Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

How to get into races

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 10:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get into races

I do not know what it is but everytime i go out to cruise i never see anyone wanting to race. I LIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF DFW. Is there some secret to getting people to race you? Ill take off but they dont even attempt or atleast it doesnt seem like it. Alot of times they will get off the highway and take their 1st right. kinda bugs me. Am i supposed to follow them or just let them go?
Old 04-23-2005, 10:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've wondered the same thing, it seems like nobody wants to race or even play a little. Last time I was on R&R I had a 240SX try to do a fly by but shut him down, then there was this '04 GTO that acted like he wanted to then just started boombing down 820 in high traffic. i just said screw it, this guy is gonna wind up on the news. But hey I'm coming home on R&R in a month and I'm sure me and my brother in law ('02 Stang) would love to go for a cruise and race some where. I'm over in the Newak/ Saginaw area, where are you? Hopefully I'll know if you name it I'm brand new to the area.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:20 PM
Teching In

You gotta know where to find the races
Old 04-24-2005, 12:14 AM
Launching!

After I chipped my diesel, I couldn't find anyone around to run me either...
Old 04-24-2005, 12:17 AM
NKAWTG...N

go on an import forum...and start talking alot of ****

...seriously though that is one way to get an organized race, but becareful who you say you will race, because often the big wigs like to take care of the **** talkers...
Old 04-24-2005, 03:33 PM
Launching!

I can't find a race most of the time, anyone i have any fun with is ppl. i already know we go out late at night an run around on the highways.

It's very rare to find someone just driving around during the day that wants to play. I did run across a 350z that played thursday night in my GTP on my way home from work he musta thought it'd be an easy kill muhahahaha he thought wrong
Old 04-24-2005, 10:38 PM
12 Second Club

first of all your car looks mean, second from the mods you list i bet it sounds mean also, so some dork in a riced out honda isn't gonna try unless he has something besides a big wing , but for me and my friends we drive to the local hang outs and talk to people with nice rides and ask them for a run, it works, but just watch out for the man
Old 04-25-2005, 12:43 AM
On The Tree

How do you drive? I drive a little on the fast side and love to squeal tires going into second. I find races all the time no matter what I'm driving. I seem to attract races or something as I've even had riced out hondas race me and my buddy in his mini van. LMAO you should see the look on their face when we pull a car length on them. Most of the time they turn off at the first light. Other times they fly by and keep on going. lol
Old 04-25-2005, 01:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Come by the Hooter's meet on Hulen this coming saturday, some of us may do a little blast on the highway and we cruise up to a sonic after the meet where alot of mustang and imports hang out that love to run
Old 04-25-2005, 01:07 PM
TECH Junkie

But leave the trash talking for the ricer forums, there are alot bigger fish out there in dfw that will just make u & me look stupid I dont even trash talk the ricers unless they get uptty then I just laugh and donkey punch there ***'s but most know better
Old 04-25-2005, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The way I find races is I pick the slowest car in my driveway and go drive that around. I can't tell you how many times I have been driving around in the jeep and found tons of cars to race. But as soon as I get in the Mustang all of them disapear.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Out of all the years I have been driving I have only had a hand full of good races were not only was it a close race but the other driver was cool as hell. So just hang in there I am sure one will happen.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:25 PM
Launching!

I have the opposite problem, I'm not one to really race on the street (can't say that I never have, but you'll be hard pressed to get me to), but wherever i go, cars will pace me, fly by, follow me, etc. It gets really annoying after a while.

It seems that when I see another f-body, they always want to race (unless I know the person, I've tried rolling down my window to say "Hey, nice car" or whatever, and get the stare down, not even a nod. I guess I can understand maybe seeing how their car compares, but all the dirty looks I get, you'd think I slept with their sister or something.

Anyway, is there a certain area/street that's known for cruising like on fri/sat nights? There's a street like that here, if you're looking to race, it won't take long to find one. See if you have a local car forum, there may be a whole community of people that you don't know about. Just a couple ideas.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:34 PM
TECH Regular

When I got my toy, I went to the local hangout which happened to be occupied by Rice. After a couple of visits, they started wanting to run. The more of 'em I ran the further the word spread. Soon, the big boys were coming out to play, some from 90 miles away. Now, all of the import guys wanna go out and watch me run whatever shows up. The races are getting less numerous but the competition is much better. I've been racing the Snake every weekend for 17 months now and am seeing some cars guys bought and built just to take me down now. It's kinda fun actually.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wow forgot about this post.
Im a fast driver its kinda my job. sad to say but i deliver pizza's in my camaro. Nothing has ever gone wrong in it. Im approaching 10k since i bought it. So hulen or sonic in plano on tuesdays.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Spenser309
I do not know what it is but everytime i go out to cruise i never see anyone wanting to race. I LIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF DFW. Is there some secret to getting people to race you? Ill take off but they dont even attempt or atleast it doesnt seem like it. Alot of times they will get off the highway and take their 1st right. kinda bugs me. Am i supposed to follow them or just let them go?
Back in the day, Loop 120 and Farmersville RD were the places to run...that was in like 99-00. But the police have really been cracking down in DFW, esp in the inner city areas. I haven't been there in a while, so I am pretty much outta the scene. Plus, being a cop, it is kinda hard (and WRONG) for me to do ANY type of street racing.

There was also a secondary road around Belt Line Dr that was a pretty good spot.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Spenser309
.. sad to say but i deliver pizza's in my camaro. ..
Must be nice. I used to deliver pizzas in a Ford Pinto ... long ago. ... in Killeen TX.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:12 PM
On The Tree

I raced a S4 once, and thats the only race ive ever been in. I got beat because I put it in 4th, should have downshifted to 3rd. I had just gotten the car and wasnt too sure of the ratios. That was just luck that I found him, ive never been good at finding races either. I dont drive aggressively so thats probably a reason why.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

God, i must be lucky. As long as its a fri/sat night, i can usually find a race within 5-10 mins. Half the time, they find me
Old 04-27-2005, 01:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Venkman
God, i must be lucky. As long as its a fri/sat night, i can usually find a race within 5-10 mins. Half the time, they find me

dont take much when i am out either..

you live in DFW?!??

GO TO THE TEXAS SECTION AND MEET UP WITH THE OTHER F-BODIES!!!!