Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

OMG..Another 'racing with kid in car' story

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 11:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMG..Another 'racing with kid in car' story

As i'm driving up 82nd a newer Black Prelude pulls next to me in the other lane. It's been raining out (no racing for me) and as i look over i see a middle aged man driving and a 7 or 8 year old sittin in the passenger seat. As they drive by i notice a big *** exhaust tip and i kind of joke around and make the remark " oh i bet he's a racer." Sure enough he slows back down next to me and throws it down a gear and takes off up a BUSY 2 lane highway in the rain WITH THIS KID IN THE CAR and almost hits a car in front of hiM ! Have some people lost their minds? The story isn't even over....he slows back down and gets next to me and starts throwing revs at me! I simply looked over, gave him the and turned off the highway. Whether the driver was a father, uncle, big brother, etc......People as irresponsible as this need to be shot
Old 02-12-2005, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

Isnt it always like that?? its like the ricers all come out in the rain when we are zeros lol...well performance wise

yes i agree dumb ppl like that need to be shot!!
Old 02-13-2005, 12:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thats nothin. I was out on a 4 lane street by the mall, and I come up to a guy I sorta knew at the light. He has a black older style S-10 pickup with a built 383, TH400, exhaust dumped at the pumpkin, and some big fat Mickey T's out back. I talk to him and the light turns green, we roll out and then hit it. Dead even. We come up to the next light and it turns to green when we are coasting about about 5mph. We hit it again and I bang second hard and I'm a half car out front till 70mph, then we shut down. I was thinkin, "Hey, good race, yada, yada....and it was right in front of the parking lot car hangout too. Sweet, I bet everyone got a nice show." So I waved at him when I turned in....and then I see this little hand poke up from the passenger side and wave. He had his little 2 and half year old son buckled into a baby seat in the passenger seat.
Old 02-13-2005, 12:16 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike 01WS6
He had his little 2 and half year old son buckled into a baby seat in the passenger seat.
Craziness....
Old 02-13-2005, 12:39 AM
TECH Resident

I can't believe what I am hearing....Are people so wound up to race that not even kids are safe to ride? That is rediculous!! I believe there is a time and place for everything, but NO time when kids are in the car ever!!
Old 02-13-2005, 01:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember one time when my roommate and I raced his 98 6-speed Camaro against a 6-speed 02 SS. SS dude was with his wife then but wanted to race real bad. We got in a couple of runs up to about 120 mph or so before shutting it down. Cruised down to a church parking lot to shoot the **** with him... asked him if he wanted to go again and he was like, nah I got my little girl with me. I wondered why he was referring to his wife as a little girl until a good look past the half rolled down tinted window revealed a 6 month old strapped into a child seat. Man, I was pissed!! Told the guy to leave his family at home before coming out to race. The sad part though, is that this same guy was killed about a year later in a bike wreck. Dude plowed into the back of a car making a right turn in front of him at like 55 mph. No helmet, never had a chance . People with families need to be more careful - they mean the world to their spouse and kids.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jeep_junkie
I remember one time when my roommate and I raced his 98 6-speed Camaro against a 6-speed 02 SS. SS dude was with his wife then but wanted to race real bad. We got in a couple of runs up to about 120 mph or so before shutting it down. Cruised down to a church parking lot to shoot the **** with him... asked him if he wanted to go again and he was like, nah I got my little girl with me. I wondered why he was referring to his wife as a little girl until a good look past the half rolled down tinted window revealed a 6 month old strapped into a child seat. Man, I was pissed!! Told the guy to leave his family at home before coming out to race. The sad part though, is that this same guy was killed about a year later in a bike wreck. Dude plowed into the back of a car making a right turn in front of him at like 55 mph. No helmet, never had a chance . People with families need to be more careful - they mean the world to their spouse and kids.
Nice story, but lets be legit about our sadness and our emotions and lets also think about the 25 year old wife or does a life mean more when they are younger in age? Dam, Im pissed at these threads of people feeling bad when they race a driver - instageted race by you - with a young kid in the car but find it ok to race a driver who has his girlfriend in the car or his friends.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 98BXR
Nice story, but lets be legit about our sadness and our emotions and lets also think about the 25 year old wife or does a life mean more when they are younger in age? Dam, Im pissed at these threads of people feeling bad when they race a driver - instageted race by you - with a young kid in the car but find it ok to race a driver who has his girlfriend in the car or his friends.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:36 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by 98BXR
agreed also, but I think its especially ignorant regarding small kids because often in these cases they are too young to decide whether they want to be in the car for the race, or not. adults can voice their opinions, ya know? there's no devaluing of anyone's life, but it does seem especially idiotic to me to race with little kids in the car.