Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My LT-1 vs. Civic-kinda long

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 11:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My LT-1 vs. Civic-kinda long

This happened a few months ago but i though that you guys would like to know about this one because to this day i still laugh at this story. I was with my girlfriend, and we were coming back from a resturant headed home. I saw that the gas was low so i stop at a gas station, and i see a ricer civic decked out with the usually stuff...you know, with the can and the stickers.

He had an Apex'i banner going across the windshield also. I didnt pay him any attetion until as i was putting the nozzel into the tank i could hear him and his friend snickering at the pump across from me. Then he comes out and asked what i had under the hood. I think he was laughing because i was driving my girlfriends 99' dodge dakota V6. So i told him, that i was nothing for his fast civic to worry about.

I could see that he thought the act of me driving this truck was a joke to him and i asked him what the gauges were for in his car and he said for "performance Reasons". This really ticked me off so i asked this guy (who by the way looked like he just got his drivers license 30 seconds ago) how long he was gonna be in the area. He told me he was just cruisin around and he lived in the area. So i didnt say anything more i just jumped back in the truck and i drove off.

I told my girlfriend that i wanted to go back to her house to get my car. When she asked why, i said "I gotta go take out some trash" I get my car we go back and what do i see, my favorite civic buddy, this time he has some girl in his car and i think to myself "hell yeah im gonna walk him in front of his girl". So long story short we get a stop ligh and on green i launch and the guy never had i chance. I beat him by a train which is an understatement. He pulls next to me at the next ligh and says "holy sh*t , what do you have done to that thing" i told him, then i asked him about his guages again and he said that he was joking earlier and that they were only for looks. Afterwards my girl asked "is that the trash you had to take out" Some of these ricer guys are just so clueless.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

lol good story waito beat on that sushi box
Thats what i call taking out the trash in style
Old 01-12-2005, 11:25 AM
12 Second Club

Taking out the trash can be fun huh?
Old 01-12-2005, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by METALBEAST
Taking out the trash can be fun huh?
Yeah it was made sweeter by the fact that the guy was trying to show off for the girl and he got his lunch handed to him
Old 01-12-2005, 11:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by lt1maro
This happened a few months ago but i though that you guys would like to know about this one because to this day i still laugh at this story. I was with my girlfriend, and we were coming back from a resturant headed home. I saw that the gas was low so i stop at a gas station, and i see a ricer civic decked out with the usually stuff...you know, with the can and the stickers.

He had an Apex'i banner going across the windshield also. I didnt pay him any attetion until as i was putting the nozzel into the tank i could hear him and his friend snickering at the pump across from me. Then he comes out and asked what i had under the hood. I think he was laughing because i was driving my girlfriends 99' dodge dakota V6. So i told him, that i was nothing for his fast civic to worry about.

I could see that he thought the act of me driving this truck was a joke to him and i asked him what the gauges were for in his car and he said for "performance Reasons". This really ticked me off so i asked this guy (who by the way looked like he just got his drivers license 30 seconds ago) how long he was gonna be in the area. He told me he was just cruisin around and he lived in the area. So i didnt say anything more i just jumped back in the truck and i drove off.

I told my girlfriend that i wanted to go back to her house to get my car. When she asked why, i said "I gotta go take out some trash" I get my car we go back and what do i see, my favorite civic buddy, this time he has some girl in his car and i think to myself "hell yeah im gonna walk him in front of his girl". So long story short we get a stop ligh and on green i launch and the guy never had i chance. I beat him by a train which is an understatement. He pulls next to me at the next ligh and says "holy sh*t , what do you have done to that thing" i told him, then i asked him about his guages again and he said that he was joking earlier and that they were only for looks. Afterwards my girl asked "is that the trash you had to take out" Some of these ricer guys are just so clueless.
oh yeah, that's a good story. The guages are for performance reasons. Damn, that's pretty funny. Taking out the trash, now, that's classic!
Old 01-12-2005, 12:10 PM
TECH Resident

hahaha i love this story, taking out the trash, but damm trash smells like ****!
Old 01-13-2005, 12:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Great story, what ya got done to the LT1
Old 01-14-2005, 01:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
Great story, what ya got done to the LT1
I have JBA headers, Slp high flow cat, moroso CAI, Crapmaster exhaust, and 4.10 gears. I also have spohn suspension components. My best time in the car was a 13.34@106 mph