Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Blinged C5 Vette vert goes down.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 09:38 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Blinged C5 Vette vert goes down.

Was at a stoplight this morning on my commute, middle lane on a 3 lane, 1st guy in line. A blinged (nice bling-not tacky at all- wheels, tips, etc.) C5 Vette pulls up to the left lane next to me, top down, I hear Borla exhaust and the stereo kickin'- guy looking ahead, moving his head to the beat of the music.

I looked around, had a feeling he would gun it on green and he did. Like they teach you as a kid, don't run from a dog if you don't want it to run after you and my reflexes took over (woof).

He got a car's jump when I decide to commit. The walk commenced, as I feathered thru 1st, slammed into 2nd, with rear tires drifting to the side (I'm on street tires) as I passed him in my tail out manner. Redline (no grip in 2nd), 3rd and shut down with a few car lengths (no need to run past 60mph- point was made).

Dude pulls up and throws a big thumbs up. I opened the dual cutouts then so he could hear what beat him. He yells "that's one badass motherfucking car!!!". I returned thumbs up and pulled into work.

And to think I actually considered selling this car recently. I love this car. Puts a big smile on my face when I need some cheering up.

Last edited by SouthFL.02.SS; 04-06-2005 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:56 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't mind my asking, whereabouts was this? Just wanna make sure I know where not to be in the morning...
Old 04-06-2005, 09:57 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by VTC_WS6
If you don't mind my asking, whereabouts was this? Just wanna make sure I know where not to be in the morning...
I'm somewhere on Kendall Drive every weekday morning.

Last edited by SouthFL.02.SS; 04-06-2005 at 10:03 AM.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
And to think I actually considered selling this car recently. I love this car. Puts a big smile on my face when I need some cheering up.
Why give up something that makes you happy?
Old 04-06-2005, 10:34 AM
12 Second Club

I'm somewhere on Kendall Drive every weekday morning.

Whew! I'll stick to Kilian in the mornings!
Old 04-06-2005, 10:39 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah, don't give up the toy that makes ya smile on a shitty day. I wouldn't give up mine.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Was at a stoplight this morning on my commute, middle lane on a 3 lane, 1st guy in line. A blinged (nice bling-not tacky at all- wheels, tips, etc.) C5 Vette pulls up to the left lane next to me, top down, I hear Borla exhaust and the stereo kickin'- guy looking ahead, moving his head to the beat of the music.

I looked around, had a feeling he would gun it on green and he did. Like they teach you as a kid, don't run from a dog if you don't want it to run after you and my reflexes took over (woof).

He got a car's jump when I decide to commit. The walk commenced, as I feathered thru 1st, slammed into 2nd, with rear tires drifting to the side (I'm on street tires) as I passed him in my tail out manner. Redline (no grip in 2nd), 3rd and shut down with a few car lengths (no need to run past 60mph- point was made).

Dude pulls up and throws a big thumbs up. I opened the dual cutouts then so he could hear what beat him. He yells "that's one badass motherfucking car!!!". I returned thumbs up and pulled into work.

why were u going to sell it?
Old 04-06-2005, 10:50 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by whitecamaross
why were u going to sell it?
Want to do more sanctioned roadracing. Streetracing is gonna bite me in the *** one day. Driving this car gravitates towards occasional streetracing. It's too tempting.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Want to do more sanctioned roadracing. Streetracing is gonna bite me in the *** one day. Driving this car gravitates towards occasional streetracing. It's too tempting.
so take it to moroso more often. thats why u just try to "know" people who own cars that u can race in a organized manner. also, if u do sold it, what would u get ??
Old 04-06-2005, 11:04 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

so take it to moroso more often. thats why u just try to "know" people who own cars that u can race in a organized manner. also, if u do sold it, what would u get ??
A car that draws no attention from the streetracing crowd.
I've just done some arrive and drive at Skip Barber, driving real race cars on real race tracks. There is no comparison between a pathetic jaunt on the traffic packed, cop infested streets of Miami and WOT/ max brake runs on a roadcourse. It's 2 totally different genres of racing, but IMO, sanctioned RR is about 1000x more exhilirating than streetracing, plus it's 100% legal with 100% of the people assuming risk.

There is no legal "organized streetracing" other than RSR/RSD events (and those take place at the track).

Going to Moroso breaks stuff. I'd rather spend the money on more arrive and drive events.

Last edited by SouthFL.02.SS; 04-06-2005 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:07 AM
12 Second Club

How exactly did you get started with RR? I've been long wanting to try my hands at 'real' racing (the kind where you have to turn & brake) but I never found an accesible outlet around here?
Old 04-06-2005, 11:11 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by VTC_WS6
How exactly did you get started with RR? I've been long wanting to try my hands at 'real' racing (the kind where you have to turn & brake) but I never found an accesible outlet around here?

www.skipbarber.com Racing school and racing series.
It's not cheap at all, but if I simply divert mod money, it's affordable. The big money is the up-front cost of the schools, but lapping and series days aren't too expensive (relatively speaking). I can afford to do a couple of events a year.
My instructors were 12hours of Sebring champions and Factory Drivers for BMW and Porsche.
I've done 5 days worth of school and I'm now eligible for a SCCA National license.

www.chinmotorsports.com is a very affordable way to flog your own car around some pretty famous tracks, with instruciton. It's lapping only- non competitive.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

A car that draws no attention from the streetracing crowd.
I've just done some arrive and drive at Skip Barber, driving real race cars on real race tracks. There is no comparison between a pathetic jaunt on the traffic packed, cop infested streets of Miami and WOT/ max brake runs on a roadcourse. It's 2 totally different genres of racing, but IMO, sanctioned RR is about 1000x more exhilirating than streetracing, plus it's 100% legal with 100% of the people assuming risk.

There is no legal "organized streetracing" other than RSR events (and those take place at the track).

Going to Moroso breaks stuff. I'd rather spend the money on more arrive and drive events.
well.. you cant truely say there is no " organized streetracing" because you really havent been out there to say that. you have shown up to the wrong spots with the wrong crowd not knowing what really goes down. believe me when i say that there are "real" organized street races at places in the middle of nowhere (homestead) where u can race the sh@t out of your car and come home safe. also, yes u are correct about getting busted and my friend who is around your age who never ever races just decided to race a mustang last week that pulled up at a light next to him and revved his motor. all of a sudden they both punched it (kinda like u did today) and he beat the mustang only to see a cop turn his lights on and bust a u turn and come after him and the other car. my friend tried and thought about getting away, but it was rush hour so he pulled into a gas station with the other car and the cop behind them. he went to jail for almost causing a traffic accident since his t top wasnt locked and it flew out the car and just to make this even better it turn out that the other person racing him was a girl!!!!
he had to pay 1000 dollars to get out of jail plus spend the whole weekend in jail since he got busted friday night and now he has a court appearance this month. so yes, for some reason it is always the people who hardly race the ones to get busted. i dont know why, but it is like that most of the time.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:19 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

well.. you cant truely say there is no " organized streetracing" because you really havent been out there to say that. you have shown up to the wrong spots with the wrong crowd not knowing what really goes down. believe me when i say that there are "real" organized street races at places in the middle of nowhere (homestead) where u can race the sh@t out of your car and come home safe. also, yes u are correct about getting busted and my friend who is around your age who never ever races just decided to race a mustang last week that pulled up at a light next to him and revved his motor. all of a sudden they both punched it (kinda like u did today) and he beat the mustang only to see a cop turn his lights on and bust a u turn and come after him and the other car. my friend tried and thought about getting away, but it was rush hour so he pulled into a gas station with the other car and the cop behind them. he went to jail for almost causing a traffic accident since his t top wasnt locked and it flew out the car and just to make this even better it turn out that the other person racing him was a girl!!!!
he had to pay 1000 dollars to get out of jail plus spend the whole weekend in jail since he got busted friday night and now he has a court appearance this month. so yes, for some reason it is always the people who hardly race the ones to get busted. i dont know why, but it is like that most of the time.
Whatever bro. You assume risk on public roads all the time. Hangin' out with the crowd out in the boonies is like a nice sweet corral for the fuzz.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:20 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

well.. you cant truely say there is no " organized streetracing" because you really havent been out there to say that. you have shown up to the wrong spots with the wrong crowd not knowing what really goes down. .....
I was out there 15 years ago.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Whatever bro. You assume risk on public roads all the time. Hangin' out with the crowd out in the boonies is like a nice sweet corral for the fuzz.
on top of that, what makes it safer to run like u did today? because if it is then rest assured that i will start doing that instead of doing what i used to.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:23 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

There is no "safer" or "more intelligent" way to streetrace. It's all-around stupid and we're the morons doing it. That's the way it is. I'm a moron, you're a moron.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:26 AM
Teching In

Are there any road racing tracks in south Florida area?. I'm in Cape Coral (Ft. Myers) and would love to try some rr. There was once a sponsered road race here in Cape Coral but it was very un-supervised (no safety precations for spectators) so it was killed instantly and never retrurned.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:31 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DocBowtie
Are there any road racing tracks in south Florida area?. I'm in Cape Coral (Ft. Myers) and would love to try some rr. There was once a sponsered road race here in Cape Coral but it was very un-supervised (no safety precations for spectators) so it was killed instantly and never retrurned.

www.chinmotorsports.com has events at Homestead and Sebring on their schedule. They also do Moroso, but I don't see it on the roster yet.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:02 PM
12 Second Club

Woof. Nice kill.