Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Lt1>ls1

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 01:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt1>ls1

So a friend of mine who I got into fbodies and who has been trying to sell his jeep and find a ls1 bird finally did. 2000 black on black T/A, bone *** stock, leather, monsoon system, 3.23's, and off course, first thing that we needed to do? Yup, have a little friendly comparison of acceleration. We went from a 25ish roll, both had a passenger, I was in second, (I know should've been first, but probably didn't make a difference since now I have an aftermarket lid on my base, first gear has some traction issues at any speed), anyways, I held second, waited till I heard him downshift and to see the car react. Naturally he got the jump, but the ol' LT1 reeled him him pretty quick, and by the middle of fourth I had a solid car and a half. Yes it ended just how I figured, but was still fun to beat up on an LS1 (puts on flamesuit)
Old 10-31-2009, 01:53 PM
Launching!

thats simply not possible... lt1's cannot beat ls1's....

good kill man.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:04 PM
10 Second Club

Thats probably about right a modded lt1 going against a bone stock ls1.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:09 PM
Launching!

it should be really close after he gets a lid and catback, but after he gets headers, not with how my car sits now. I knew I was gonna win, but we still had to know for sure.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:48 PM
11 Second Club

bullinshitze...lt1s are junk..ask me how I know...good thing you put on your flame suit
Old 10-31-2009, 03:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good kill. now keep modding while he is so you can keep the winning up!
Old 10-31-2009, 03:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

being he just got the car means he didnt drive the car to the max of its potential, nonetheless good kill
Old 10-31-2009, 05:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by raysadude
being he just got the car means he didnt drive the car to the max of its potential, nonetheless good kill
i agree with this.. Swtich cars and do the samething see what the outcome will be. Does he have alot of experience with a manual? Is he almost brand new to a manual? Usually it takes more mods than what you have to beat a ls1. You all started at 25mph but what mph did you all go up to 60 lol?? On the top end the ls1 just rapes the lt1's!! Anywho good kill keep up the modding cause you will definately need it once he starts modding!!! O and it goes ls1>lt1

Last edited by demarco313; 10-31-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:01 PM
11 Second Club

Fake story.. You know you were running 500 shot of Nitrous .
Old 10-31-2009, 07:13 PM
On The Tree

haha. But, 3rd gen l-series blocks own all! j/k (puts on flame suit)

Nice kill, and keep modding ... I'm pretty sure he'll probably go out in the next month or so and get some mods for his ls1.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by demarco313
i agree with this.. Swtich cars and do the samething see what the outcome will be. Does he have alot of experience with a manual? Is he almost brand new to a manual? Usually it takes more mods than what you have to beat a ls1. You all started at 25mph but what mph did you all go up to 60 lol?? On the top end the ls1 just rapes the lt1's!! Anywho good kill keep up the modding cause you will definately need it once he starts modding!!! O and it goes ls1>lt1
Yup! When I first got my SS, it was my first manual car ever. I didnt know how to drive it...I actually taught myself how to drive standard on it. I raced a local 06 Mustang GT and he beat me. Why? Because I was miss shifting, missing gears etc...

now that I have 100rwhp more and can bang gears like no tomorrow, he wont race me again.

BTW, i RAPPED a local friends 97 WS6 with 4.10's, Heads, 503 cam etc....absolute murder. Faster we went, the worse it was for him. Just proves the top end pull on ls1's over lt1's.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

lt1? isn't that a ford engine?
Old 10-31-2009, 08:18 PM

Good kill, looks like you have a nice bolt-on setup for your car! What do you have planned next?
Old 10-31-2009, 08:44 PM
11 Second Club

lt1? isn't that a ford engine?
you're close...replace the t with an s....shhhhhhh
Old 10-31-2009, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

If I recall, the O.P. said his buddies car was Bone Stock with 3.23 gears...... so that means his car is, or atleast should be an A4! So my question is, how hard is it drive an A4? And i'd hope an LT1 with full exhaust including long-tubes, gears, suspension and a few other nick nacks would be able to pull a stock automatic LS1. Some of you guys are not on your P's & Q's around this place.

And FYI my last LT1 molested it's fair of LS1's on the top-end just so you know.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:47 PM
Launching!

i feel bad for LT1's because they get no respect.. back in 93 though, they were god! ive seen enough fast LT1's to respect them.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:17 PM
Launching!

yes his car is an auto, and he had, well I let him get a little jump, was wanting to make sure that his car downshifted before I nailed it, and the faster we went, the worse it was for him. And yes he does plan on getting stuff for is soon, we really wants to get a catback, he hates how quiet the stock exhaust is. He just plans on having it be a bolt on car, which I will need my little bump stick (crane 227) to at least be able to hang once he is full bolt on. It was fun though, I wish I would've gotten video from inside his car so I could hear what mine sounds like from outside it. We're going to run at the track next month so he can get some numbers, and I can see how big of a difference my ls1 ws6 base and g2 lid made, and see how it is from a dig. (damn that was a long post)
Old 11-02-2009, 12:21 AM
Teching In

he beat him, plain and simple no need to joke and say "what did you race up to, 60?" An lt1 does not need that many mods to beat an ls1. I dont even have headers and i pulled on an ls1 firebird. TUNE means alot.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 91lt1
he beat him, plain and simple no need to joke and say "what did you race up to, 60?" An lt1 does not need that many mods to beat an ls1. I dont even have headers and i pulled on an ls1 firebird. TUNE means alot.
No way you beat a LS1 with that boat anchor they call the LT1.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Demon 383
If I recall, the O.P. said his buddies car was Bone Stock with 3.23 gears...... so that means his car is, or atleast should be an A4! So my question is, how hard is it drive an A4? And i'd hope an LT1 with full exhaust including long-tubes, gears, suspension and a few other nick nacks would be able to pull a stock automatic LS1. Some of you guys are not on your P's & Q's around this place.

And FYI my last LT1 molested it's fair of LS1's on the top-end just so you know.
Didn't see the 3.23.Your right its an auto not manual.. Which makes it worse for his buddy in a street race when trying to race a manual. What mods did your lt1 have when you were pulling ls1's on the top end? What mph do you consider to be top end? Were the ls1's stock?
I'm not saying its impossible for it to happen, just takes quite a few mods to pull a ls1 on the top end

Originally Posted by 91lt1
Unless the ls1 ppl you race dont know how to drive, lt1's do need quite a few mods to take down a ls1. Tune does mean alot but it will take more than a tune on virtually a stock setup. Anything can happen on the street though. Hell i beat my buddies 510rwhp cobra in my Vette. Should it happen probably not. Did it happen YES. So its not uncommon to see a modded lt1 beat a stock ls1 in a street race. Main thing anyone needs is the (DRIVER MOD). But when comparing a ls1 and lt1 Mod for mod it wont even be close! DO a head/cam to a lt1 then to a ls1. It wont even be close. lt1's dont respond to mods nearly as good as a ls1 does.

Last edited by demarco313; 11-02-2009 at 01:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Lt1>ls1