Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ls1 Vs Nasty Srt-4

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 10:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 Vs Nasty Srt-4

Ran yet another SRT-4 thursday night on the DP bridge.I have to give him a big thumbs-UP! It was around 11:00-11:30ish on the DP bridge going towards the beaches...we got 2 pulls in, there was a little traffic so it was hard to get a good straigh shot...Well im not sure if this is the same SRT-4 or not as in my last thread, because it happened around the same area, and the Neon was black so it may be, but the exception is this car in no way, shape, or form sounded or moved like the one i ran a couple weeks ago, it sounded nasty!...this guy actually wanted a higher roll then before i know in every turbo import i've owned including my talon, a 40 mph roll was always the sweet spot. If im not mistaken we went from like 50-55mph roll. Well didn't bother me one bit, this is what happened...

1st- I honked and i jumped a bit early, pulled away felt bad so i knew i had to give him another shot...

2nd- He honked and I took the lead about 1 car out when I heard his turbo spool up...man I never heard a SRT sound like that before, definitely nasty! He hung on my rear bumper 2nd, 3rd and a bit of 4th until top of 4th I started pulling away and probably had a couple of cars on him by the end of 4th...didn't sound like he was getting boost till probably 4500-5000...for a second there I thought he was gonna pull me...What's up with all the SRT's around lately? I've been seing a $hit load of them
Old 05-24-2005, 11:00 AM
TECH Regular

Nice run. The skittles is getting meaner these days.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:16 AM
TECH Resident

good job!

Those srt-4s are cheap and there's lots of power options from mopar.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:58 PM
Staging Lane

good Kill buddy. yeah, you have to watch out for some of them, they have some really fast ones.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by KingLS1
Ran yet another SRT-4 thursday night on the DP bridge.I have to give him a big thumbs-UP! It was around 11:00-11:30ish on the DP bridge going towards the beaches...we got 2 pulls in, there was a little traffic so it was hard to get a good straigh shot...Well im not sure if this is the same SRT-4 or not as in my last thread, because it happened around the same area, and the Neon was black so it may be, but the exception is this car in no way, shape, or form sounded or moved like the one i ran a couple weeks ago, it sounded nasty!...this guy actually wanted a higher roll then before i know in every turbo import i've owned including my talon, a 40 mph roll was always the sweet spot. If im not mistaken we went from like 50-55mph roll. Well didn't bother me one bit, this is what happened...

1st- I honked and i jumped a bit early, pulled away felt bad so i knew i had to give him another shot...

2nd- He honked and I took the lead about 1 car out when I heard his turbo spool up...man I never heard a SRT sound like that before, definitely nasty! He hung on my rear bumper 2nd, 3rd and a bit of 4th until top of 4th I started pulling away and probably had a couple of cars on him by the end of 4th...didn't sound like he was getting boost till probably 4500-5000...for a second there I thought he was gonna pull me...What's up with all the SRT's around lately? I've been seing a $hit load of them
Good kill. Why are you seeing a s**t load of them?? You can get one for about 18K these days. One of the best bang for buck vehicles out there. Stock you get a low 14, high 13 sec car.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:56 AM
Teching In

are you sure it was the srt-4 you heard or someone weedeating on the side of the road?
Old 05-25-2005, 01:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cornbread23
are you sure it was the srt-4 you heard or someone weedeating on the side of the road?
blowing a plastic whistle while weedeating.
j/k. srt-4's can be damn sweet.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cornbread23
lol, what was i thinking? are srt-4's really high 13-low 14 sec cars? I drove my buddies a couple months ago and in my .02 it was pretty slow...i mean i know what a 13sec car feels like, and to me i figured maybe high 14's at best...car felt like about a stock GS-T, and those are around 210hp...what is the rating on them like 225-230?
Old 05-25-2005, 05:28 PM
12 Second Club

lol, what was i thinking? are srt-4's really high 13-low 14 sec cars? I drove my buddies a couple months ago and in my .02 it was pretty slow...i mean i know what a 13sec car feels like, and to me i figured maybe high 14's at best...car felt like about a stock GS-T, and those are around 210hp...what is the rating on them like 225-230?
i have an 11 sec trans am ws6 and a stock srt-4 that runs a 14.5 at 2700 foot level. the car dynos at 250 whp. i dont know what was wrong with your buddies car but i think it had alot to do with the driver.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:37 PM
On The Tree

I raced a silver SRT (goes by MMMMMMYFAULT) one night running some upgrades with a 75 or 100 shot (not sure which). It was definitely quick but with the front wheel drive it caused him to change lanes due to torque steer. I thought he did it on purpose but later found out it wasn't. They are a good buy IMO as far as bang for the buck but I don't think I could deal with FWD.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:07 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by KITT
good Kill buddy. yeah, you have to watch out for some of them, they have some really fast ones.
srt's are fast and they are only getting faster, except for the one that KITT has j/k
Old 05-26-2005, 04:58 AM
TECH Addict

Nice Kill

I have not had a SRT-4 want to run me for over a year and the last time the guy couldn't drive for ****. Some of you guys must live in a sweet area where you can get some street racing in without any worries.

I think the FWD and AWD just feel a bit different when accelerating compared to a RWD. I love how a RWD feels.

EX. I have had a 2004 Audi S4 a few times for about 6 weeks now and it is the one with 300+ HP and a V8. When I accelerate in this car it does not feel the same as my WS6 and I know it is a mid 13 second car. The WS6 just feels faster.

Originally Posted by viper1
I raced a silver SRT (goes by MMMMMMYFAULT) one night running some upgrades with a 75 or 100 shot (not sure which). It was definitely quick but with the front wheel drive it caused him to change lanes due to torque steer. I thought he did it on purpose but later found out it wasn't. They are a good buy IMO as far as bang for the buck but I don't think I could deal with FWD.

That dude is cool. Started going to SRTFORUMS after he showed up here as 'MYFAULT' and then after being banned 5 times (M then MM then MMM...).
Old 05-26-2005, 07:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

i raced my buddies neon last night on the street for the first time since last summer at woodward......from 40 to 80 i had a couple car lengths on him last time, this time we went from 30 and i spun my drs till about 40 while he jumped out ahead, but by the time we hit 80 i was a couple lengths ahead......the difference is, this year i upgraded my stock stall to a ssf 4200, and he's done a few small things here and there...that car feels so quick too, cuz it's so small and has a short throw 5 speed......
these limited edition ones were just annouced:
Old 05-27-2005, 07:46 AM
Teching In

humm, i have heard the stage 2 srt's are in the 13's, i have not heard that about the stock ones though...or the "stage 1" ...anyways 1fstbird, i dont think it had much to do with the driver considering i ran a better time in his car then he did...but maybe your right, maybe i just cant drive thats why i ran a better time then he did and he drives the car every day...lmfao i dont know why your upset if what i guessed the srt would run is about what you ran...i stated "high 14's at best" and you ran a 14.5...well if im correct a 14.7-14.8 could be considered a high 14 right? Man i was 3 tenths off But wait ill even give you your "2700ft elevation" that is a bout .1-.2 if your lucky...i was stationed in Colorado for 2 years, the elevation there is 6700ft at the drag strip, and in both of my turbo cars i went .3 faster here at sea level...elevation does not effect turbo cars like it does NA cars...
Old 05-27-2005, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

humm, i have heard the stage 2 srt's are in the 13's, i have not heard that about the stock ones though...or the "stage 1" ...anyways 1fstbird, i dont think it had much to do with the driver considering i ran a better time in his car then he did...but maybe your right, maybe i just cant drive thats why i ran a better time then he did and he drives the car every day...lmfao i dont know why your upset if what i guessed the srt would run is about what you ran...i stated "high 14's at best" and you ran a 14.5...well if im correct a 14.7-14.8 could be considered a high 14 right? Man i was 3 tenths off But wait ill even give you your "2700ft elevation" that is a bout .1-.2 if your lucky...i was stationed in Colorado for 2 years, the elevation there is 6700ft at the drag strip, and in both of my turbo cars i went .3 faster here at sea level...elevation does not effect turbo cars like it does NA cars...
there are tons of stock turbo neons in the 12s, ......most bone stock srt4s are a heck of a lot faster than mid 14s, they usually run really high 13s to really low 14s, depending on the driver......
Old 05-27-2005, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1fstbird
i have an 11 sec trans am ws6 and a stock srt-4 that runs a 14.5 at 2700 foot level. the car dynos at 250 whp. i dont know what was wrong with your buddies car but i think it had alot to do with the driver.
250 whp on a stock srt-4? I need to get one of those
Old 05-27-2005, 05:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by calz28
srt's are fast and they are only getting faster, except for the one that KITT has j/k
lol........ good one........i think I have to put 2 motors in my car...

From what I have read and all the people I talk to with neons, I know that the average SRT's come with about 230whp (not including the Factory freaks) and 250 torque. with a average driver you can pull off 14.2 all day, and with a good driver you can get at best 13.7, and thats straight out the cereal box...... with my set up (stage 1), and some bald crappy tires, I easily run 13.6, at 106mph and thats with a 2.4 60ft... never had a chance to get used to the track.. my brother has the same set up but 18" wheels and he pulled off a 13.3 with a 2.2 60ft.

Hopefully this helped.........
Old 05-29-2005, 11:55 PM
Staging Lane

humm, i have heard the stage 2 srt's are in the 13's, i have not heard that about the stock ones though...or the "stage 1" ...
FYI, there are plenty of stock SRTs in the 13s. Most will run low 14s @ 99ish. The fastest stock SRT I have personally seen ran 13.9 @ 102. The fastest I've heard of on the net ran 13.7 @ 102 and the fastest mag time I've read ran 13.9 @ 103 (that mph is impressive, because we all know mag drivers aren't always the best....)

Here's the article....13.9 @ 103:

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=1

BTW, my best time to date is 12.8 @ 108.8 on a 1.88 60 ft

Mods on that run:

Stage 2
2.5" DP/Cat-back
Intake
Slicks

I have now added a FMIC and ordered a 60mm TB.... hopefully when the weather cools, it'll put me around 12.6 @ 111.... I think a new clutch should be added to the list..

See ya,

M

Last edited by 1sweet00SS; 05-30-2005 at 12:02 AM.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:44 PM
Staging Lane

Default srt 4

hes right those ******* are pretty fast i got eaten alive by one i know of and never fucked wit one ever again.......and good news ls1 is in the near future
Old 05-31-2005, 08:54 AM
Teching In

i still have respect for them, i am in import man as well i own 2 imports...just mitsu's...but love the ls1's...hehe there's just something about the V8 tq...anyways well i sure would love to know what that dude had then, cause if stock ones run low 14's, he was definitely modded...very nice nonetheless...