Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Beat a Snake & a Z28

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 05:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beat a Snake & a Z28

First off I am an insomniac...And I was out cruising at 2:30 am in my 69 camaro, when I come up to a 3-lane light with a black 04 cobra and a silver 02 Z28 reving up at each other, and I pull in to the left of them both and give no rev. Light turns green and they take off right beside each other, and I end up giving them a good full car or so head start, and I take off after them boiling my tires down. And I pass them both still baking my tires off and proceed right up to 130mph and by then they are both just lights in my rear view. Well I pull into the gas station about a half mile down the road to fill back up and they pull in after me. Both of them were pretty cool and we exchanged car info.

The Stang just had exhaust and the Z28 had cam, headers, exhaust, intake.

When I told them that my car runs 9's when I have the drag radials on all they could say was...

"man I had it figured about right" -camaro driver
"no way, you cant be street legal" -stang driver

both drivers claim to be in the 12's...but who cares? thats slow!

But anyway it sure felt good to actually be able to race Her, she hasnt seen any action since October...Now I just need to find someone worth racing.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:11 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Baddest post Ive read yet! Must have been tough to watch!!
Old 03-16-2005, 10:16 AM
Teching In

HAH...thanks.

When they pulled into the gas station and we were looking under the hoods, they asked me if I wanted to do that sh*t for a video. They want me to ride right in between em, get just in front of them, and from a 30-40 roll and stand on it, but I said "why not faster?"

Lets just say going down the interstate at 70+mph, her *** can and will walk sideways (on street tires of course). And if I let off the clutch/gas and let her idle down from like 10mph, she steadily barks the rear tire...when I have the factory rear end in there, with the racing one she just lunges.

Dont worry though, with about a days work I could have everything (even the factory tires and brake pads) back to stock. There is a 390hp 350 that came in her, and there is a 438 hp 383, and the muncie 4 spd. (I am currently using another muncie 4 spd, breaks, but its fun)
Old 03-16-2005, 10:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RSxSS SLS
First off I am an insomniac...And I was out cruising at 2:30 am in my 69 camaro, when I come up to a 3-lane light with a black 04 cobra and a silver 02 Z28 reving up at each other, and I pull in to the left of them both and give no rev. Light turns green and they take off right beside each other, and I end up giving them a good full car or so head start, and I take off after them boiling my tires down. And I pass them both still baking my tires off and proceed right up to 130mph and by then they are both just lights in my rear view. Well I pull into the gas station about a half mile down the road to fill back up and they pull in after me. Both of them were pretty cool and we exchanged car info.

The Stang just had exhaust and the Z28 had cam, headers, exhaust, intake.

When I told them that my car runs 9's when I have the drag radials on all they could say was...

"man I had it figured about right" -camaro driver
"no way, you cant be street legal" -stang driver

both drivers claim to be in the 12's...but who cares? thats slow!

But anyway it sure felt good to actually be able to race Her, she hasnt seen any action since October...Now I just need to find someone worth racing.
What's done to the '69 Camaro?
Old 03-16-2005, 10:28 AM
TECH Regular

Nice car. How much are ya getting to the ground with that thing?
Old 03-16-2005, 10:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gnxs
What's done to the '69 Camaro?

And waht do you trap when you run nines? Just curious.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nothing like good ole american muscle 9's are fun i trapped 139 once
Old 03-16-2005, 01:20 PM
Launching!

Drag Radials or Slicks...

Mod list? Trap speed? Sounds like a hell of a car, but I'd like to know a little more about it, without some details, it's questionable.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:27 PM
Launching!

That wasnt a kill that was forced sodomy!!! Nice rides them 69's....
Old 03-16-2005, 01:29 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

welcome back "higher life form". I thought you left because we were all "crybabies"?

So what IS done to your "69 Camaro"?

EDIT: I put quotes around 69 camaro.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:32 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Color me skeptical as well...with all of 5 posts under your belt, and claims that you are making, I immediately think you are just posting this to get some attention. I've seen this happen a couple of times before. If your claims are true, I apologize. You will have to show overwhelming proof that you have what you say before I can believe this.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:33 PM
12 Second Club

You mean you didn't beat their cars up with a shotgun and rob them of $5000 after you beat them?
Old 03-16-2005, 01:37 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

yeah why dont you guys all look through this guys race posts before you start patting him on the back for his "amazing" ride.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:45 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by Diolar Magnum
yeah why dont you guys all look through this guys race posts before you start patting him on the back for his "amazing" ride.
I don't even have to do that to realize that this is most likely complete BS.

Old 03-16-2005, 01:48 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

No, wait...I take that back. This IS complete BS. No two ways about it.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Diolar Magnum
I did, that's why I posted my question.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:31 AM
Teching In

Its a 1969 RS/SS Camaro (hence the RSxSS SLS moniker), silver with black pinstripes...With the factory seats the interior is all black vinyl, but right now there is only 2 racing seats. The hood, doors, and trunk are fiberglass right now, but I still have the metal ones. Came with no radio, no a/c, no seatbelts (or at least my father said that when he bought it in 1972, it had none).
Trap 137-140
RWHP 760 + 100shot (rarely if ever used)
The engine in there right now is a rock solid built 427, with 16psi supercharger. I could ramble on about all the mods in detail but I dont care to, if you want to call b.s. have fun.

You keep mocking my 5 posts? why? You were new here once, did it ever occur to you that I just recently (7 months ago) got my first computer that was capable of internet? Or I am just starting to explore? Or did it occur to you that most of the time when I post it is TRY to reduce the flaming? And I will never leave the racing section, I just left that topic. Grow up and shut up, you act like a 3 yr old kid being told that Santa is fake. If you dont believe what youre reading, fine...I would prefer nobody respond to me when I tell you about races because of **** like this. And I really dont want to hear "great/good/good kill/ect" either, just trying to share something I though to be funny. And you will have your concrete proof this summer, I will be posting vids and pics as soon as I have spare time/cash and everything on my project is done.....

Oh the project Im trying to build is my 98 Sonoma (SLS, also look at the moniker) into a 9 sec LS1 powered AWD beast...Just to insult those damn ricers with their "almighty WRX" and scare punk kids on crotch rockets and all that stupid ****. Sort of a new age, v8, AWD, sy/ty...Lots of custom fabrication, so I really have no idea exactly how much longer.

The 89 Supra I bought last month for $600 to save gas, and have something to drive around in that Im not scared to destroy.
The 98 Z28 I that is now nothing but a donor and scrap, had 430 RWHP.
The 4.3L v6 was maxed out running a mid-high 13 sec 1/4.
My fiance has a 96 v6 Camaro (custom paint and interior, very little perf) and a 89 acura r/s.

Anything else?
Old 03-17-2005, 04:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a 1969 RS/SS Camaro (hence the RSxSS SLS moniker), silver with black pinstripes...With the factory seats the interior is all black vinyl, but right now there is only 2 racing seats. The hood, doors, and trunk are fiberglass right now, but I still have the metal ones. Came with no radio, no a/c, no seatbelts (or at least my father said that when he bought it in 1972, it had none).
Trap 137-140
RWHP 760 + 100shot (rarely if ever used)
The engine in there right now is a rock solid built 427, with 16psi supercharger. I could ramble on about all the mods in detail but I dont care to, if you want to call b.s. have fun.

You keep mocking my 5 posts? why? You were new here once, did it ever occur to you that I just recently (7 months ago) got my first computer that was capable of internet? Or I am just starting to explore? Or did it occur to you that most of the time when I post it is TRY to reduce the flaming? And I will never leave the racing section, I just left that topic. Grow up and shut up, you act like a 3 yr old kid being told that Santa is fake. If you dont believe what youre reading, fine...I would prefer nobody respond to me when I tell you about races because of **** like this. And I really dont want to hear "great/good/good kill/ect" either, just trying to share something I though to be funny. And you will have your concrete proof this summer, I will be posting vids and pics as soon as I have spare time/cash and everything on my project is done.....

Oh the project Im trying to build is my 98 Sonoma (SLS, also look at the moniker) into a 9 sec LS1 powered AWD beast...Just to insult those damn ricers with their "almighty WRX" and scare punk kids on crotch rockets and all that stupid ****. Sort of a new age, v8, AWD, sy/ty...Lots of custom fabrication, so I really have no idea exactly how much longer.

The 89 Supra I bought last month for $600 to save gas, and have something to drive around in that Im not scared to destroy.
The 98 Z28 I that is now nothing but a donor and scrap, had 430 RWHP.
The 4.3L v6 was maxed out running a mid-high 13 sec 1/4.
My fiance has a 96 v6 Camaro (custom paint and interior, very little perf) and a 89 acura r/s.

Anything else?
What kind of supercharger are you running and also what size and type of carb?
Old 03-17-2005, 08:28 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

You keep mocking my 5 posts? why?
Because the posts you have made in this section have mostly been inflamatory. The people here are generally very knowledgeable, and the WRONG way to start out, is by trying to push yourself on everyone as some hard *** who pulls guns, ruins other people cars, and is basically trying to be the center of attention.

You were new here once, did it ever occur to you that I just recently (7 months ago) got my first computer that was capable of internet? Or I am just starting to explore?
No, none of this occured to me. Nor should it matter. Methods of exploring the internet don't have anything whatsoever to do with the words you use to speak to other people on a forum. Yes I was new, and in the beginning I got a bit hazed cause I tried to play up my car a little. but I certainly didnt try to put myself above everyone else as you have with your "higher life form status", and then calling everyone "crybabies". Take your own advice: grow up.

Or did it occur to you that most of the time when I post it is TRY to reduce the flaming?
Wrong. Look at your own post record. Your posts are summed up in three words: Violent. Narcissistic. Ridiculous.

And I will never leave the racing section, I just left that topic. Grow up and shut up, you act like a 3 yr old kid being told that Santa is fake.
I may act like a 3 year old sometimes, but I try and keep it off this board. However in response, when YOU post, you sound like a 3 year old yourself. Also I find it interesting that someone who is brand new to the internet would have a custom avatar like yours. Again with the lack of pertinance: the santa bit. Zero correlation to this conversation.

If you dont believe what youre reading, fine...I would prefer nobody respond to me when I tell you about races because of **** like this. And I really dont want to hear "great/good/good kill/ect" either, just trying to share something I though to be funny. And you will have your concrete proof this summer, I will be posting vids and pics as soon as I have spare time/cash and everything on my project is done.....
Dont want a response? But you say you're not leaving the racing section?? I guess we should all make a note to read your posts and not reply. Sounds good to me. In fact that could be accomplished just as effectively on another website such as LS1.com, LS2.com, Camaroz28.com etc etc etc.

Anything else?
Yeah, I find it hard to believe that you have a fiance also. If you do, I wish her the best in dealing with you, because it sounds to me from reading your posts in order that you are some kid trying to be some man. Post as you are or don't post at all. No one tolerates too much bullshit here, and I myself have found that out the hard way before.

If you want to reply to me personally then take it to PM from here, so as not to waste more board space.

Brad
Old 03-17-2005, 09:29 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Just post up some pics (detailed preferable), and I'll stand corrected. Until then, I still say BS. Sorry.