Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'00 T/A vs '99 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 07:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '00 T/A vs '99 Z28

both of us have pretty much the same mods (mine in sig).. the only major difference is that the T/A is A4, and the Z is a M6. oh, and the Z's catback isn't disintegrating due to rust

we raced from a roll on a highway both times, and both times i didnt bother to look at the speed from which we started i think it was 40-ish. argh. iamsickofitall, did you notice the starting speed by any chance?

anyhow

the Z28 kicked my ***. bad.
first time around he gained about a buslength on me within 4 secs, second time around it was a bit closer due to me getting the jump.. but i let off in the end due to my SES light flashing at me.

which brings up a question.. why the hell did my SES light start flashing?? i didnt notice the car driving/feeling any different. and it stopped flashing about 2 - 3 mins after i let off the gas pedal. could it be due to me not having any tuning at all, yet? blah. just wondering wtf happened

anyhow
iamsickofitall: great meeting ya, and hope to meet / run you again sometime, after i get some tuning done

Old 05-11-2005, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

i was wondering if we started at a bad mph for your stall cause i didn't think i'd jump out that fast on ya...the first race was a little below 40 and the second was a little above 40
Old 05-12-2005, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iamsickofitall
i was wondering if we started at a bad mph for your stall cause i didn't think i'd jump out that fast on ya...the first race was a little below 40 and the second was a little above 40
there's no bad mph for the stall - there are no deadspots but!!

I found out what was wrong and why you got buslengths on me.. and why my ses light started flashing =)

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/320859-found-reason-my-misfiring.html <--
to be short, one of my spark plug wires fell off somewhere in the middle of the first race.. i was running on 7 cylinders

thats getting taken care of tomorrow, i need a lift for that damn wire (the furthest one on the passenger's side)

but still getting tuning done at TTP next week.. i hope i'll put up a bit more of a fight next time
Old 05-12-2005, 10:09 PM
12 Second Club

nice death...
Old 05-12-2005, 10:35 PM
TECH Resident

How come I never run into any LS1 enthusiasts around here... all I see are V6 Mustangs and LSx Vettes driven by old hags or cigar smoking grandpas!
Old 05-12-2005, 11:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RahuL
How come I never run into any LS1 enthusiasts around here... all I see are V6 Mustangs and LSx Vettes driven by old hags or cigar smoking grandpas!
yeah you do

you let me test drive your car to see what the stall feels like, remember?
Old 05-12-2005, 11:18 PM
TECH Resident

Talking

Originally Posted by firechicken2k
yeah you do

you let me test drive your car to see what the stall feels like, remember?

oh **** yeah!!... now I remember.. I didn't pay attention to the screen name lol..

Nice mods there... how's it drive ?
Old 05-12-2005, 11:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RahuL
oh **** yeah!!... now I remember.. I didn't pay attention to the screen name lol..

Nice mods there... how's it drive ?
eh, kinda shitty right now!
besides the fact that it only has 7 cylinders right now, i seriously lack a tune
i sometimes die in reverse.. and my shift solenoids are acting up - throw a code saying that they are stuck (due to the stall slipping).. so sometimes it puts me in limp mode when i only have 3rd gear and nothing else
and im also a bit rich due to LT's

oh, and my right tailpipe tip fell off, my stock catback is disintegrating due to rust

the spark plug wire thing is getting care of tomorrow, and the rest at TTP next week (getting TSP rumbler to replace the stock catback) and getting some tuning done for headers & stall

we'll see how it is then.