tonight though and race and i said she wasnt interested but that i would bring my car out and walk all over it if he wanted to.. he looked at me as if he saw a ghost..

So i go get back in the car.. we drive down the road and the g/f decides she doesnt want to drive We pull to the side of the road and switch... WELL, i wasnt in ANY hurry so i waited for traffic to clear to pull out, which also just happened to be right where this thunderbird was..

I pulled out and let him come up to me... They are rolling the windows up and shutting the sunroof very frantically, i guess to make it more aero-dynamic..
He is making a gesture of "slow down a little more".. i was hoping we would get around 25-30, which we did...
he points and laughs, downshifts, then takes off..

I kicked it right after him and IMMEDIATELY stopped what you could call his "pull" or "creep"... As I went by I waved while laughing.. Let off around 55-60mph and about 5-6 lengths ahead of him.. Pulled him HARD, looked like he wasnt even racing, but he was..
I hit my brakes @ 60mph and just stayed one constant speed, he was still WOT.. around 2-3 seconds later he finally passed (with me laughing and a shrugging gesture as to "what happened" us and kept chugging till about 90mph.

It took me a little bit to catch up to him because i drive the speed limit and he was doing 90.. He finally got caught in traffic and i pulled up next to him..

Demeanor totally changed.. I asked what happened to his beast against a girls car and he replied "its slow" and his boyfriend looked like he had now seen a ghost!
I also asked if he wanted to run my trans am with his saleen tonight and he said no, that was enough racing for one day.. i rolled my window up and took off..

His mods- Sounded like an exhaust maybe... And two morons!
GFs mods-
ls6 cam
ls6 intake
373 gears
PSetter LT's through a dynomax (cutout was closed)
lid
underdrive pulley/thermostat/shift kit

sweet man wish u got a video of tht to bad he didnt bring his (so called ) saleen out lol ha
Old 08-27-2009, 06:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

thunderbird?

you meanie..........how could he not know how slow they are?
Old 08-27-2009, 06:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wait..did I read that right? You said Thunderbird...as in T-bird? as in many of TSB problems and an 'older persons' car looking back 40 years Thunderbird?

Thunderbird right?

Or was this the early 90s SC'd T-bird?..as in 210HP stock T-bird.

Wait.

Thunderbird?

I'm still confused. For a second there, I thought you were saying a guy owned a T-bird and thought it was faster than an LS fbod.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ls1freak33
sweet man wish u got a video of tht to bad he didnt bring his (so called ) saleen out lol ha
I know.. Didn't even think about it, knew it wasnt going to be much and wasnt planning on posting about it.. But I was bored so I figured I would give you guys a short laugh..

SO CALLED!?!?!?! YOU BEST BELIEEE DAT!

Originally Posted by hugger1975
thunderbird?

you meanie..........how could he not know how slow they are?
I don't know.. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

video or tbirds are faster than Speedy Gonzales & roadrunner combined.

on a serious note, the title of this thread should have been "Ghost Story" since there seemed to be so many out in this town.

nice dbag kill
Old 08-28-2009, 01:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Wait..did I read that right? You said Thunderbird...as in T-bird? as in many of TSB problems and an 'older persons' car looking back 40 years Thunderbird?

Thunderbird right?

Or was this the early 90s SC'd T-bird?..as in 210HP stock T-bird.

Wait.

Thunderbird?

I'm still confused. For a second there, I thought you were saying a guy owned a T-bird and thought it was faster than an LS fbod.
No, couldn't be...

I was DYING LAUGHING about the whole thing.. It was 10X's funnier in person talking to these two kids.. As far as I know it didnt have a supercharger.

Originally Posted by WSsick
video or tbirds are faster than Speedy Gonzales & roadrunner combined.

on a serious note, the title of this thread should have been "Ghost Story" since there seemed to be so many out in this town.

nice dbag kill

Thanks!
Old 08-28-2009, 04:08 AM
11 Second Club

WOW!!! I love the stupid kids that reel themselves into ****.... its hilarious.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:32 AM
TECH Resident

Thunderbird... lawl..
Old 08-28-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

I just went and re-read a part...

When I asked if he wanted to race his reply was...

"This 4.6l V8 Thunderbird will blow....."

I loved how he added the size of the engine in there, like it was supposed to impressive compared to a 5.7l..
Old 08-28-2009, 02:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I loved how he added the size of the engine in there, like it was supposed to impressive compared to a 5.7l..
Well...it is bad *** compared to the other option...the 3.8L Rattlematic V6.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL!!!! My mom use to have a Red '96 Thunderbird with the 4.6L V8 and it's a TURD!!!!!! My LT1 would have whooped it's azz stock...lol espcially since well that one didn't come with possitraction rear so the indepentdent 1 wheel peel is GAY!!!!!!!! Car was a pig and a slug and NOT impressive by any means...

Glad you put the smack down on some ignorant fools.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by FormulaZR
Well...it is bad *** compared to the other option...the 3.8L Rattlematic V6.
I actually raced one of those in my old 99 V6 firebird when I was in High school, that kid also thought his car was THE ****!

It was ugly to say the least!
Old 08-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Launching!

i actually met one of my best friends that way. he was driving a 5.0 t-bird. dont know what year, but i was driving a 01 suburban with a magnacharged 5.3. and some bolt ons and i smoked him from like 3 stoplights in a row. then he waved for me to stop at a gas station and we talked and he turned out to be a pretty cool guy. he has helped me build almost every stage of my camaro.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Dude..holy ****.

"Know how I know you're gay?"....you drive a ******* redesigned late 90s tbird and think you're quick.

That's just pathetic.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Dude..holy ****.

"Know how I know you're gay?"....you drive a ******* redesigned late 90s tbird and think you're quick.

That's just pathetic.
!!!!!!! If I would have thought about it, I would have said it!!!

The driver wasn't THAT bad... He was definitely a tool, but not like the passenger was. Pass. was around 5'7-5'8 200lbs while wearing some rock Tshirt with holes in his jeans and a black trucker hat.. No offense to third gens owners but he just looked like he belonged in the trailer parks!

Old 08-28-2009, 03:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

!!!!!!! If I would have thought about it, I would have said it!!!

The driver wasn't THAT bad... He was definitely a tool, but not like the passenger was. Pass. was around 5'7-5'8 200lbs while wearing some rock Tshirt with holes in his jeans and a black trucker hat.. No offense to third gens owners but he just looked like he belonged in the trailer parks!

I'm picturing Jon Reep right now...he's the "Hey, that thing got a Hemi?" guy...
Old 08-28-2009, 04:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by FormulaZR
I'm picturing Jon Reep right now...he's the "Hey, that thing got a Hemi?" guy...
!!
Old 08-28-2009, 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

Well i used to have a 95 4.6L V8 Sport Coupe LX Thunderbird (yess i want to add the entire damn engine size & everything like the guy in the story lol). Anyways it was my 1st car, and i thought it was pretty quick at the time. I wasnt big into racing anyways, i was just 16 and happy i had a damn car lol So i can see maybe why this guy thinks its fast because it actually is pretty quick for what it is but nothing special compared to an ls1 powered car. I figured that out way befor i hoped into an LS1 car, i just jumped into my brothers 84 Monte Carlo SS w/ a 305 HighOutput engine and pretty much knew. It would *** rape the T-Bird. **** it took out a 99 Stang GT lol Those gotta be faster then T-Birds lol Well i hope...

EDIT: Anyways, OP nice *** raping you did right there. Good way to put dumb kids in there places.

Last edited by Badguy7; 08-28-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Badguy7
Well i used to have a 95 4.6L V8 Sport Coupe LX Thunderbird (yess i want to add the entire damn engine size & everything like the guy in the story lol). Anyways it was my 1st car, and i thought it was pretty quick at the time. I wasnt big into racing anyways, i was just 16 and happy i had a damn car lol So i can see maybe why this guy thinks its fast because it actually is pretty quick for what it is but nothing special compared to an ls1 powered car. I figured that out way before i hoped into an LS1 car, i just jumped into my brothers 84 Monte Carlo SS w/ a 305 HighOutput engine and pretty much knew. It would *** rape the T-Bird. **** it took out a 99 Stang GT lol Those gotta be faster then T-Birds lol Well i hope...

But remember, he has a saleen at the house!