Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Need to teach local Mustang owner a lesson need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005 | 10:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ZEEMAN
theres a sonic blue 03 gt where i live and he had to chrge that bitch to even get it to 400 even. before the vortech all he had was off road x and flows and a chip and gears.last time we raced (pre supercharger) i gave him the hit and within 2 seconds i was ahead then we had to shut down due to traffic
I agree with ZEE dude. There's no way in hell that mustang has 400 rearwheel or flywheel horsepower. If he has full exhaust and chip....probably has a CAI. He would be lucky to push upper 200's. Also, what type of tire does he run with??? If he's on a street tire, forget about it! He will see you jump ahead on when you launch on you DRs and he'll get nervous and spin his tires. Next thing you know you'll be 5+ cars ahead of him.

If you just have about 400 to spend, don't get nitrous or a cam yet. You don't even have Long tubes or an underdrive pulley yet!!! Thats like 35 rwhp right there. After you get ALL your bolt ons, THEN get your cam, or H/C.

Then the spray!
Old 04-08-2005 | 10:40 PM
Banned

i concur with set. finish up with the boltons like lt's and pulley and other goodies before u juice it or dig into H/C packages.