Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ss 3600 bolt on ls1 vs pulley cobra (vid)

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 08:46 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ss 3600 bolt on ls1 vs pulley cobra (vid)

Well, i tried my new (used) car against my friends 03 cobra, he doesnt know the mods but knows it has a pulley and an sct flip chip.

I have an ss3600, hooker headers tsp y-pipe and lm1 catback and no tune. He told me to take the hit, i was surprised my little bolt on stalled auto lasted that long against the termi. Any way sorry bout the video being sideways and the late start my passenger was talkn and i dont know how to turn the vid right side up, its from my cell..................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsTY6...eature=channel
Old 06-18-2010, 08:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Vid not working..
Old 06-18-2010, 08:50 PM
Launching!

aite thanks man i fixed it
Old 06-18-2010, 08:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a shitty *** video. Next time tell your friend to stop talking and record the damn thing right, if he's gonna be recording it.

Good run though, that Termi came around you like nothing though.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

You are a stalled A4.. Stop racing from a roll.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Launching!

he wouldnt go from a stand still, kind of funny that he wouldnt cuz when i had my m6 cam nitrous car he wouldnt go from a roll, ne way i ran his race it was a slow roll probably not even 5mph we were barely moving and i punch it, it took him forever to catch up tho but when it did he blew the paint off my doors lol,
Old 06-18-2010, 09:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by blubyu02
he wouldnt go from a stand still, kind of funny that he wouldnt cuz when i had my m6 cam nitrous car he wouldnt go from a roll, ne way i ran his race it was a slow roll probably not even 5mph we were barely moving and i punch it, it took him forever to catch up tho but when it did he blew the paint off my doors lol,
Ahhh... Forget that, friends or no. No way I would keep giving him his races so he can blow your doors off... That just me though.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder how many people will watch this video with there head tilted to the keft side?

Nice death!
Old 06-18-2010, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by odarabla
I wonder how many people will watch this video with there head tilted to the keft side?

Nice death!
Probably none will watch it tilted to the keft side, maybe a few to the left.

I am on my laptop so I just turned it sideways.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Launching!

haha probably alot lol including me haha i wish it would of came out str8,

Ahhh... Forget that, friends or no. No way I would keep giving him his races so he can blow your doors off... That just me though.
Im not giving him his races ne more, i knew he was going to rape me i just wanted to see what it was going to be like, believe u me he is still talking **** and i am playing so careless about it, i am going to get an ls6 intake, a nitrous daves plate kit (150 shot) and some mt et street radials and tune here in the next month or so and not tell him what i done to my car and go wax his ***.

He done been blowing my phone up texting **** about ls1's and cobra's blah blah blah. we did a few roll races before with my last car and it wasnt pretty for him, needless to say i didnt hear from him for about a month
Old 06-18-2010, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

haha probably alot lol including me haha i wish it would of came out str8,

Im not giving him his races ne more, i knew he was going to rape me i just wanted to see what it was going to be like, believe u me he is still talking **** and i am playing so careless about it, i am going to get an ls6 intake, a nitrous daves plate kit (150 shot) and some mt et street radials and tune here in the next month or so and not tell him what i done to my car and go wax his ***.

He done been blowing my phone up texting **** about ls1's and cobra's blah blah blah. we did a few roll races before with my last car and it wasnt pretty for him, needless to say i didnt hear from him for about a month
With the shot you would take him from a roll with your current setup, or should.

Let him keep talking his ****.. He will run into a H/C sprayed fbody one day. He will not like that AT ALL!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

you got raped pretty bad!! That termie seems to be a strong runner!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

pulley and bolt on cobras trap high teens so your stalled auto is at a huge disadvantage from a roll with your mods. With the spray is should be a different story though. Just remember hes only 800 bucks away from a ported blower which will walk away from you even on spray. Let the mod battle begin.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by itsslow98
pulley and bolt on cobras trap high teens so your stalled auto is at a huge disadvantage from a roll with your mods. With the spray is should be a different story though. Just remember hes only 800 bucks away from a ported blower which will walk away from you even on spray. Let the mod battle begin.
Why would it walk away from him even on spray? If he is set up correctly he should be around 480Rwhp or so. With a ported blower average numbers are around 515Rwhp.. Not a HUGE difference. The Cobra will have to make 60+Rwhp over the OP to beat him.
Op would be around 450-460Rwhp with a 150 hit (I would do the 175 for him). It will make for a VERY interesting race. It would all depend on the hit I believe.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
Why would it walk away from him even on spray? If he is set up correctly he should be around 480Rwhp or so. With a ported blower average numbers are around 515Rwhp.. Not a HUGE difference. The Cobra will have to make 60+Rwhp over the OP to beat him.
Op would be around 450-460Rwhp with a 150 hit (I would do the 175 for him). It will make for a VERY interesting race. It would all depend on the hit I believe.
well i really meant if he keeps giving the OP his roll races. It would be a good race but i definetly give the edge to the cobra from a roll. From a dig he the cobra wont come close to the OP.

So to be fair do a dig and a roll race.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by itsslow98
well i really meant if he keeps giving the OP his roll races. It would be a good race but i definetly give the edge to the cobra from a roll. From a dig he the cobra wont come close to the OP.

So to be fair do a dig and a roll race.
Ahhh. I would still like to see a roll on a 175 hit.. I think it would be pretty evenly matched.

Yes, from a dig it would be ugly.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:44 PM
Launching!

From a stand still he beat a cam only stalled/150 shot z28, the z28 runs 10.84 at the local track with bigs & littles, i know anything can happen on the street, the z28 was coming for him pretty quick and the cobra driver let off, the z28 was on regular street tires that day and spun, at the track it would be a different story tho, The Cobra driver can drive his *** off from a stand still i cant take that away from him, he kinda of walks it out and when he is rolling he nails it and it works everytime.

I think with good traction and a 150 hit, that should be enuff to get him from a stand still, i dont think i want to see him from a roll tho even with the spray,
Old 06-18-2010, 10:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

From a stand still he beat a cam only stalled/150 shot z28, the z28 runs 10.84 at the local track with bigs & littles, i know anything can happen on the street, the z28 was coming for him pretty quick and the cobra driver let off, the z28 was on regular street tires that day and spun, at the track it would be a different story tho, The Cobra driver can drive his *** off from a stand still i cant take that away from him, he kinda of walks it out and when he is rolling he nails it and it works everytime.

I think with good traction and a 150 hit, that should be enuff to get him from a stand still, i dont think i want to see him from a roll tho even with the spray,
It means nothing if he beat that car with it on street tires. That car would have been faster without the spray. With traction in both that would have been nasty.

Why would you not want to do a roll with a 150 hit? You would only be down by 80Rwhp.. Put the 175 in and run them from a 50, would only be down 55Rwhp.. Make sure you hit it the same time he does. Should make for a VERY interesting race.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:55 PM
Launching!

His car is quick man, i dont want to say its ported but i know its pullied, i dont know nor does he what all is done to it, he bought it at an auction, he said it was a dyno sheet from some place called psi motorsports or something with 500 plus horsepower when he got it, but im yet to see the dyno sheet, that cobra is no joke tho i give him his props its a beast for unknown mods.

I beat him several times tho from a roll in my last cam only 150 shot z28, i cant remember but i think my last car but down 538/588 on spray
Old 06-18-2010, 10:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

If it does over 500Rwhp, it is ported.

Quick Reply: ss 3600 bolt on ls1 vs pulley cobra (vid)