Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

So this eclipse wants to race...???

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 02:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So this eclipse wants to race...???

Hey my girlfriend's friend's boyfriend (who I hate and tried to fight before b/c he is bitch) has a late 90's eclipse a.k.a. has an exhaust, a turbo and intercooler and told his girlfriend to tell my girlfriend that he wants to race because he said "we have around the same power." He wants to race from a roll on the highway because he says he "doesn't get enough traction from a stop" (I am thinking turbo lag is the reason but who knows) and I have a 2000 SS M6 that is basically stock other than free mods and a short shifter. What do you guys think from the information I have given you? I thought the last place he should want to race is the highway but I don't know...it is imperative that I win..if I don't he will think imports rule and it will give him a big head and will lead to a severe brutal beat down on his part....so to race or not to race?? has anyone been beat by eclipses? that would have to be one fast elipse??which is what I am thinking he doesn't have? And he is running on stock rims and weak *** tires (not a GSX either)...........
Old 05-26-2005, 03:26 AM
Banned

what turbo, what psi, is his motor built? what other supporting mods? you give very few details on his car. we need more info.

Nate
Old 05-26-2005, 03:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm assuming it's a GS-T then, still FWD so he thinks he has to much power. You should destroy the idiot, just make sure he is pretty much stock. They can be pretty fast but it takes some work. He's either boosting up or doesn't know much about LS1's. Most likely the 2nd option.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:48 AM
11 Second Club

Blow his doors off!
Old 05-26-2005, 03:56 AM
12 Second Club

i raced one while i was driving through louisiana, we ran from a 75-80 mph roll, the first run i underestimated him dropped it into 4th and he got the jump and got in front of me till about 125 then i started to reel him, the second run i wised up and dropped it into 3rd and pulled on him and kept going, i got him by 3 or more cars by the end of 140, we pulled over and he told me he had all internals and a bigger turbo, so who knows?, but i ran him at the time i really i mean REALLY sucked at shifting, so you should be o.k., if you run any where under 60 drop it into 2nd and you should be fine, but always powershift

edit: oh yeah, tell him he's gay and to stop lying, he doesn't have the same hp, good night every one
Old 05-26-2005, 07:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Let us know how it goes.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:40 AM
Banned

find out more about his mods. a guy i know has a GS-t. he has turbo back exhaust, hardpipe, downpipe, FMIC, all the boost control things like timer and regulator and fuel pressure regulator, pretty much everything except for upgraded turbo. he gave a SC 02 GT a run for his money so you should beat him but u never know
Old 05-26-2005, 12:10 PM
Teching In

If you could get the specific mods it would be a lot easier to help you out. Let us know what happens either way. Just don't underestimate him, GS-T's suck but it is possible to run 'em pretty hard.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

HAH! Oh my god, it's funny you posted this.
My g\f was driving my car, and a guy in a turbo eclispe raced her from a dead stop on the freeway. It went like this, launch, another ricer death.
I dont really care what he has done to that car,you are going to suck his doors off. tell him to enjoy the *** end of your car. cause that's all he is going to see.
When you hit a tall gear (i dont have an m6, so i'm going to guess 4th?), roll down your window, hang out the car (while driving with your knee), and "row the boat". so to speak.
That will **** off ANY ricer. I do it all the time (easier for me, as i'm an auto. that makes em even madder). cause i row from the get go.
Kill this douche bag, get it on tape and show it to his g\f to show to his friends. Make sure you get "we have the same power" statement on it.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If it is a gs-t (fwd) and he has a big turbo running hefty boost with the internals to hold it it should be a good race. If it is a gsx (awd) and he has a big turbo running insane boost with a fully built block and probably a bit of gas it should be a good race. Otherwise from highway speeds your going to murder it. Now from a dig a gsx with even a moderate turbo upgrade can be a PITA.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

I ran one last week with a t-25 turbo on it and i spun through 1st and second is bearly pulling so it was slipping the whole time and i still won. Death to the DSM, you got the win light even before the race starts.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:59 AM
12 Second Club

t-25 is the stock turbo for 2gen eclipses, if he has a bigger turbo with freeflowing exhaust and tuned properly it should be more than a PITA for a stock SS, and if he can drive the car. am still think the ss will edge it out cause if the cars a gst it will have traction issues.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by KCamaro
If it is a gs-t (fwd) and he has a big turbo running hefty boost with the internals to hold it it should be a good race. If it is a gsx (awd) and he has a big turbo running insane boost with a fully built block and probably a bit of gas it should be a good race. Otherwise from highway speeds your going to murder it. Now from a dig a gsx with even a moderate turbo upgrade can be a PITA.
A 4G63 (gs-t, gsx, evo) is good for just north of 500hp without any internal work. any of those cars with simple mods, turbo back, bc, etc with stock turbo can break 12s/
Old 05-27-2005, 02:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

my brother raced one in his auto lt1 (intake/exhaust), but this eclipse was a mid 90s model, GSX ...the guy had exhaust, and a bunch of little gauges on the a-pillar,got next to him and tried to rev at him. then the eclipse floored it and my brother noticed it. next thing i see the guy in the eclipse waves bye bye at my bro then he floors it and blows the doors off of that eclipse. that guy thought he was faster than ****--i woulda liked to see the look on his face
show love for the lt1s, for being faster than most people think
Old 05-28-2005, 10:18 PM
Launching!

All you guys and your fancy numbers, take it easy - the guy probably wont show up. He just wanted to say he was gonna street race in front of two good lookin ladies!! everybody here knows the type, he probably went home watched Fast and The Furious and got it out of his system.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ummm... if he's making the same power as you are (assuming he knows you have 350 HP)... you're ******* dead.

Also... how would turbo lag be the reason he has no traction from a stop?
Old 05-31-2005, 02:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

yea thats hilarious, i raced a gsx from a stop, the guy told me he had intake, exhaust, cam gears, and some other **** and i was in my 94 lt1 A4 with 2.73's CAI and cat back and had about 2 carlengths on him by the time i shifted out of first gear
Old 05-31-2005, 09:02 AM
12 Second Club

If he really has thee same amount of power as you it will be a very good race. But if hes stock you will kill him. I would say find out what hes got done like size of the turbo and all of that. If hes got a lot done just tell him, I dont want to waste my time on you. Just to prevent the possible embarssment.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:34 AM
Z00
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Velocity
Also... how would turbo lag be the reason he has no traction from a stop?
He meant that the eclipse probably wanted to go from a roll due to the turbo lag and the no traction was a bs excuse.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:12 PM
Banned

I dont know about this "smoke him, screw what he has!!!" I raced one in Austin a couple of months ago, and he embarrased my ***. We went from a 25 to 140 roll and he put around 10 on me. He was a 97 GS-T pushing 22 pounds, spraying, on racegas, and nice slicks out front. Worst part was, my ricer buddy was with me and I still havnt heard the end of it.