Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

underground streetracing Evo king

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 12:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default underground streetracing Evo king

I live in a small city in Iowa, and theres lots of ricers and what not, well since winters over all the cars are coming out and streetracing is starting back up, I just moved here less then a year ago and found out about this underground street racing meet. They meet at this warehouse just off of the main strip and they bullshit for a couple hours and then drive off to either of there "racing spots" well Theres this Evo who comes up every saterday from some city near by and from what everyone says hes the "fastest car in CR" someone said hes running 12.5... which is damn slow for being the "fastest" Its a real nice car, its got a big windshield banner that says Greddy. Rumor has it hes got NOS, and theres this Russian guy with a real nice RX7 who used to be the fastest. Well Im thinkin of calling these 2 retards out next saterday for money, from what I hear the Evo has to watch the person race someone else and look under there hood before he throws down money and races. If hes only running 12.5 I should be able to take him real easy. But i dont know how good this info i got on the evo is. What do those things run stock?? and what kind of mods would get him to mid 12s???
I would like to go from a 50mph dig since hes All wheel drive and would lose alot of his power uptop.
what do you guys think??
Old 04-04-2005, 01:26 AM
On The Tree

i'd take your bottle out because when you beat him (because you will) he'll probably make up lame ricer excuses about you spraying him and what not.... or you could say screw it and use the n20 and pull some trainlengths on him..
Old 04-04-2005, 01:26 AM
12 Second Club

u will smoke his *** dude!
Old 04-04-2005, 02:03 AM
Banned

how are you going to have a 50mph race from a dig??? But seriously a 50mph roll would eat him alive. I wouldn't think twice about racing those chuckleheads.

Nate
Old 04-04-2005, 02:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by taufern
how are you going to have a 50mph race from a dig??? But seriously a 50mph roll would eat him alive. I wouldn't think twice about racing those chuckleheads.

Nate
woops, ment 50mph roll.

I figured id win, but like I said, I dont know how reliable my sources are on that car, just everyone talks about how fast it is... but then again im one of the few LS1 f-bodys rolling around here that actually races, so I dont think people really now what a LS1 can do.
Im going to buy a new video camera tomorrow and get that **** on film when I race him and that russian guy. Ill keep you guys posted.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

He must be running a pretty small shot of Nitrous then, the Evo's are only about a tenth or 2 behind the STI's. And unless he just decided to put a Greddy sticker on his car without having any product (which wouldn't really surprise me), he's gotta be packing something else too. Just sounds fishy with the banner and nitrous, I'd be careful and not get cocky. You should still beat him though.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

if u got that much power on the juice, it ain't gonna matter what u go from, ur gonna rape him
Old 04-04-2005, 08:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You'll kill him. Just make sure you don't completely destroy the first guy you race, so the Evo won't back down.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:43 AM
12 Second Club

If he wants to watch you race someone else tell him you want to watch him race someone else. And if you race someone while hes around do it like half throttle or a little more. I would be careful though. Who knows what hes got on that thing.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:39 AM
Launching!

Yeah, I just made friends with a 3000GT VR4 haha after I put 10 cars on his ***. So I told him id race him again and make it look like I almost win to draw the Evo into the race. I just wanna show this guys hes not the fastest in this city, we have vipers and z06 and ferraris around here, along with 9 sec old muslce cars, I just dont think this kid knows what the hell hes talking about, But im sure he might be the fastest ricer around, but i cant wait to blow his doors off.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Happy Hunting!
Old 04-04-2005, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BuBbABFP
u will smoke his *** dude!
yes....do it
Old 04-04-2005, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by StangKillaLS1
I would like to go from a 50mph dig since hes All wheel drive and would lose alot of his power uptop.
what do you guys think??

Race him from a dig champ.Drag racing starts from a dig.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:30 PM
TECH Regular

I would do him motor first, and if he complained THEN the bottle...
Old 04-04-2005, 04:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by StangKillaLS1
I live in a small city in Iowa, and theres lots of ricers and what not, well since winters over all the cars are coming out and streetracing is starting back up, I just moved here less then a year ago and found out about this underground street racing meet. They meet at this warehouse just off of the main strip and they bullshit for a couple hours and then drive off to either of there "racing spots" well Theres this Evo who comes up every saterday from some city near by and from what everyone says hes the "fastest car in CR" someone said hes running 12.5... which is damn slow for being the "fastest" Its a real nice car, its got a big windshield banner that says Greddy. Rumor has it hes got NOS, and theres this Russian guy with a real nice RX7 who used to be the fastest. Well Im thinkin of calling these 2 retards out next saterday for money, from what I hear the Evo has to watch the person race someone else and look under there hood before he throws down money and races. If hes only running 12.5 I should be able to take him real easy. But i dont know how good this info i got on the evo is. What do those things run stock?? and what kind of mods would get him to mid 12s???
what do you guys think??
Something just doesnt sound right. Either everyone involved is a retard, or they are trying to bait suckers to race for money. I just dont see a 12.5 vehicle as being the fastest anywhere. There are stock looking trucks here that run quite a bit faster than that.
After looking at your sig I seriously doubt that you will have much of a problem. I would spend some time hiding your bottle if possible THAT would be funny! Get video if possible.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:48 PM
Launching!

With those #'s your putting down, i think you have him beat already. If he's really into street racing then the hole 12.5 is BS. But still, go show them a real car! And a video would be great!
Old 04-04-2005, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

since you know how well the 3000GT races, get the Evo to race him so you can see him race like he wants to see you race. That way you know what you'd be getting into. Just don't be surprised if he pulls the same thing you're gonna do and only go half throttle.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can't call someone out then make the rules. i don't know how it is in corn country but here if you call some one out for cash it's a drag race. thats like someone calling a guy out for cash then asking for two cars because he has slicks. it's not his fault you can't hook. another rule we have,to look under someone's hood you have to pay him to pop it. so if he wants to see CHARGE HIM $20.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:40 PM
Teching In

Um buddy, you will beat the sh*t out of him if he is running "12.5's" Be careful though, make sure he has a stock setup. Check his motor see if he is running an external wastegate which would most likely mean aftermarket turbo. Greddy makes a T67 for the Evo, makes big power. Also he could easily swap on a 20G which looks totally stock, have all the bolt ons including cams, run race fuel, turn the boost up to 27 PSI and be running almost 500AWHP. I ran 11.8 with 375awhp, so you see where 500 could put you. Look at my sig, I am a turbo kit away from running high 10's @ 128 plus. Just to give you some insight.

Shane
Old 04-04-2005, 10:22 PM
On The Tree

it seems like they are baiting you man...think about it.....GReady set up AND I dunno about you guys but if he DOES have more boost running through that car that thing must run some crazy high octane or run SUPER low compression to have BOTH a bottle and a GReady set-up.......I've seen an evo run in the 10's out at the track....a silver one...and it was driven there...ha ha....I think you should have one of your friends race him and while he is gone purge your bottle set-up and pull up to the line.....so he's NICE AND HOT....ha ha.....I would run him WITH the bottle because chances are if you beat the CRAP outa him your car might be used in that rumor next time you hear it.....

Quick Reply: underground streetracing Evo king