Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

"import killer" LT1 runs away, almost killing himself.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 11:01 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "import killer" LT1 runs away, almost killing himself.

Okay as background, we got around 4-5 inches of snow here in NY yesterday, so the roads around here are pretty sandy, with small patches of snow/ice scattered about. I'm driving down a local crusing spot over to a friends earlier tonight, and a green LT1 with "import killer" on the back flys by. He slows down and paces me for a few minutes goosing it every so often. My car is ridiculously dirty and I have my baldass winter firehawk tires on, so I'm not really in the mood to race. A few miles later I goto turn onto a state highway, and he's still there pacing me.

We get on the highway and he takes off (like a slug moving across the driveway) .... probably a stock LT1 w/ exhaust. I gave it 3/4ish throttle and paced him while he "raced" me (one of my favorite things to do) and as traffic approaches I hit the brakes about a car or so ahead of him. He flys past me crosses over to another lane and cuts off a minivan by what looked like a few inches. The minivan freaked out almost sideswiping another car trying to get out of his way. So then this kid has the nerve to start tapping his brake lights at me, like he won?

I'm not a big fan of that so I give chase for a few minutes ... he's weaving in and out of cars doing at least 120mph. I come to my senses and realize I am risking my car and my life for a stock LT1, why? So I slow down and let him go ...

Oh well, I'm sure I'll see him again another time..
Old 02-25-2005, 11:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the roads as bad as they are here in Michigan I don't even drive my car so I damn sure wouldn't be racing another car. Just let his crazy *** go. You have to nice of a car for the risk. Not to mention the danger of these slick roads.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry it had to be a LT1 driver that did that. I thought that the Vette, F-body, Mustang guys had more sense than that. Maybe it is good that this idiot had no mods because if he did, he could have been seriously injured or could have seriously injured someone else, possibly you. I can't believe he was trying to mess with a 10 second car though, that is just retarded. Glad nothing bad happened.
T.J.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by FLeXNuTZ
Sorry it had to be a LT1 driver that did that. I thought that the Vette, F-body, Mustang guys had more sense than that. Maybe it is good that this idiot had no mods because if he did, he could have been seriously injured or could have seriously injured someone else, possibly you. I can't believe he was trying to mess with a 10 second car though, that is just retarded. Glad nothing bad happened.
T.J.
Yeah me too ... I really thought he was gonna lose it on one of the crazy weaving manuever's he was pulling off .... the road was pretty bad (I spun my tires at like 70 in 4th by accident which was a little scary), and I'm just glad he didn't hurt someone or himself.

Little kids should stick to their honda's until they learn how to drive.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by FLeXNuTZ
T.J.
Unfortunately, 75% of people who drive modified cars drive like ********. A lot of my buddies who have very nice cars drive like ricers.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by enisguy
Unfortunately, 75% of people who drive modified cars drive like ********. A lot of my buddies who have very nice cars drive like ricers.

this is true
Old 02-27-2005, 08:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry it had to be a LT1 driver that did that.
Oh not all of you LS1 and LS2 drivers are much better. I had A GTO want to race my Stealth. He started from 3 cars back and put two on me before I took chase. It was dark out and I had no advance warning that he wanted to go. I droped to 3rd and stopped his pull in a heart beat then started pulling him hard as we ran into traffice so I let off. Do you think he slowed down to play again. Hell no, he ran 85-95mph weaving around traffic to get away from me. When he did that the little voice in my head took over and I let him go.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

This is kinda like race if you think about it. Every color(vehicle make & model) has its idiots. I'll admit that I've street raced before but I damn sure didn't do it in heavy traffic. In fact, the closest vehicles in front of me and my opponent were no less than 100 yards away. Sure, we'd slow down traffic a little bit to get a good gap but at least everyone went home safe and happy except for the people in their minivans behind us honking and flipping us off, lol.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:23 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just watch for "Import Killer" come Spring and get your due kill then.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Just watch for "Import Killer" come Spring and get your due kill then.
Yup, that's the plan. He was cruising on a big time racing road around here, which just so happens to be a minute away from where my girl lives, so on that road a few times a week. I'm sure him and I will meet again.

Old 02-28-2005, 03:33 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by YsoFast
Oh not all of you LS1 and LS2 drivers are much better.
Sadly, I have to agree. I generally tend to drive fairly conservatively, but there are times when I just feel like hearing the loud pedal do its thing. I'm sure people think I'm pretty bad, but oh well...sometimes, you just can't resist, granted, I don't do anything like weaving in and out of traffic.

Makes me think about this guy around here that drives around in a black SS, only much, much dirtier than mine. The only time he was ever beside me, he floored it, and I heard the unmistakable sound of his engine not liking it (it was pinging really bad). He just takes off, and in his own lane, he was weaving back and forth as if to tell me "yeah, my car can handle great, and I know how to drive it." I just let him go on his merry way...a couple weeks later, I am passing him going the opposite way, and he swerves at me to get my attention. Needless to say, I was less than impressed.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:46 PM
TECH Regular

What an idiot. I like the skinny pedal a lot myself, especially on entrance ramps but have to watch it. Everyone, including the cops, knows the sound of my car boosting hard, especially pullied up.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:49 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
What an idiot. I like the skinny pedal a lot myself, especially on entrance ramps but have to watch it. Everyone, including the cops, knows the sound of my car boosting hard, especially pullied up.
That's the kinda sound that makes my head turn as I'm walking around outside I know my car can be loud...my parents heard it over a mile away inside their house.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Sadly, I have to agree. I generally tend to drive fairly conservatively, but there are times when I just feel like hearing the loud pedal do its thing. I'm sure people think I'm pretty bad, but oh well...sometimes, you just can't resist, granted, I don't do anything like weaving in and out of traffic...
Same with me ... I'm definately one to stretch out the girls legs late at night when the roads are relatively empty ... But this was at least 120mph in fairly heavy traffic, pretty dumb.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:03 AM
12 Second Club

You'll see him again