Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Can you admit you were in the wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can you admit you were in the wrong?

I've got a 90 vette Plain Jane as a daily driver. Nothing special except I can remove the roof and get a little fresh air when it's nice. I really enjoy this enough that I might get another vert some day.
I'm cruising past Fort Lewis Washington on I5 last year and I'm listening to tunes and really enjoying the sun and fresh air.
I've got almost a full pack of Clorette's in my chops and jes chewing up a storm.
Cell phone rings and I hesitate a second and **** my head back and
"PATOOIE" straight up in the air with the wad of gum.....
I grab the phone and start to talk when all of a sudden I hear a siren and look up to see red and blue lights in the rear view.

I hang up with Wifey and pull over. I'm thinkin, "Geeze, I wasn't speeding or anything".
The young cop comes up to the car and I've got my license and insurance papers out.

"Say, you mind getting out and coming back to my car" says the cop.

Like I had a choice. I was suprised he was so polite.

When I get back there, he motioned to his windshield and I look to see my big wad of Clorettes jammed up underneath his semi parked windshield wipers.

UGH!!!

He tells me that I have two choices.

I can get something and clean the gum off his car or I can accept a ticket which he would be happy to write.

I go back to the Vette and reach behind the seat and get a rag I have stored.
Getting the gum off wasn't to much of a problem but the stuff is amoung the most sticky on the planet.

Then the guy starts in with his lecture.
Ya know, I was wrong, I admit it. I apologized and still, the guy just harped at me like my X.
I leaned back against his hood and listened noded, agreed and apologized again and then finally he turned me loose.

I couldn't help myself, he pulled out and headed up the freeway to another call..........with my wad of Clorettes stuck to his right headlight.
My Bad!!
Dogtag
Old 05-18-2005, 09:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, but you are a dim one. What if someone spit out a wad at your car? Would YOU enjoy trying to get that s*** off YOUR car?

What if there was a convertible and you hit someone in the face and caused an accident? I see you drive a convertable; what if YOU got hit in the eye with someone's gum wad and f***ing crashed and DIED?

No sympathy here. That cop should have taken out his nightstick and broken your knees.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:34 PM
TECH Resident

that's a funny story man lolll
Old 05-18-2005, 09:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by black_knight
What if someone spit out a wad at your car?
Actually, I just read that when Hollyfield spit a lugie on your GTO, you "went nuts." And a lugie doesn't stick to a car like your wad.

So I guess where I'm going is that that's nothing to be proud of, even if you did outsmart a cop. Please don't do that! We love our cars here and nobody wants a wad on their car because someone is too lazy to spit into a kleenex or just wait until he pulls over.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

what if that was of bubble gum on the headlight caused his light to be partially blocked that night, and he ran over a possum because he couldnt see it?!?!
i guess the environmental protection agency would have his ***
by the way good story
Old 05-18-2005, 09:57 PM
12 Second Club

Old 05-18-2005, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

gee take it easy there chief youve got about the same chances of winning the lotery twice in a row as spitting gum and hitting someone in a convertible in their eye causing them to crash and die....ill bet youve NEVER spit your gum out of your window in your entire lifetime

maybe not the best of moves but im not gonna be a hypocrite and act like ive never done it myself

***not camarodave98 wrong sign in...godspeedgta****
Old 05-18-2005, 11:36 PM
On The Tree

I knew this would get mixed comments but, hey, I report the good with the bad.

I did apologize and cleaned up my mess and learned a lesson but I couldn't let the degrading comments go.
The guy just crossed the line.
I'm pretty surprised how many on the board have never chucked any gum out their windows.

I also admit that this is the wrong forum for this type of post as my Corvette only runs a TPI, not an LS1
Old 05-19-2005, 12:20 AM
Ginger Hater

I find it funny, i probably would have done the same thing if he kept harping on me.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:47 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

it happens. good story as always.

Brad
Old 05-19-2005, 02:06 PM
TECH Junkie

HAHAHA!!! Yet another awesome story... freakin' hilarious! Keep em comin...

Damn, but you are a dim one. What if someone spit out a wad at your car? Would YOU enjoy trying to get that s*** off YOUR car?

What if there was a convertible and you hit someone in the face and caused an accident? I see you drive a convertable; what if YOU got hit in the eye with someone's gum wad and f***ing crashed and DIED?

No sympathy here. That cop should have taken out his nightstick and broken your knees.

Hmm... me thinks you need a chill pill...
Old 05-19-2005, 02:57 PM
TECH Regular

Unless they're 8' tall, they ain't gonna get hit with something in the eye in a vert, especially something as heavy as a wad of gum. Unless of course, it's a old Jeep with the windsheild folded down.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:17 PM
12 Second Club

LOL nice story dogtag haha! I always look to see if you've posted something new in here
Old 05-19-2005, 03:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ooooookkkkkkk.....
Old 05-19-2005, 05:38 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by camarodave98
gee take it easy there chief youve got about the same chances of winning the lotery twice in a row as spitting gum and hitting someone in a convertible in their eye causing them to crash and die....ill bet youve NEVER spit your gum out of your window in your entire lifetime

maybe not the best of moves but im not gonna be a hypocrite and act like ive never done it myself

***not camarodave98 wrong sign in...godspeedgta****
No, I do it at a stoplight or I check my damn mirrors to make sure there is nobody behind me! I bet you would be pretty cheesed off if it was your car that got the gum on it.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:40 PM
12 Second Club

So everyone here that thinks I went too far: If the guy in front of you spit out a wad of gum and it got right on your paint job, how would you feel? What would you do?

Dogtag admittedly "went nuts" when someone hocked a lugie at his car, and a wad of gum is worse than a lugie, IMO.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:59 PM
11 Second Club

I remember when some kid in high school chucked ice out of his cup while driving.. it struck the windshield of another car and cracked it.

Anyone who throws anything from a moving vehcile is an idiot (this is mainly directed at the *** hats who throw their stupid cigeratte butts on the road)

Why can't people just be responsible and take care of their garbage instead of making someone else do it?
Old 05-19-2005, 06:02 PM
Launching!

Wow...So are you saying that in your whole lifetime of driving and chewing gum, you never ever ever spit a wad of gum out the window while driving down the street. Now y do I find that so hard to believe. I'm sorry, but I would bet my left nut that you have. It's a little wad of gum. That is like 1 in a gazillion chance of happening like that. So just chill, it was a good story. It was on his windshield anyway, not his paint job. A cup of i ce would do alot more damage anywhere than a wad of gum.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:35 PM
12 Second Club

People chill.

His story was funny lol, why do you people get so worked up over this?

I'm in the law enforcment profession and I still find his story hilarious. Chill guys.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:38 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 97SprChrgd383
Wow...So are you saying that in your whole lifetime of driving and chewing gum, you never ever ever spit a wad of gum out the window while driving down the street. Now y do I find that so hard to believe. I'm sorry, but I would bet my left nut that you have. It's a little wad of gum. That is like 1 in a gazillion chance of happening like that. So just chill, it was a good story. It was on his windshield anyway, not his paint job. A cup of i ce would do alot more damage anywhere than a wad of gum.
I didn't say that. I said I check my mirrors or do it at a stoplight.