Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Racing tips

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 07:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racing tips

Dont know if this is the best place to ask this but what is the best way to launch my z28 camaro auto 5.7L i got an ls4 intake, CAI, 4:10 gears?

should I just slam the gas on the light or rev it to a certain rpm?
Old 12-16-2011, 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

I'm guessing you mean ls6 intake.Go down to the first gear.Foot on the brake rev to 2000 and let out slowly at first so you don't burn out all over the place if you got sticky tires go higher into your rpm's and let out.Experiment and keep it safe,meaning don't practice in your neighborhood or down the street in front of the elementary school!These cars can go in a direction you weren't intending before you know it!Take your time getting used to the power these car's make!Don't start in drive ,manually shift up from first gear.Some might say that's bad but that's what my freinds with the auto's do.If you just slam on the gas you will just sit there burning out.Hope this help's.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:04 PM
Banned

.....Realy?????
Old 12-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by xFLG KING PIN
.....Realy?????
Yeah really, I recently just got this sport car. I used to just have motorcycles so racing the racing is different. just asking a question if you have anything negative just don't post.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:24 PM
Teching In

wow...
Old 12-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Launching!

I'd leave it in drive, try and rev it up about 2500-3000 and then let off the brake and floor it lol, pretty simple. If you spin real bad then try and launch a little softer and keep trying until you can find that happy medium. I would try to move this thread into the newbie section though.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Teching In

I just try not to spin and get out the hole is fast as I can....LOL
Old 12-16-2011, 09:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

They're all wrong..
what you wanna do is actually start in reverse and then gun it! Then after a good 20 yards quickly but firmly spin the wheel all the way around and then your car should be now facing either sideways or fowards. (Auto correct to make straight) and you'll be good to go! They practice this move on faf alot to lol
never lost one race yet using this method...
Old 12-16-2011, 10:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

.... real answer? since your stock stall is garbage and will not let your car rev up, the best way to take off hard from a stop depends on traction: good to great tires you can do the converter flash from idle (quick punch from idle will make the converter 'flash' a couple hundred rpms higher then it would under a steady state pull). If you can't do that without spinning too much, then foot brake it up with just less then the amount of throttle it takes to spin the tires: like said above, launch with your throttle at the same spot and do not roll in any farther until you've rolled out at least a few feet so as not to overload the tires.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 88blackiroc
They're all wrong..
what you wanna do is actually start in reverse and then gun it! Then after a good 20 yards quickly but firmly spin the wheel all the way around and then your car should be now facing either sideways or fowards. (Auto correct to make straight) and you'll be good to go! They practice this move on faf alot to lol
never lost one race yet using this method...
this and you know that donut spare tire that came with the car? get four of em and put em on then do this. you will not only look badass but you will win everytime. id put down pink slips if i were you

Quick Reply: Racing tips