Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's some good race story's?

Who has a good race story to share?
Old 11-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Banned

I guess I just suck then.

Last edited by Z33Option; 11-11-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

??? huh? Here's what you do: hit the back button on your browser, then search throught the thousands of posted up race stories que'd up for you right there. It's magic how that works, eh?

here is some funny kill compilations of mine from over the years. I've forgot more than I remember, these are just the ones that stuck in my head:

Originally Posted by Sticks_n_Stones
Figured you guys could share some of your more memorable kills that are either funny NOW or were funny at the time (not necessarily the same thing!).

Over the last 20 years I've put a few thousands random and arranged street races under my belt; roll, stoplight, freeway, and illegal backroads 1/4 mile events. My car of choice thru the 90's was a '78 Z28 which went from low 14's when I got it to high 12's- not that fast, but right where all the fun is at with all the fastest stock sports cars and decent modded muscle cars that make it more entertaining than any other speed group IMO. 12.00 second on down car drivers were too serious and uptight, and slower than low 14's was just too slow IMO.

My funnier stories:

Summer of '96 Friday night in Kirkland, WA (scenic hangout for the Microsoft nerds with there exotic cars, never know what you'll be racing). I was parked BS'ing with my brother when a 3000GT VR4 leaves the nearby stoplight HARD, chirping his 4 tires, then cruises by with the suit and tie driver staring hard at my Z28.

Brother and I glance at each other, and smile. Two sodas hit the ground, I Bo Duke across the hood and we are chasing. Two blocks to catch him at a light, with a Honda full of college age guys inbetween. A perfect race spot: road is elevated going uphill without a turnout for at least a 1/4mile.

The Honda knows whats up, they are looking back at us and up at the VR4, acting all excited. Heh Heh Spectators to the Mother of all Flyby's I'm planning. Green light, Honda follows VR4 on quick jump thru intersection and gets into the other lane and slows. I wait for the gap to widen as the VR4 is just cruising 35mph now, not seeing what is about to happen. NOW! Drop the shifter into first, nail the gas n change lanes. I pass him at 6200rpm, the sound devastatingly loud, bouncing off the concrete blocks on either side of the road like a echo chamber. I see him drinking a Big Gulp all innocent like for a split second before the sound hits him, then he jumps in his seat like a snake bit him when the cascade of sound hits his ears. I missed it, but he CRUSHED the 32 ounce big gulp in his grip and spills it all over himself!!!! My brother is in hysterics as he relays that to me.

Guy initially didnt chase but when he realized he couldnt just wipe the mess up with his hanky he got pissed and chases us, racing us up a freeway onramp (I lost) and on the freeway twice (I won both barely). After both the Big Gulp episode and the 2 loses I woulda figured he would just pull off the freeway anonymously but he actually pulled up next to us and gave my car a thumbs up. Cool dude after all.

Damn that was funny though, I can't help but grin every time I think of that even 12 years later!
What do you do when you're a E-4 in the Navy with no money? Borrow it:The next week I ordered a new cam and intake on the CC, cant let it get that close again...
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

Cruising thru town in my old '78 4spd Z28 I come across 2 teens in a restored conv. '66 mustang. Daddies car. As i pull up next to them they rev the engine and expose the fact its a stock 289 with cherry bombs to my trained ear.

Next light is last in town and road goes to 55mph and down to 1 lane after about 100 yards-a race instigators dream. As luck would have it its red, no cars around and he is revving his engine while passenger is hooting and hollering. I knod at him. At the green I launch perfectly and immediately have to let up because he is spinning his one tire mercilessly. His 'retro' white wall high mileage single rear tire finally gets more grip than this monster V8 can spin and pulls even with me. I let him start pulling away slowly and his passenger is going nuts beatin on the dash screaming, whooping, absolutely ecstatic. I'm barely quarter throttle. Waiting...waiting... 100 ft till my lane ends.... my Holley 750 double pumper is opposite the passengers head.. then WHAM! I floor it secondaries slam open air flooding thru with a giant vacuum sound- left front of car lifting- tires barely holding traction- perfect 2nd gear shift with squeeling tires- I rocket around them like they where in reverse a scream of joy LITERALLY FROZEN on the passengers face -hand still midair- drivers head snaps over in shock and awe as my car pulls like the proverbial raped ape past and away from them. I was laughing so hard I could barely manage the 2-3 shift.

I slow down to way below speed limit but they wont get anywhere near me. They then pull a U-turn and head back into town with there tail firmly tucked between there knees. God I used to live for those moments.
...The next week I ordered a higher duration cam and tossed the Rhoad's bleeddown lifters so that the lope would scare guys like that away...
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

Stationed on Whidbey Island, WA. Roger, a friend of mine is the local race instigator and race bookie. Guy could quite literally get a tortoise to race a hare, and make the tortoise think he was favored to win! A non-racing friend of ours had just bought the first LT1 4th gen camaro in town. Parkey's eyes lit the hell up when he saw him pull into the parking lot! He manages to convince him that his car is good for high 13's stock and my car is only a high 14 car. Gets this poor guy all convinced of his invulnerability to the point he wants to skip me and go after the '66 GTO and '68 Chevelle in our group (they were low 12 second cars, mine was mid 13's at time though those numbers were a secret. They were just 'the next faster group' than mine). He finally realizes he has to work his way up - or is it 'down'?- the pecking order so he agrees to our race first.

We normally don't openly race for money, but this guy will not shutup about how fast his STOCK camaro is so Roger takes his wager. I try to stop it, but the camaro guy is insistent that he wont lose so it doesnt matter.... Some people just don't get it... I have to put up with the most ignorant, loud, obnoxious jackass I've ever known for the next 30 minutes as the other cars run, with LT1 big mouth running his mouth like New Orleans induced diarrhea. I mean come on! This bonehead has never raced, or owned anything faster than a '91 Camry. I have to threaten him with bodily injury to get him to go away until race time. Guy knew every stat about his then revolutionary LT1 Z28 except the most important one: "Size 12 shoes will only fit into a open mouth".

We line up, scrub our tires and pull up to Roger who is flagging. As his arms come down I wait for the LT1 to take off first so he doesnt have any excuses. 2/10ths after Roger's arms came to a stop he finally leaves. Or should I say "attempts to leave"? He spins up his Goodyear GS-C's and is too amped to let up on the throttle. I shake my head and let up at half track.

We re-raced later that night after Roger took him aside and showed him how to launch properly. I beat him by a couple car lengths. Confused why it was that close I find out Roger put Track Bite on his tires. probably a side bet I was unaware of... <shaking head as I walk away>

The next week I ordered the MSD 6A, bigger 1 3/4 hooker headers, yet another cam & springs(10 diff cams I tried on that engine), single plane intake and traded for a set of fully ported 2.02 'camel hump' heads...

My brother takes his IROC to Pacific Raceways (S.I.R. back then). Waiting for the tech guy to show up, he talks to two kids in a stock 300Z. They are really interested in his modded IROC until he tells them last time out it ran a 13.10. They look at each other smiling and ask "why so slow?"

Instead of answering that, he looks at him shrewdly and asks how fast he thinks his Z will run.

"It'll run mid to low 12's, these things are totally underrated by the factory."

"Stock they are a high 13 car. What makes you think yours will run 12's??" My brother asks.

The passenger pipes up his version of ignorance this time: "We marked off a 1/4mile and I used a stop watch to time him, should be pretty close. Those magazines were so biased against them when they tested them..."

Dumbfounded I walk off shaking my head. My brother sticks around and tries to talk sense into him, warning him his first time out you dont even look at time slips, learn the lights etc., and that he will probably run a 14 flat at best. The kids walk off on him mid sentence.

Passing tech we go our seperate ways, with the Newbs taking one of the very first stalls to park in. My brother saw his first pass; 14.4 seconds. When the kid returned to the pits, he drove right past his stall and parked out in the very back of the pits, making his friend carry there chairs and cooler to him. They left shortly afterwards.

...The next week I ordered yet another cam and upgraded to a 850 Holley just because...
Old 11-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Staging Lane

"Exceeded" my "character count" on the above post. Here is the last part:
Originally Posted by Sticks_n_Stones
Newer Kill- when I first got my GTO: Turning left off my road I see a red with white stripes newer Mustang drive by infront of me. At first dismissing it as just a GT, I see it has a body kit with big letters on the door sill "GT 350"- I've seen this car around my town a half dozen times at least, always in a low gear revving and decelling it on the main drags and in parking lots, thinking he's the top dog in town or somethin. (it turns out its a vinyl sticker package, rims, and exhaust from Shelby) Suddenly interested I go right and follow him through a tight set of 90 deg turns. He putters thru them at below the speed limit refusing to take the bait of my grill in his mirrors. I see the short dude eyeballing through his mirrors, then something was said because both teens in the car turned around and started laughing.

Smiling, I know what he's gonna do after the last sharp corner that leads to a 1/2 mile straight, so as I clear the corner I swing into the oncoming lane to pass him when I see the roads clear. Sure enough he punches it the second he gets straight, beating me to the throttle by a few tenths. Confident I can still pass him I stay in the oncoming lane, lurching even with him on the shift to second gear. I look over and this guy is absolutely PISSED that I'm passing his "Shelby", veins popping in his head as he slams through his next gear! The kids in back have stopped there excited motions and now have a shell shocked look on there faces as they stare at me open mouthed. Grinning I keep the throttle buried. By half way thru 3rd I'm 4+ cars ahead so I put my blinker on and change back into my lane. He nails his brakes HARD, so I do too, dropping to 20mph in the 35 zone. He stays a 100' back at least at won't get close to me so I wave at him at take off.

Granted he had 3 people in the car, but I weigh 340lbs...
Old 11-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Teching In

both of the storys are good
Old 11-11-2009, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Z33Option
I guess I just suck then.
What happened to the story? Anyway, I'm not bashing or anything but you beat an Evo with intake, exhaust, boost controller, tuned on 20 psi with a stock 350z? I guess it's on the street so anything is possible.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Banned

Awesome story man. That guy with the Z is ******* typical.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by viper1
What happened to the story? Anyway, I'm not bashing or anything but you beat an Evo with intake, exhaust, boost controller, tuned on 20 psi with a stock 350z? I guess it's on the street so anything is possible.
I read the other story and was like . Yea I was very surprised my Z was hanging with either of them also. The first Evo I ran went 12.8 @ 105. I was like I know my Z doesn't trap that high but oh well. The street is the street.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Launching!

THIS WAS MY BEST RACE EVER....ACTUALLY RACED MY AT THE TIME "DREAM CAR "THE 2002 GTS VIPER" IN MY 2004 HEAD/CAM C5 WITH 378 RWHP THROUGH AN AUTO TRANNIE ENJOY

Well I was cruising on a road Ive never really been on..Took a wrong turn or what ever and suddenly seems like Im in a total new area....

Long road without another car in site..so Im just cruising figuring ill just check out this new spot. So as im driving I decide to take a glance in my rearview at a absolutely gorgous woman I just passed...were talking dream girl beautiful.

And Im happy I looked back because I saw her looking back at my 2004 vette as Im driving away at a slow clip....So I wipe the smile off my face and direct my attention back to the road. Not even a second after looking straight as oppossed to my rear view I see a beautiful black 1996-2002 Viper pulling out onto the street.It had the blackest window tent Ive ever seen and silver stripes going over the hood/top and rear.

well the 2002 Viper is currently the car Im dying to add to my stable and I only see them once a year actually driving on the road.

I think to my self..Dang. End up somewhere Ive never been and see the hottest chick Ive ever seen and now this viper that is exactly what I hope to one day own..My lucky day or what....But then my luck gets even better...

THE VIPER WICH WAS A GOOD 1/8 MILE IN FRONT OF ME SLOWS DOWN.....

And now were right beside eachother cruising at roughly 25-35 mph ( I was to busy looking at the car to check out my HUD)...I roll down my window to tell the person to roll theres down as well so we can talk..The windows are so dark I cant even tell if they can see me so I give a little honk of my horn to get there attention..

Still nonthing..WHY WOULD THEY SLOW DOWN NEXT TO ME ONLY TO ACT LIKE THIS????? About 5-10 seconds pass by and the Black viper gives me a rev...Probaly only to 2500 or 3 grand but it was enough to let me know that this person wasnt here to talk...

Suddenly I go into John Force mode..I dont know if Im mad that the owner wouldnt aknowledge me or if Im just that hyped up about racing a soundingly ( from the exhaust) stock viper..Eighter way I roll up the windows....Put the trannie in 3 and turn off the traction control. at my track the stock vipers are 2 tenths faster through the 1/4 mile than my C5 so i knew i needed every advantage I had to even compare to the black beaste next to me....

Once John Force mode was completed I gave a healthy rev back to let the Viper know I was game...

Beep
beep
BEEEEEP

The 3 horn blast from the Viper were so soft from this v10 monster that the car and voice of the car( horn) reminded me in some weird way of Mike Tyson....But I was paying to much attention to the horn because mike jumped out half a car before I did on his way to knock me out...

But not that easily Mike....By the time we hit it on the 3rd beep my car was between 30-40 mph and in the sweet spot for my cammed a4. I punch it and keep that 1/2 a car lentgh that he put on me till 50 mph....

Then everything just seems to go in slow motion...At 50 mph my front fender is by his door. By 60 mph it seems like ive gained a few more inches..were going so fast so quickly. yet since we are side by side every second seems like a full minute.

with both hands gripping the steering wheel and my foot feeling like it's acyually a part of my c5. My eyes venture to the horizion for a split second and notice that it seems as if the sky has suddenly gotten 3 shades darker. I just looked at the girl in my rear view less than 3 minutes ago and it was a beautiful sunny day. Maybe the 70 mph that were now doing is just having that effect on my eyes.

Never the less it seems that ive now gained a little more and his front end cant be more than a foot and a half ahead of mine.... I here Mike shift gears and it seems like he falls back for a split second while im still motoring in 2nd gear. But just as fast as he fell back and gave me a 1/4 car advantage he gets back in his next gear and comes back even with me..

Now were doing 95 mph and we are dead even...Maybe the vipers at the track were pullin better 60 fts than me? maybe Mike just cant drive. eighter way im kneck and kneck with a viper and Im loving every second of it. 100 mph comes and my car changes to 3rd gear...Mike instantly puts a whole car on me...A whole freaken car..

Id love to say that my car jumped back up after changing into 3rd gear at 100 mph...But the now even darker sky wont allow a lie to cross my lips... I stayed 1 lentgh back till 120 mph...but by 140 mph when we shut down mike had two car lengths on me....Just as soon as we shut down it starts raining. maybe since Mike got to the storm 2 car lentghs before I did he shut down seeing the rain dropps first at 140. I dont know why he stopped 180 mph would have been fine with me.But he had made the right decision. As i slowed back down to 35 mph I saw that this storm was extremely intense with rushing rain and pounding wind. But no were near as intense of the feelings I had deep inside after such a great run against my dream car...

Mike signals and then pulls over to the right shoulder...Finally he wants to talk, so I follw suit and park behind him...it's pouring rain from this darkening sky...But at this moment I care less. Ive got to talk to this person about the amazing run that we just had. So I get out of my car and run up to the window....im standing there in front of the driver side door of this viper in the middle of a storm with this stupid look on my face. AND MIKE WONT EVEN ROLL DOWN THE WINDOW???!!! I decide screw this bitc* and start heading back to my car when I hear Mikes little voice again.-Beep-.........

Ok this is dumb but i really want to talk about the race so I head back to mike again....This time the window rolls down and this isnt a Mike at all. this is the same woman I passed 5 minutes ago walking down the street...She's even finer up close????? She just looks at me through the window and then she opens her door and gets out of the Viper and stands there with me in the rain. She then apologizes to me about not responding to me when I honked or told her to roll down her window. she says that the way I was looking at her kind of freaked her out. I apologized and explained to het how i couldnt even see her through the tent and that I had that dumb look on my face because I love her car...She then says that it makes since now and tells me how awesome the run was and she was scared cas people told her that Z06's can beat vipers sometimes. I explained that mine wasnt a Z06 but was modded with this and that and right in the middle of my cam specs she tells me that I have nice eyes. I return the compliment and then she takes a step towards me so that were only 6 inches apart and then......................
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I WAKE UP...HEY I SAID IT WAS MY DREAM CAR DIDNT I...
Old 11-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Staging Lane

Killemall your a friggin azzhat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You had me until the part where she steps toward you. Every car guy knows a Viper owner (even a hot chick) is never gonna talk to a vette driver. Now take your lowly azz back to the corner where you belong.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Launching!

he he he he....
Old 11-11-2009, 11:10 PM
On The Tree

ok the viper short story was epic. nice imagination but maybe you could have played it out more lol.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Teching In

ever think about writeing a book
Old 12-03-2009, 06:39 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Search button dude, search button