Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

V-6 Silverado vs. V-6 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 09:34 PM
SPAM HUNTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default V-6 Silverado vs. V-6 Mustang

This weekend after cruising for a while me and some friends ended up gathering a few 10 or so people to go racing at a local spot. Of course all the big boys raced first... my buddy beat an 01 Cobra with his 95 Firehawk, then he raced his car against another buddies 98 Formula and lost but that was just good fun...Here is where i come in with my 2005 Silverado V-6 with a 5- Speed, this guy was all upset of how he couldnt race anything cuz he was to slow to keep up in his 95 Mustang V-6 5-Speed, thats when i told him that mine was a V-6...so he was all for the race. We lined up after heating up our tires...i got him off the line by about a fender then spun into second loosing a little bit...i chirped third and well that was it for third....he pulled a little, and well it pretty much an even race, luckly he let off at 95 cuz mine governs at 99...but when i got back everyone was cheering and yelling...everyone was cheering for me because of me having a slow chevy truck and still showing up some ford guys, but i guess its not bad for my first kill.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:40 PM
Teching In

95 v-6 mustang= really slow. Like high 16s slow. Rated at 140 HP I believe. Good kill, and I bet he was a little dishearted.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't wanna be a nay sayer, but you heated up your tires? What for, I'm pretty sure v-6 mustangs do not have LSD or posi, so he would only be heating up one tire. I don't know if your truck has a limited slip or not, even if it does, heating up street tires is stupid and provides no more added traction.

Secondly,you spun into second? Maybe with one wheel, again defeating the purpose of heating up your tires. And you chirped third? So The torque monster of a 6 cylinder barked the tires in third gear, something many GTs and some LS1 owners have trouble doing?

Oh well I won't call BS cause I didn't see it but I'll raise some flags on that story
Old 01-25-2005, 03:52 PM
12 Second Club

My friend's stock rsx type-s chirps 2nd, 3rd, and 4th... it's the shitty, thin tires that make it easy to chirp, not the monstrous power output of the engine.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by baldurann
My friend's stock rsx type-s chirps 2nd, 3rd, and 4th... it's the shitty, thin tires that make it easy to chirp, not the monstrous power output of the engine.
Agreed. I can burn rubber for a whole block and STILL chirp 2nd, 3rd in my 87 IROC (The stock one). Tires are 225/45/16
Old 01-25-2005, 08:38 PM
SPAM HUNTER

well 98birdls1 since you dont believe me... well i burned both of mine...he might have burned one i dont know...but mainly i heat mine cuz it actually helps a little...well it helps me...and second i did spin. Both tires, and third DID chirp...you dont have to believe it, but well i do...because i raced the f-ing guy and i know what happened, and really the only reason i am bragging is because its my first kill in my V-6 TRUCK
Old 01-25-2005, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Chirping is all about clutch engagement. His brand new clutch is grabbing as hard as it ever will right now. In two years, he probably won't be chirping third anymore.

Btw, nice run Silverado. I used to race my 3.4 Camaro M5 whenever I had the chance.
Attached Thumbnails V-6 Silverado vs. V-6 Mustang-gloria.jpg  
Old 01-26-2005, 12:35 AM
Teching In

I can chirp second with my 126.7 RWHP if I try hard enough. But yes, a open diff. in that mustang was more than likely and there was no point of him doing a one wheel wonder cause he shouldnt have any trouble getting traction.

Your truck is probably a diferent story. There is alot less weight on the tires plus I would imagine you have a good bit more torque than that stang does. So heating up your tires didnt do much, but every little bit helps.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Hell, I can spin em in second a bit, and all of first if I wanted.

Decent run though
Old 01-26-2005, 09:19 PM
SPAM HUNTER

My diff is goofy...its like 50/50 somedays it works peg leg...and some days it works posi...or maybe i am in a dirt patch when i start a burnout or well who know...i could go look in all the paperwork but i am not to worried...its just the daily driver. Maybe the 85 will be back and when i get her broke in we can have a whole conversation about her killing some v-8 cars...

Quick Reply: V-6 Silverado vs. V-6 Mustang