h/c only ls2 c6 vs bike then turbo civic - LS1TECH

Go Back   LS1TECH > RACING DEPARTMENT > Street Racing & Kill Stories
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search


Street Racing & Kill Stories
Basic Technical Questions & Advice

h/c only ls2 c6 vs bike then turbo civic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
TECH Apprentice
 
Imstock2's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 6
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 346
Default h/c only ls2 c6 vs bike then turbo civic

I came up to a light with my friend in the car with me, out of no where a bike pulls up revving his engine and looks at me and nods his head.. I nod back. Light turned green and I launched at 2k rpms instalny a car ahead of him and We ran to 110 but he couldn't inclose on me from that car length.. The bike looked like a 04+r6. after the short sprint he drove by with a thumbs up and pulled off the highway. I stayed on the highway cruizing with the top off and far up ahead I see a white civic with cf trunk appeared to have dang near stop.. He was waiting for me. He pulls up next to me brake boosting... sounded great and took off... I destroyed him...he catchs up again so I figured... eh mybe he miss shifted or because his window is down. He brake boosts again but this time I let him get about 2-3 lengths infront of me and then hit it... from a 65mph roll I passed him mid 3rd gear... about 100ish mph and after I shifted to forth there was no need to go any faster... after that he just kept going.. I useally don't make that rookie mistake about civics.. but he had his stuff looking a lot faster then what it was. I'm guessing it was a stock motor with a decent turbo pushing only about 8-10psi with a big intercooler to act like that.... Or it could of been he had so much power he just spun the entire time? Keep in mind my car still needs to be dyno tuned. I'm not saying it's the fastest car ever and could beat any bike.. truth is it's the rider not the bike that makes them fast
__________________
Got MAN pedal??

Last edited by Imstock2; 03-17-2012 at 03:00 PM..
Imstock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:58 PM   #2
10 Second Club
 
djfury05's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 30
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Beaufort, SC
Posts: 3,433
Default

ur car is slow.. that is all
__________________
07' Procharged C6Z
djfury05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #3
TECH Apprentice
 
Imstock2's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 6
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 346
Default

I know my car isn't fast yet... I still need to add a power adder of some sort... and I still have stock bottom end... We since she is my baby I'm going to bottle feed her like it's cool...
__________________
Got MAN pedal??
Imstock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:18 AM   #4
TECH Regular
 
1badeagle's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 9
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfury05 View Post
ur car is slow.. that is all
__________________
Another carbed 305+65
1badeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:45 AM   #5
Staging Lane
 
snake95's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Baden, IL
Posts: 53
Default

See sig.
__________________
Sean
1986 Light Regatta Blue Mustang GT 5.0 5sp. - scared big hammer's 305 into a 350

snake95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
TECH Apprentice
 
Imstock2's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 6
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 346
Default

haters... welp I should of known better to not post up kills without videos...
__________________
Got MAN pedal??
Imstock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:24 AM   #7
TECH Apprentice
 
Imstock2's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 6
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 346
Default

I beat a stock 06 c6z tonight....Only thing he has done was a short shifter. Both rolls was in his favor... a 45mph and then the second one he left at 38.. I was in 2nd and he was in 1st.... Got about 2 half on him by about 130+ish on both runs... Keep in mind my car is untuned,winter tires, and has a fualty cam sensor.. The guy driving the z06 can bang gears. The z06 did have a passanger and mine didn't but z06's a heck lot lighter then the c6 z51 Any guess's what kind of power I might be putting down? O and tommorow I will be racing a supercharged goat.. Has a maggie but only has 500rwhp and he will be having m/t on it.. I will be having the shitto's on for this race. His car has went 11.5's
__________________
Got MAN pedal??
Imstock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:30 AM   #8
TECH Fanatic
 
ls1 1990 VN's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Auckland, Nth Is, New Zealand.
Posts: 1,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imstock2 View Post
I beat a stock 06 c6z tonight....Only thing he has done was a short shifter. Both rolls was in his favor... a 45mph and then the second one he left at 38.. I was in 2nd and he was in 1st.... Got about 2 half on him by about 130+ish on both runs... Keep in mind my car is untuned,winter tires, and has a fualty cam sensor.. The guy driving the z06 can bang gears. The z06 did have a passanger and mine didn't but z06's a heck lot lighter then the c6 z51 Any guess's what kind of power I might be putting down? O and tommorow I will be racing a supercharged goat.. Has a maggie but only has 500rwhp and he will be having m/t on it.. I will be having the shitto's on for this race. His car has went 11.5's
Vids tomorrow of the S/Ch Goat running only 500rwhp beating on your Vette or it didn't happen.
__________________
90 Holden. C5 LS1,T56,4.10s, 330mm fr rotors wilwood 4 spot calipers,1 7/8" headers,3.5" exh, Firecore 50.TSP 5.3 stg 2.5 heads,BTR 660 Springs, Comp Trunions,hrdnd p/rods,LS7 Caddy Lifters,Tick sns stg 3 cam,Cloyes Hex a just timing gears,C5R chain & LS2 Damper,Xtreme puck clutch.Fast 102,NW 102.Delphy 42's,Walbro 255. Mahle 3.908 pistons,Scat rods,.ARP 2000 bolts, 3 qrt Accusump ATI Damper.MGW.30mm fr sway bar,noltec,king sp low,koni adj shocks,Link G2 ecu. caster camber kit,adj rear panhard,
ls1 1990 VN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:18 AM   #9
10 Second Club
 
djfury05's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 30
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Beaufort, SC
Posts: 3,433
Default

The maggie goat is slow I beat him when I was cam only ls1 and there are vids.. a faulty cam sensor will not change anything
__________________
07' Procharged C6Z
djfury05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #10
On The Tree
 
lilmiller74's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Grove City, Oh
Posts: 195
Default

Where do you get your weight info? All of the vettes generally weigh from 3100-3200 with no passengers. And a stock zo6 usually makes around 440-460 wheel.
lilmiller74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #11
TECH Regular
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 460
Default

my Z06 weighed 3160 full tank of gas with the 1LZ Package 06
__________________
ZR1- Pullied
AWDTBSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #12
TECH Apprentice
 
Imstock2's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 6
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 346
Default

I stand corrected... The c6z was apperently a half car- my rear bumper. Behind me but I don't understand if he was that close then why did he let off before mid forth...Limiter the c6z weigh in at 3130.. 05 z51 weigh in 3245... These are both base LT weigh in. I pulled from corvette museum for the z06 and wikipidea for the z51. If you can show me other wise please do so.. A bad crank position sensor can worsen the way the engine idles, the pistons fire, or the acceleration behavior. If the engine is revved up with a bad or faulty sensor, it may cause misfiring, motor vibration or backfires. Accelerating might be hesitant, and abnormal shaking during engine idle might occur. In the worst case the car may not start..
__________________
Got MAN pedal??
Imstock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #13
TECH Apprentice
 
Imstock2's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 6
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 346
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDTBSS View Post
my Z06 weighed 3160 full tank of gas with the 1LZ Package 06
we both have the Lt3 packages..
__________________
Got MAN pedal??
Imstock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #14
10 Second Club
 
djfury05's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 30
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Beaufort, SC
Posts: 3,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imstock2 View Post
I stand corrected... The c6z was apperently a half car- my rear bumper. Behind me but I don't understand if he was that close then why did he let off before mid forth...Limiter the c6z weigh in at 3130.. 05 z51 weigh in 3245... These are both base LT weigh in. I pulled from corvette museum for the z06 and wikipidea for the z51. If you can show me other wise please do so.. A bad crank position sensor can worsen the way the engine idles, the pistons fire, or the acceleration behavior. If the engine is revved up with a bad or faulty sensor, it may cause misfiring, motor vibration or backfires. Accelerating might be hesitant, and abnormal shaking during engine idle might occur. In the worst case the car may not start..
You said faulty cam sensor not crank pos sensor.. pick one.. I know the owner and driver of the Z06 and I would go by his word that you were 1/2 car ahead. I have raced him many many times and he never tried to bullshit any of the results. No point in racing to 180. You want to race to 180 go find the viper douche that hangs out at BP.
__________________
07' Procharged C6Z
djfury05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:19 AM   #15
TECH Regular
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 460
Default

Z06 is gonna be lighter either way
__________________
ZR1- Pullied
AWDTBSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #16
TECH Apprentice
 
Imstock2's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 6
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 346
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfury05 View Post
You said faulty cam sensor not crank pos sensor.. pick one.. I know the owner and driver of the Z06 and I would go by his word that you were 1/2 car ahead. I have raced him many many times and he never tried to bullshit any of the results. No point in racing to 180. You want to race to 180 go find the viper douche that hangs out at BP.
He is a good guy no doubt and I guessed I should of payed more attention to him while I was driving..? He said 1/2 car I'll take his word on it. That viper would rape me being untuned.
__________________
Got MAN pedal??
Imstock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #17
10 Second Club
 
djfury05's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 30
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Beaufort, SC
Posts: 3,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imstock2 View Post
He is a good guy no doubt and I guessed I should of payed more attention to him while I was driving..? He said 1/2 car I'll take his word on it. That viper would rape me being untuned.
No he's really not that fast. Cam only I was even with him til about 115-120. After about 130-140 though you can say goodbye.
__________________
07' Procharged C6Z
djfury05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #18
Registered User
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 0
Default

The fact that I had to register just to respond to this kind of sucks.

I was driving the Z06, just so the record is clear. It is my brother's stock Z06 (he was in the passenger seat). And yes, I can bang gears...in an Evo. I like that people have confidence in me, but guess what, this is the 2nd time I've raced this car. It's technically the 1st time, as my original 1st time I let out at the beginning of 2nd because the guy was racing into a turn.

I've been driving Evos for years, so I know that car well. This is both mine and my brother's first times racing in a RWD, V8 car. It's a learning experience for us both. The car literally got usable tires about 3-4 weeks ago as the factory runflats were pretty much effed when he bought the car. You could not go WOT in 1st or 2nd gear without the car spinning and shifting around in the lanes. The car spends 95% of it's life in my garage and usually only gets driven on nice days.

So lets add up a tale of the tape because apparently the entire planet needs to hear about this very small victory you had:

1. I'm no pro driver. I don't claim to be and will absolutely admit that it's entirely possible my brother can drive this car better than me. It's his car and he has more seat time. Get me into an Evo, and yeah, I know exactly what I'm doing. How often do you drive your car??

2. This car is stock. A short shifter only helps so much if the guy driving it isn't used to it. Regardless of what people like to say on the street, nothing trumps experience. Even pro drivers need a little bit of seat time behind a car they have never driven before (especially on a driveline that they are infamiliar with) before they are consistent with it.

3. Does your car trap over 130mph? Good, neither does mine. I see no need to take any race into crazy high speeds. I can't help that you stayed in the race when I clearly let off at the end of 3rd gear. We didn't discuss what speed we were ending at, but I ended it when there should be an ending. We can max our cars out if you would like, and in the long run, the Z has a higher top speed. Who would win then?

4. You did give us the speed we wanted. We wanted that speed because racing from a 55mph roll is for SRT4's and people making well over 600whp. Me starting in 1st is only a benefit IF I can change gears fast enough. With my lack of experience in the car, 2nd actually may have made more sense. If someone power shifts, or has a very quick throw, then yes, me starting in 1st is a great advantage. In the case of this race I think it hurt more than it helped.

5. I said you won. In that little group, on that side road. We met up, I said you won, gave my tale of how it went...BAM, that's it. Posting up your story for all of those who will hear you not only makes you look sort of needy for attention, but it's exactly why **** gets started. I've not bragged once ever about any street race I've had. I ran DJFury a while back and they were good runs. I won a couple and he won a couple. And that was it. I never told a single person about the race unless they asked. Everyone talking crap about the races weren't even involved in the races themselves. You're adding to that kind of BS man, and you gotta relax about it. If you lost a race, do you want the winner blowing up the planet with his victory over you?

In the end, we are driving mildly quick cars that are nothing in comparison to some of the horsepower roaming the streets here. Take this race with a grain of salt, earn some respect from your fellow cars guys and just race for fun and not to brag.
Slow4Door is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #19
TECH Apprentice
 
Imstock2's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 6
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 346
Default

If he is somewhat of a good driver it's hard to beat a srt10 viper from a roll. Idk I might run him... But I really don't want to keep pushing the car having only a start up tune.. If you ever meet me you know I never talk **** about anyones build.. there will always be a faster car ; ).. I just like to hold my own
__________________
Got MAN pedal??
Imstock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #20
TECH Apprentice
 
Imstock2's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 6
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 346
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4Door View Post
The fact that I had to register just to respond to this kind of sucks.

I was driving the Z06, just so the record is clear. It is my brother's stock Z06 (he was in the passenger seat). And yes, I can bang gears...in an Evo. I like that people have confidence in me, but guess what, this is the 2nd time I've raced this car. It's technically the 1st time, as my original 1st time I let out at the beginning of 2nd because the guy was racing into a turn.

I've been driving Evos for years, so I know that car well. This is both mine and my brother's first times racing in a RWD, V8 car. It's a learning experience for us both. The car literally got usable tires about 3-4 weeks ago as the factory runflats were pretty much effed when he bought the car. You could not go WOT in 1st or 2nd gear without the car spinning and shifting around in the lanes. The car spends 95% of it's life in my garage and usually only gets driven on nice days.

So lets add up a tale of the tape because apparently the entire planet needs to hear about this very small victory you had:

1. I'm no pro driver. I don't claim to be and will absolutely admit that it's entirely possible my brother can drive this car better than me. It's his car and he has more seat time. Get me into an Evo, and yeah, I know exactly what I'm doing. How often do you drive your car??

2. This car is stock. A short shifter only helps so much if the guy driving it isn't used to it. Regardless of what people like to say on the street, nothing trumps experience. Even pro drivers need a little bit of seat time behind a car they have never driven before (especially on a driveline that they are infamiliar with) before they are consistent with it.

3. Does your car trap over 130mph? Good, neither does mine. I see no need to take any race into crazy high speeds. I can't help that you stayed in the race when I clearly let off at the end of 3rd gear. We didn't discuss what speed we were ending at, but I ended it when there should be an ending. We can max our cars out if you would like, and in the long run, the Z has a higher top speed. Who would win then?

4. You did give us the speed we wanted. We wanted that speed because racing from a 55mph roll is for SRT4's and people making well over 600whp. Me starting in 1st is only a benefit IF I can change gears fast enough. With my lack of experience in the car, 2nd actually may have made more sense. If someone power shifts, or has a very quick throw, then yes, me starting in 1st is a great advantage. In the case of this race I think it hurt more than it helped.

5. I said you won. In that little group, on that side road. We met up, I said you won, gave my tale of how it went...BAM, that's it. Posting up your story for all of those who will hear you not only makes you look sort of needy for attention, but it's exactly why **** gets started. I've not bragged once ever about any street race I've had. I ran DJFury a while back and they were good runs. I won a couple and he won a couple. And that was it. I never told a single person about the race unless they asked. Everyone talking crap about the races weren't even involved in the races themselves. You're adding to that kind of BS man, and you gotta relax about it. If you lost a race, do you want the winner blowing up the planet with his victory over you?

In the end, we are driving mildly quick cars that are nothing in comparison to some of the horsepower roaming the streets here. Take this race with a grain of salt, earn some respect from your fellow cars guys and just race for fun and not to brag.
I love that c6z it's flawless.. your a great driver no doubt. This was really the first legit race I had since I built my car so yes I want to talk about it.. Like I said, I never even thought once I could beat the c6z being untuned.. I didn't state who owned the car nor did I want to.. I am getting tired of guys saying it's an unhealthy c6z though because I know damn well yal take great care of it. If me talking about beating a c6z offended you then my bad. I have lost and I have posted video's of me losing before. It don't matter to me because I know there are faster car's and there will always be. Either way I not dissapointed with my build anymore.. Dropping a bit of change and risking a lot of **** to only get my car back from rpm running like **** made me want to return it to stock again.. and just buy a bike. You simply gave me hope
__________________
Got MAN pedal??
Imstock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:05 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird




Paid Advertisement
Reply


Tags
1999, c, change, civic, corvette, hc, ls2, money, plugs, powered, spark, strip, trans, vbulletin, ws6


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



Join Ls1Tech

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Service - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - JOBS
Emails & Contact Details