Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Damn ricers

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 03:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Damn ricers

This is the most amazing kill ever. Ok not really but I found it amusing, and not because of the kill. Oh and the guy I raced isn't the ricer..

Having to work today I finally left and thought I would surprise my son and wife at Chickfila. Turns out they had already left but I saw 3 Nissans sitting in the parking lot. Of course I cruised by them as they all gave me the eye. Well I left and they went out the other exit. So I followed...

They were going completely the opposite way on the interstate so I went the other way towards home. Turns out they chased after me. "Ok cool I thought!"

Well the one that decided to come after me was the 240 with a big front mount taking up the whole opening on his front bumper. As we get onto the interstate he come along side me and we are going 65mph. I tried my best to get down to 40mph so I could grab some of 2nd gear but traffic wouldn't allow it. He punched it so I said the hell with it and did the same. He jumped ahead since I was in a low spot in 3rd (we kicked it from 50-55). I started coming back and when he shifted he fell back some and I shifted and fell back none but kept inching ahead. I ended up about 1/2 a car ahead by 100-110mph. Cool I thought!

I let out because I was coming on a car and was pretty much out of gear. He kept going and at the same time his buddy in the slammed/cambered out 350z with the Gopro mount on the side came flying by after a while and gave me a thumbs down. At this point I made up my mind that him and I WERE going to run. They were cruising pretty fast and I was around 3,000rpms in 5th gear but I kept with them knowing at some point they were going to get off an exit and that would be my time. At one point the 350z dropped 2 gears and floored it. I floored it in 5th gear and kept up. Getting off the exit they all pull over. I come along the 350z and roll down my window to see a 16 year old driving. Conversation goes about like this...

Me: You and me...lets go
Him: Nah man, you'd pull me
Me: So what was with the thumbs down?
Him: Cause a little tuner just got you!
Me: Looked like I pulled him. But lets you and me go. I'll give you the jump. Do you need a car length too?
Him: Nah, I'd run you if I had my 240
Me: Go get it. We will go from a dig and you go home and get what you need.

At this point the driver of the 240 I ran came up and I knew him from back when I used to street race regularly. So once the 350z owner saw his idol knew me he changed his tune. 240 owner didn't seem happy when I told him I was just bolt ons. I wish we coulda done a good 1st or 2nd gear run. Oh well a kill is a kill I guess. 240 guy was cool as always in the past. Man I miss this stuff. Getting old sucks
Old 03-01-2014, 03:40 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Firsties!!!!! And yes, getting old does suck. Good run though and it's always funny when some **** changes their tune in different situations.
Old 03-01-2014, 03:41 PM
11 Second Club

Old 03-01-2014, 03:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yea its a long thread for a bunch of nothing. But what can I say, I type fast.

In fact I can do alot of things fast

Old 03-01-2014, 03:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 346 Likes on 238 Posts

Excellent story, I love when ricers give chase then get absolutely murdered and tuck there tail between there legs cause they just got embarrassed in front of there girlfriend, haha, they never learn
Old 03-01-2014, 03:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Yea its a long thread for a bunch of nothing. But what can I say, I type fast.

In fact I can do alot of things fast

I just find the "thumbs down" part funny. When I was in high school kids would do that all the time. I also have a buddy with a 350Z that still does it. Smh it must be part of the douchebaggery that comes with owning those cars.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I had a guy drive by me all normal in Honda or something can't remember, we were both doing the speed limit, I didn't even really notice him. Then all of a sudden he floores his car for about 5 seconds, lets off and throws his flashers on claiming victory. I just shook my head and went on my way, sometimes it's not even worth it.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:08 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

I throw my flashers on as I pass them, to claim victory. While driving normally. Lol
Old 03-01-2014, 05:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BrntWS6
I had a guy drive by me all normal in Honda or something can't remember, we were both doing the speed limit, I didn't even really notice him. Then all of a sudden he floores his car for about 5 seconds, lets off and throws his flashers on claiming victory. I just shook my head and went on my way, sometimes it's not even worth it.
Sucks for you, you lost bro.

Originally Posted by audacious nick
I throw my flashers on as I pass them, to claim victory. While driving normally. Lol
Lo. I do the same thing. The look on people's faces is priceless.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1rob00
Sucks for you, you lost bro.

I'm sure he was calling all his friends to let them know as well.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:51 PM

what car do you have a MACH 1? 240 must have been a stock sr20 on 17ish psi
Old 03-04-2014, 06:53 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

You tell him, Honda bro
Old 03-04-2014, 07:08 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Probably an SR20 car, they do pretty good until around 400 whp and then they get gay. A well setup can surprise people though.

Quick Reply: Damn ricers