Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Porsche's just for dicks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 12:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche's just for dicks?

So, I'm coming off the freeway, minding my own business in my TA. I'm not even driving aggressive or anything. All of a sudden, these bubbly headlights come charging up behind me and ride my *** off the off-ramp. I figure it's a Porsche, because it looks like a VW Bug, but too low.

So, when I go to make a right turn on to the street, the Porsche decides to get frisky. I actually decide to keep it cool, because I don't know if he's just a fast-driving-******** (we've got a lot in OC) or if he really wants to play. Plus, I want to see exactly what I'm up against.

He gets ahead of me and I see it's a Carrerra and I'm thinking "whatever".

Then, he decides to get silly and winds his car up. I'm thinking... okay, let's rock and roll. So, I step on it. We're going at about the same speed (even though he had the jump), with me slowly creeping, until I decide to flick off the silly traction control. Then the car lit up like a roman candle, downshifted (which is odd, because switching the TC normally doesn't affect the shifts) and I blasted past him. I had 2 cars in a blink (actually caught me off guard to tell you the truth).

Once he catches up at the light, he turns right and yells, "Why don't you buy a REAL CAR dick!?"

Now, I'm thinking... "bolt-on F-body takes stock Porsche Carrerra on impromptu street with bend" constitutes "real car".

At least that's what I think...
Old 06-09-2005, 02:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow, what a fuggin' tool. I woulda yelled "Who just pulled who?"

Don't worry: he's just pissed because his 3 hoe's like him for his Porsche and not his 3" hotdog.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TransAm52804
Wow, what a fuggin' tool. I woulda yelled "Who just pulled who?"

Don't worry: he's just pissed because his 3 hoe's like him for his Porsche and not his 3" hotdog.

3" isn't a hot dog....it's a Vienna Sausage! a hot dog would be a compliment, LOL!!
Old 06-09-2005, 06:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TransAm52804
Old 06-09-2005, 09:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BOBA_VETT
(we've got a lot in OC)
Which OC are you in?
Old 06-09-2005, 09:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Don't worry, very common. I have had One Carrera owner tell me I am number one with his middle Finger after he got druuuuggg from a dig when I was just a bolt on car. Then just a couple of days ago I had a MB SL500 owner tell me I am number one after I donkey punched his *** with his girl in the car after he kept goosing his car next to me on the highway then after his rapping proceeded to top out his car and nearly loose control changing lanes I was hopeing Dwarnism was gonna come into play
Old 06-09-2005, 01:22 PM
TECH Regular

Yesterday, driving to the house in a pouring rain, I had a newer Carrera come flying up beside me. I was at 80, with the rain tires on, when he came up and I just shook my head at him and went on.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:14 PM
Staging Lane

In the guys terms what would a real car be.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ivans02ss
In the guys terms what would a real car be.
something he paid WAAAYYYY to much for
Old 06-09-2005, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Porsche's just for dicks?
Nope...they're for pussies.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:04 AM
Launching!

OC = SoCal Orange County

Yeah, he was one of our classic ****** that we have down here. I could see if I was hot-rodding around and drew attention to myself, but I really was grandma'n it around until he decided to "show me" what a "real car" was like.

I'm sure he'll now go back to dealer, turn his lease in and see if the little "S" at the end of that Carrerra will help him beat a "fake car"
Old 06-10-2005, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cali is so full of them that they're overflowing into our state, thanx alot. Please take them back.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:09 PM
12 Second Club

What a ********. I would have told him:

"Hey hotshot, I hope you kept your reciept. Maybe you can get your money back."

Great story. Unless it says 'turbo' on the back, I don't even bother with it.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

OC = SoCal Orange County
Been coming across many silver ones, do they paint them any other color? Seen lots of AMG's also the last two weeks in the Irvine/Lake Forest area. Time to start throwing revs.
My coworker with a '05 M3 was bragging how he beat down a Carrerra. Sounded like some kinda German version of a ricer fly-by. Told him to line up and that I'll be looking for him. Didn't take the bait ... BMW uber ales!
Old 06-11-2005, 12:54 AM
10 Second Club

So, I'm coming off the freeway, minding my own business in my TA. I'm not even driving aggressive or anything. All of a sudden, these bubbly headlights come charging up behind me and ride my *** off the off-ramp. I figure it's a Porsche, because it looks like a VW Bug, but too low.

So, when I go to make a right turn on to the street, the Porsche decides to get frisky. I actually decide to keep it cool, because I don't know if he's just a fast-driving-******** (we've got a lot in OC) or if he really wants to play. Plus, I want to see exactly what I'm up against.

He gets ahead of me and I see it's a Carrerra and I'm thinking "whatever".

Then, he decides to get silly and winds his car up. I'm thinking... okay, let's rock and roll. So, I step on it. We're going at about the same speed (even though he had the jump), with me slowly creeping, until I decide to flick off the silly traction control. Then the car lit up like a roman candle, downshifted (which is odd, because switching the TC normally doesn't affect the shifts) and I blasted past him. I had 2 cars in a blink (actually caught me off guard to tell you the truth).

Once he catches up at the light, he turns right and yells, "Why don't you buy a REAL CAR dick!?"

Now, I'm thinking... "bolt-on F-body takes stock Porsche Carrerra on impromptu street with bend" constitutes "real car".

At least that's what I think...
**** that guy, as far as I'm concerned I'd say your driving quite the sick ride. Now he can't justify buying a foreign piece of **** and getting whooped by a less expensive (obviously faster) american muscle car....... What a piece of ****. The next time I see a Porsche, I'm gonna be all over his **** showing him his car is weak!!!! (it would be funny if I get my *** handed to me Unlikely I think)
Old 06-11-2005, 12:57 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
Yesterday, driving to the house in a pouring rain, I had a newer Carrera come flying up beside me. I was at 80, with the rain tires on, when he came up and I just shook my head at him and went on.
Good man. BTW, we still need to meet up and get some racing done!!! Good times!!!!
Old 06-11-2005, 11:47 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by unit213
Nope...they're for pussies.
If had the money I would buy one. Im kind of partial to the GT2 453hp twin turbo then upgrade them. But I would also have a 10 sec vette in the Garage sitting next to it.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:55 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FutureFbodowner
If had the money I would buy one. Im kind of partial to the GT2 453hp twin turbo then upgrade them. But I would also have a 10 sec vette in the Garage sitting next to it.
It was a joke.
Old 06-11-2005, 01:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by unit213
It was a joke.
i know
Old 06-11-2005, 02:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They just hate to lose to American muscle. Especially when we are cheaper.