FTMFW too. LOL
Old 01-24-2013, 11:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I'll post it over there cause I give zero *****
Old 01-25-2013, 04:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a well thought out and executed H/C LS...as opposed to builds w/ mismatched H/C + 3.23 gears that get beat by bolt-on 5.0's

What could the Coyote do to run with this Vette without adding a power adder?
Old 01-25-2013, 04:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28
That's a well thought out and executed H/C LS...as opposed to builds w/ mismatched H/C + 3.23 gears that get beat by bolt-on 5.0's

Go on the most extreme Jenny Craig diet ever.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

And if the vette went on a diet as well? Lighter seats, Battery, drag pack, open headers,cf hood, I guess he could keep everything else
Old 01-25-2013, 07:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28

From the looks of that *** whoopin ....nothing short of a full build.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

in the 5.0s defense... we are comparing a built vette to a 5.0 with an exhaust on it. Lets be fair here. Lighter car with 100whp more... Heres what it would take to make that a race:

Heads
Cams
Boss intake/Cobra Jet intake
Lightened drive train with 4.10s
Make it rev 8k+
Race wheels/tires
-300lbs of body fat with suspension that makes it use the power

All of that setup right will make it a race.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:12 AM
Teching In

Agreed that this 5.0 didnt have a chance.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evangto87
in the 5.0s defense... we are comparing a built vette to a 5.0 with an exhaust on it. Lets be fair here. Lighter car with 100whp more... Heres what it would take to make that a race:

Heads
Cams
Make it rev 8k+
Race wheels/tires

How would you pull off the bold part?
Old 01-25-2013, 08:50 AM
TECH Regular

How does the 5.0 basically just exhaust? It has a boss intake, cai, and tune as well......
Old 01-25-2013, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by odthetruth
How would you pull off the bold part?
Thats very easy. My car is down 200lbs and still dropping weight as i mod it. I have another 120lbs to come off this car as well. Thats still with everything the car came with. Only things i removed that i didnt replace anything with were the washer fluid resevoir (its a dry weather summer car only, it would never need this) and the strut tower brace. Everything else is just replaced. On the other side of things, this form of weight reduction is not cheap....but is necessary if you want to compete. I refuse to lower a cars weight by just removing/gutting things. Id rather spend another 5k and the car be a light weight full enterior/trunk/engine bay setup. My car will weigh right around 3200lbs before i get in it (160lbs) and still have heat/ac/front sway bar/ etc. You can always argue that the vette can drop weight too... however they are not nearly as easy to drop the weight....but they dont need to.
Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
How does the 5.0 basically just exhaust? It has a boss intake, cai, and tune as well......
Didnt know it had a boss intake. And a tune comes with the territory.. come on now. We are still talking bolt on car VS built car no matter which way you swing it.

Heavier car with stock 5.0 motor < lighter car with built 6.0 motor

^common sense. Like i said in my original post, i didnt even need to watch the video to know how bad it would be.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ajrothm
I seriously doubt that Z06 is running 10.0s... Granted the car runs phenomenal and he drives the **** out of it, but I doubt its 10.00s... Probably more like 10.50-10.60@130... Probably high 1.5x to low 1.60 60's.

This was **** rape on the 5.0... Not that I'm suprised tho... The Z06 is well setup and a good driver, lighter car with way more power. No mystery here.

Where's the Z06 at in the vid? I must have missed it.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:02 AM
On The Tree

Good stuff Mr Evan. Could you go into a bit more detail as far the weight-redux mods you did and how much weight you lost with each one if its not too much trouble? Also, I think I remember reading about a 500+ hp N/A pump gas Coyote not too long ago? Being realistic, how much power could you make with a *****-to-the-wall full tilt pump gas N/A 5.0? Do you think you could get much over 500 at the flywheel Mr Evan?

Just wondering.

Awesome Corvette btw, gotta love that sound coming from such a good looking car.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:02 AM
TECH Regular

Just making sure u weren't trying to make this car out to be basically stock lol when its really full bolt ons/tuned.

It raced a car completely out of its league and got raped
Old 01-25-2013, 10:18 AM
11 Second Club

Close runs thanks for sharing the great video
Keep'em coming.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cammed 02

Where's the Z06 at in the vid? I must have missed it.
OK... We all know I was talking about Toxic's C6. Semantics...

The atomic orange C6, LS2, H/C/I/M6 with 500rwhp and a great driver and just prison raped the 5.0 in the video.

Did you miss that?
Old 01-25-2013, 11:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ajrothm
OK... We all know I was talking about Toxic's C6. Semantics...

The atomic orange C6, LS2, H/C/I/M6 with 500rwhp and a great driver and just prison raped the 5.0 in the video.

Did you miss that?
No, but you obviously did.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Heads
Cams
Make it rev 8k+
Race wheels/tires

So now you want to compare a full build to a relativity simple but proper h/c ls2? ??? come on man Do the same weight reduction to the vette and with full bolt-ons it would still walk the 5.0.

Damn ford guys....when they have the weight advantage you never hear **** about weight.....when they don't they whine.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Im starting to see the 5.0 over hype now. 120mph trap with intake/tune?? Come on now.
Oh yeah, all new 5.0's trap 120mph with only an intake and tune, happens everywhere all the time Evan. DA and conditions do not matter. Lmao...

What a kill Toxic C6
Old 01-25-2013, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jbhotrod
Good stuff Mr Evan. Could you go into a bit more detail as far the weight-redux mods you did and how much weight you lost with each one if its not too much trouble? Also, I think I remember reading about a 500+ hp N/A pump gas Coyote not too long ago? Being realistic, how much power could you make with a *****-to-the-wall full tilt pump gas N/A 5.0? Do you think you could get much over 500 at the flywheel Mr Evan?

Just wondering.

Awesome Corvette btw, gotta love that sound coming from such a good looking car.
Original Weight: 3550lbs

Remove Strut Tower Brace: - 8lbs
Remove Washer Resevoir: - 8lbs
Replace rear control arms and pan hard bar: - 7 lbs
Exhaust: - 60lbs
Front End Pieces: - 20lbs
Radiator Support: - 10lbs
Front Bumper support: - 10lbs
Sway Bars/shocks: - 5 lbs
Control Arms: - 12lbs
Driveshaft: - 25lbs
K Member: - 20lbs
Battery: - 15lbs

Final Weight: 3350 lbs

Longtubes/catless x pipe: -10lbs
Wheels: - 95lbs
Clutch/Flywheel - 10lbs

Total weight: 3235 lbs

Thats copy and pasted from my comp. Weighed everything stock and aftermarket.

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
So now you want to compare a full build to a relativity simple but proper h/c ls2? ??? come on man Do the same weight reduction to the vette and with full bolt-ons it would still walk the 5.0.

Damn ford guys....when they have the weight advantage you never hear **** about weight.....when they don't they whine.
Whose whining? lol. Sounds to me like that ^ is a whine. I simply stated what it would take to make those cars a race. Dont be so damn over sensitive. And we all know the parts dont exist for a vette to pull as much weigh out of them as say a 4th gen/ mustang. Atleast not without cutting **** up...which i wont do. Drivetrain work ADDS weight to a vette.

Also, if i took my complete car.. raced a full bolt on ls2 vette and pulled it... would i be discredited because i have in your book a full build, (suspension/drivetrain) which happened to pull a **** ton of weight out of the car and wouldnt have the same effect on a vette, even with a bone stock roadrunner 5.0 motor?? Hell even my intake manifold is bone stock. I think you need to expand your mind a little bit.

And before you discredit my car in said situation... take a long look at your car and realize it would be very hypocritical to do so consider your car is what Im going for, but to a whole other extreme.

You have a fast car... i credit you for that... i also credit you for doing it with stock bottom end/heads/cam ls6.. but please do not play it off like you have nothing done to it to go that fast. If i have a "full build"..so do you, and then some.

Im not looking to argue... neither of the cars in this video are mine. And you shouldnt take it so personally either. I was just pointing out what it would take to make it a race. A vette is the best platform to start with...period. Yes the mustang will need more work to keep up.... its a heavier car with a smaller motor....no ****. Again, im not arguing nor really in a debating mood. I even stated earlier the 5.0 is too hyped up. But you cant take away that in the end, its still a bolt on 5.0 doing a large amount of damage in the street racing scene.

Quick Reply: Toxic c6 vs 2011 5.0