Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Need to teach local Mustang owner a lesson need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 08:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need to teach local Mustang owner a lesson need some advice

There is this local mustang owner with a late model Gt(02-03). His mods are a chip and full exhuast. The kid also has wheels and some other appearence mods. So ill cruise by once in awhile and stop and chat at the local hangout and lately all i hear is **** alking from this ******** about how his pos has 400 Hp? So about a month ago he starts telling people that we raced and he deystroyed me When in fact the only time we ever came close to racing was about a month and a half ago, He started out about a buslentgh ahead of me punched it, i caught up and as soon as i was passin him he shut down, so i guess he won . Well i saw him up there one night got in his face and called him out. I bet him 500 bucks that id walk all over him, he agreed. So i found him the day we were supposed to race and showed him my money. What does he do? his response is why dont you get some exhaust for your car(im running open from the cats cause im waiting to put my headers on) and i told him he had a vagina about this BBBBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGG. So he got all butthurt and has doubled his **** talkin. Now i am on a crusade not only to walk him but to devastate him to the point where he will go hang him self in shame. I go home with about 400 in my pocket per paycheck after taxes and car payments etc.. How much will a nitrous setup cost me and how much will a cam package run. My current mods are....Lid and filter, custom true duals, 315 tires in the rear good for stickin on the street, short shifter, ls6 intake, free mods, some tuning, and a good driver. I own a 02 red SS. Best quarter is a 12.7 Right now i know ill beat him without a sweat but i want to embarass him. Any advice?
Old 04-04-2005, 09:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think around $600 for a cam kit. Plus you may need a tune $500.

I think the NX kit for LS1's is about $1000, but it is a really nice kit.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

thanks
Old 04-04-2005, 10:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DriveFastAlways
There is this local mustang owner with a late model Gt(02-03). His mods are a chip and full exhuast. The kid also has wheels and some other appearence mods. So ill cruise by once in awhile and stop and chat at the local hangout and lately all i hear is **** alking from this ******** about how his pos has 400 Hp? So about a month ago he starts telling people that we raced and he deystroyed me When in fact the only time we ever came close to racing was about a month and a half ago, He started out about a buslentgh ahead of me punched it, i caught up and as soon as i was passin him he shut down, so i guess he won . Well i saw him up there one night got in his face and called him out. I bet him 500 bucks that id walk all over him, he agreed. So i found him the day we were supposed to race and showed him my money. What does he do? his response is why dont you get some exhaust for your car(im running open from the cats cause im waiting to put my headers on) and i told him he had a vagina about this BBBBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGG. So he got all butthurt and has doubled his **** talkin. Now i am on a crusade not only to walk him but to devastate him to the point where he will go hang him self in shame. I go home with about 400 in my pocket per paycheck after taxes and car payments etc.. How much will a nitrous setup cost me and how much will a cam package run. My current mods are....Lid and filter, custom true duals, 315 tires in the rear good for stickin on the street, short shifter, ls6 intake, free mods, some tuning, and a good driver. I own a 02 red SS. Best quarter is a 12.7 Right now i know ill beat him without a sweat but i want to embarass him. Any advice?

If you are going to be going from a dig, then a really good thing to get is some drag radials. The start of the race is going to usually depend on who wins. So if you hook and don't spin any then you will probebly win. If he is running stock tires then you will take him pretty easy. But a NOS setup for your car you don't really want to put over a 100 shot on it. but you can get a 50-150 kit for about 700-800 dollars. but i would go with tires before the NOS. As soon as the NOS kicks in your going to be spinning unless you put a twin shot on it and then you can do half of that and then shoot it again. But he is just stupid for thinking that he is pushing 400. He is probebly only pushing about 300. In my opinion chevy makes better engines then ford.

Last edited by michaelsvt03; 04-04-2005 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

Regardless of manufacture, a chip and exhaust do nothing almost so he is nuts, also i am a better driver and have much more horsepower than him already. Either way ill win but i wanna be a dick and rub it in.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

N2O should do the trick then. I'm sure you'll hand him his *** as you are now, based on my runs with 99+ GTs in my CAI/cat-back/tuned LT1, but with N2O you will embarass him badly.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, Tires can be as good as anything as long as you don't break. But, most people will claim, "I only lost because he's got slicks."
Old 04-04-2005, 11:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BBQLS1
Yeah, Tires can be as good as anything as long as you don't break. But, most people will claim, "I only lost because he's got slicks."
yea, that is true. but if you put NOS on it the excuses would be even worse.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:26 PM
On The Tree

lol i just wont tell him i have n2o, and im alredy packin 315" in the rear so i hook pretty good, its quite a bit of tire.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if its for cash, theres a good chance he'll want to check under the hood before you have any chance of collecting from him. Do you have headers? Didnt look like it was mentioned above. Also, I hope you didnt do an intake swap cause your car came with an ls6 intake.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't get nitrous for that race, he will be using it as an excuse saying that you needed nitrous to beat him.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:26 PM
12 Second Club

I would say put the bottle and the cam in, get a group of people to watch the race and watch you murder him by bus lengths and my guess is he won't come back to talk And if he does come back running his mouth just smile and nod and say hey I still won!!! It will **** him off more!! Mods are mods Run what you Brung is what I say! Good luck though.

Dan
Old 04-04-2005, 05:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by michaelsvt03
If you are going to be going from a dig, then a really good thing to get is some drag radials. The start of the race is going to usually depend on who wins. So if you hook and don't spin any then you will probebly win. If he is running stock tires then you will take him pretty easy. But a N2O setup for your car you don't really want to put over a 100 shot on it. but you can get a 50-150 kit for about 700-800 dollars. but i would go with tires before the N2O. As soon as the N2O kicks in your going to be spinning unless you put a twin shot on it and then you can do half of that and then shoot it again. But he is just stupid for thinking that he is pushing 400. He is probebly only pushing about 300. In my opinion chevy makes better engines then ford.

There, I fixed it for ya. NOS is a company, Nitrous Oxide Systems. "NOS" is a common term for ricers to say, but we don't have any of those here right?
Old 04-04-2005, 07:37 PM
Staging Lane

Cam, tires and gears. Getting beat by a car runnin all motor is twice as bad as being beat by a power adder.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:13 PM
STF Veteran

Cheap way to embarass him would be the N2O. Usually around $500 for a good dry kit. That's all you'll need to do the trick.

Set it up for best two out of three.
Make it a close motor run on first pass, to bait him. With you about a car out in front.
Then crack that beyotch open.

Post up the results. Get vid if possible.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 01_SuperSlow
I wouldn't get nitrous for that race, he will be using it as an excuse saying that you needed nitrous to beat him.

Unless you could smoke him N/A, then get him to go again, and then totally obliterate his ***, I wouldn't get nitrous. You don't need anything at the moment anyway. Nitrous is going to get you better gains, and a used kit can be had for really cheap. You can safely spray a 100 shot, or even a 125 shot. Lots of guys are spraying even more on the stock internals. Also, he doesn't have anywhere near 300 hp... He is pretty much stock. eeeeeaaaaaaaasssssssyyyyyyyyyyy race, but you already know that.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
if its for cash, theres a good chance he'll want to check under the hood before you have any chance of collecting from him. Do you have headers? Didnt look like it was mentioned above. Also, I hope you didnt do an intake swap cause your car came with an ls6 intake.
yeah i just list it cause its special i know it came with it
Old 04-08-2005, 07:56 PM
Launching!

i love my 315 nitto's.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:13 PM
Banned

theres a sonic blue 03 gt where i live and he had to chrge that bitch to even get it to 400 even. before the vortech all he had was off road x and flows and a chip and gears.last time we raced (pre supercharger) i gave him the hit and within 2 seconds i was ahead then we had to shut down due to traffic
Old 04-08-2005, 10:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Not to offend you, but why are you running open cats...I'm sure that sounds like crap, not to mention being way too loud. If you are waiting for headers, why not leave the muffler on till then???