Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

3 kills in one night

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 01:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 kills in one night

First i saw a 95 supercharged mustang gt on the interstate. He was going the opposite way i wanted to go but i figure how often am i going to get this chance, so i follow him. we are crusin next to each other and i left it in 2nd gear while he downshifted and we took off. It stayed pretty even for the most part, i nudged him in the end of 3rd. We went again this time i downshifted from 3rd to second and i took him by a car. He gave me the thumbs up and turned away, fun kill.

Kill 2 was a short but sweet victory. A Ford Lightning is behind me in a road that murged into 1 lane. He gets on it in an attempt to pass me and fails horrible, i got to my door as i started to pull away.

Kill 3 is the most interesting. Im taking a left turn on to a road thats been paved recently (not realizing there is gravel at the intersection and dirt on the road). I take the left turn and a deer comes prancing by. i go to swerve out of the way missing the deer and by backend gets onthe side of the road in some dirt cuasing it to get sideways and next thing i know im doing a 180 and i see a ditch on the side of the road comming fast. next thing i know im upside down in my car, and i see my friend on the roof crawling out the window. i think i was knocked out for a few seconds being that the t-top had shattered and i think i hit my head. I got out of the car and waited almost 2 hours for a tow truck. Tow truck flipped it over and pulled it out. The car was totaled. Im buying the car back today and putting it in storage for the dream project....a 3rd gen camaro with a m6 ls1. I might swap over all the interior as well. Im either picking up a truck for winter usage or a 3rd gen tomorow....we will see when the real fun can pick up from here.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Holy **** man!!! I'm sorry to hear about all this... yet it sounds like you've turned it into a positive thing which I guess is good. Good luck with insurance, however it turns out.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that 3rd kill sucks should of just hit the deer
Old 05-16-2005, 01:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about that! Let me know if you end up keeping the car and decide of piecing out body or interior parts.

D
Old 05-16-2005, 01:42 PM
Teching In

i bought the car for 12,100 and insurance is giving me 14,400. Buy back is $1000 so i think im doing alright. Ill keep everyone up to date on what i decide to part out.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry man.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:38 PM
Staging Lane

I'd have made that deer the third kill, but that can do a lot of damage as well.

I hit one in my Ford Ranger 4X4 going about 50, busted out the passenger head light, slightly bent the radiator support and pushed the grill in a little. Cost $1800.00 to fix, fortunately I know a guy who does body work so the $1800.00 was actually half price. Those are tough little trucks, when it happened I was convinced it pushed the radiator into the fan but it didn't. I'm just glad the thing didn't join my son and I in the cab of the pickup, that always make a huge mess. Ironically it happened on the return trip from deer hunting where we saw absolutely nothing.

ZcarGuy
Old 05-17-2005, 07:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by shouup
First i saw a 95 supercharged mustang gt on the interstate. He was going the opposite way i wanted to go but i figure how often am i going to get this chance, so i follow him. we are crusin next to each other and i left it in 2nd gear while he downshifted and we took off. It stayed pretty even for the most part, i nudged him in the end of 3rd. We went again this time i downshifted from 3rd to second and i took him by a car. He gave me the thumbs up and turned away, fun kill.

Kill 2 was a short but sweet victory. A Ford Lightning is behind me in a road that murged into 1 lane. He gets on it in an attempt to pass me and fails horrible, i got to my door as i started to pull away.

Kill 3 is the most interesting. Im taking a left turn on to a road thats been paved recently (not realizing there is gravel at the intersection and dirt on the road). I take the left turn and a deer comes prancing by. i go to swerve out of the way missing the deer and by backend gets onthe side of the road in some dirt cuasing it to get sideways and next thing i know im doing a 180 and i see a ditch on the side of the road comming fast. next thing i know im upside down in my car, and i see my friend on the roof crawling out the window. i think i was knocked out for a few seconds being that the t-top had shattered and i think i hit my head. I got out of the car and waited almost 2 hours for a tow truck. Tow truck flipped it over and pulled it out. The car was totaled. Im buying the car back today and putting it in storage for the dream project....a 3rd gen camaro with a m6 ls1. I might swap over all the interior as well. Im either picking up a truck for winter usage or a 3rd gen tomorow....we will see when the real fun can pick up from here.
Man that sux, sorry about your loss, I know how it feel's to loose your car.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:41 PM
Staging Lane

same thing happen to my friend in his wrx rainy day came around a turn and saw a deer, swerved crashed throuhg a live gasline and hit a wall and flipped. Damn deer
Old 05-17-2005, 11:52 PM
Banned

Sorry to hear about that last one, bud. Good luck.