Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Smoked by WRX STI

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 03:28 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Smoked by WRX STI

I have a stock '02 GT and I wanted to see just how bad a** those Subaru's were. I was on my way home from work tonight when I see a black sti with gold rims traveling in the opposite direction. I did a quick U-turn at the next light and finally caught up after a couple of minutes. This is around 1:30 in the morning btw so there's hardly any traffic at all. The first run he hit it first and left me like I was standing still. The second run he jumped a little early but still I was smashing the gas pedal and wasn't gaining any ground. Both runs were rolls but I forgot what speed. Probably around 50-60 mph.

Now here's the interesting part. I ask him to race from a 20 mph roll but he declined. I know the Sti is in a different league from my GT but does my car have any chance from a roll?? I asking because I have an auto which I know makes me even slower. Would the 5-speed fare any better from any speed??
Old 04-12-2005, 03:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

stock for stock, you're screwed no matter what speed you go from. They're just faster.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Venkman
stock for stock, you're screwed no matter what speed you go from. They're just faster.
lmao. Thats kinda mean but true. You would have a lot better luck from a roll tho.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:26 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Venkman
Yeah thanks. I wish I had your car last night!!

'05 or '06 GTO next though
Old 04-12-2005, 11:29 PM
Teching In

Well, dude dont feel bad, every Ex-ford owner has to go through the following before switching to GM.

1. Lose to a japanese toy

2. denial

3. depression

4. utter joy, when you realize you can actually trade it in.

It seems you you skipped step 2. very very good thing, now go out and test drive, then choose the GM car that will get you your revenge!!

BTW: we will all have the brew on ice ready and wating for when you make the switch.........(but remember we're only human and the ice melts really fast, so hurry the hell up)
Old 04-12-2005, 11:44 PM
Launching!

One of my friends has a regular wrx not an sti but he has done enough stuff to it to make it run w/ them no problem. Off a stop light he takes me through about 70ish and them im eather ahead or even w/ him and from a 60 roll theres no competion, i blew his doors off a few times at 60 and he will only race me from a stop now
Old 04-12-2005, 11:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An STI took you out from a Roll? I didnt think a 4 banger could take out an 8 from a roll!! Oh forgot you got a GT. LOL J/K
Old 04-13-2005, 12:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thing is, normally your car would fare better from a roll against him due to him being AWD which causes nice power loss through the drivetrain. But because you're an automatic, it doesn't help your case any. You're honestly safer from a roll, but not as safe as you would be with a manual.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Yenko
Well, dude dont feel bad, every Ex-ford owner has to go through the following before switching to GM.

1. Lose to a japanese toy

2. denial

3. depression

4. utter joy, when you realize you can actually trade it in.

It seems you you skipped step 2. very very good thing, now go out and test drive, then choose the GM car that will get you your revenge!!

BTW: we will all have the brew on ice ready and wating for when you make the switch.........(but remember we're only human and the ice melts really fast, so hurry the hell up)
Unfortunately since I just got this GT last December I won't be getting a new car until around Summer/Fall 2007.

Peace
Old 04-15-2005, 12:21 PM
Staging Lane

It's the smallish stock unit that limits the Subaru's top end.

Sti + large turbo = pretty damn good power up top.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TORNATIC!!
Unfortunately since I just got this GT last December I won't be getting a new car until around Summer/Fall 2007.

Peace
Don't be afraid, it's good over here on the darkside.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The STI has 300hp and AWD so the only way a stock automatic GT will beat it, is if the STI is going backwards. j/k kinda.
Old 04-15-2005, 06:37 PM
Launching!

if you had a manual and just bolt ons you couold try it off the roll, will probably keep up but not more