Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My 99 Trans Am vs. Civic Hatchback

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 04:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 99 Trans Am vs. Civic Hatchback(with nitrous)

Well me and a couple of my friends were hanging out in town tonight. There were a couple ricers around. One of the guys came up and asked us if we wanted to race. We all headed far away and went to our racing spot. Well my buddy raced first 96 gt mustang (5-speed, heads, full exhaust, 373s, and crappy tires). They ran and the civic ended up ahead by about a car, although my friend had no traction, spun even in third and he can drive very well. We were definately shocked by this. There was no turbo either. So I went and got my trans am(mods in sig) the first race i spun some off the line and he jumped like a car ahead of me. I reeled him in and by the end I was ahead by about a half of car. So they want to run again. We line up, pretty much the same thing except i miss third. so we line up again. Well this time he pulls on me out of the hole by like 2 cars. i was like wtf,(sounded like he had nitrous) and then he slowed down to a stop. Well come to find out he did have nitrous(unknown shot) and he blew his engine LOL. when he had his hood up all I could see was headers and intake. they said it was a 2001 crv engine. plus i am sure they had the car gutted. so technically i won because the only race we both finished i won, but i know if he wouldnt have blown his engine he would have beat me by about a car. im not that disappointed because the only performance mods on my car are slp lid and magnaflow exhaust. the susp doesnt help out that much with traction and neither does the tires because i still spin. its ok though tomorrow im installing 4.10 gears

ps: they ended up towing it back with another civic hatchback LOL, silly ricers.....3 runs on the engine and its blown....not worth it to me.....

Last edited by bowtieforpower; 06-20-2005 at 08:01 PM.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:44 AM
Launching!

Nice.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That sounds like fun. I really wouldn't mind doping up a civic and seeing how far she would go.
Old 06-18-2005, 05:41 PM
On The Tree

just installed the 4.10 gears today im going to go see if i can find those guys again tonight. the other 2 civics that were with the other guy who blew his engine said that they had the same things done to them. i believe with these gears i will take them
Old 06-18-2005, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

If your bud in the stang is spinnin them in third wouldnt he rape both of you on the highway? 3rd gear spin when tryinm to get traction is alot of power. GL man

John
Old 06-19-2005, 06:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99SS-T
If your bud in the stang is spinnin them in third wouldnt he rape both of you on the highway? 3rd gear spin when tryinm to get traction is alot of power. GL man

John
No. I walk on him on the highway. Spinning in third doesnt always mean tons of horsepower. He has crappy used 245 tires. Thats the main reason. His car is decently fast but I beat off the line and from a roll, and I just installed 4.10 gears today so I will beat him even more now.
Old 06-19-2005, 12:04 PM
Teching In

so technically i won because the only race we both finished i won, but i know if he wouldnt have blown his engine he would have beat me by about a car.
What do you mean by this statement?
Old 06-19-2005, 01:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PDQ67SS
so technically i won because the only race we both finished i won, but i know if he wouldnt have blown his engine he would have beat me by about a car.
What do you mean by this statement?
it means exactly what it says. Technically, I won for the night because we raced 3 times but only finished 1 race. The first race I won. The second race I missed third, and the third race he blew his engine. So I was saying the only real race that we finished, I won.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:34 PM
NKAWTG...N

how do you hear nitrous? but nice races.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by stoleit
how do you hear nitrous? but nice races.

you hear nitrous when the engine revs abnormally fast and high. If you listen to a car at wot without nitrous, then hear one with it, you will know what I mean. trust me you can tell.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't feel bad because you almost got beat by a car that was modded so hard it literally exploded. Nice kill...
Old 06-20-2005, 04:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bowtieforpower
it means exactly what it says. Technically, I won for the night because we raced 3 times but only finished 1 race. The first race I won. The second race I missed third, and the third race he blew his engine. So I was saying the only real race that we finished, I won.
If you missed third it doesn't mean the race is over it means you get it back in gear and finish. If it's your mistake then you lost. You can still finish if you miss a gear. Not trying to be mean but it sounds more like you definately need to find this guy or his friends and win, because you know these guys are probably saying that they won one and lost one to a modded T/A.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 6SpeedWS6Formula
If you missed third it doesn't mean the race is over it means you get it back in gear and finish. If it's your mistake then you lost. You can still finish if you miss a gear. Not trying to be mean but it sounds more like you definately need to find this guy or his friends and win, because you know these guys are probably saying that they won one and lost one to a modded T/A.
i know exactly what you mean. i agree with you. i did get beat when i missed third. i just said the only raced we both finished well, i won. but yea im sure they are talking about it to their friends. but thats ok, if i see them again i will race them and beat them, especially since i have my 4.10 gears now. they pull like a *****......its awesome.... and on another note, i dont feel bad because the only performance mods i had when i raced was a diablo, slp lid, and magnaflow. thats worth what about 15 hp at the wheels or so? not too much. his car had way more stuff than mine did. my suspension/tires didnt help me that much because i spun a some anyways. he got some good traction. plus he was spraying out of the hole. i got it on video, but its dark and hard to see. i will see if i can burn it to a cd and send it to whoever wants it.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

OH I ALMOST FORGOT!!!!! THe best quote I heard in a while came from the dude driving the civic. Me: " What happened?" Him: "I think I messed up my engine" Me: "You were spraying huh" Him: (smiles) "Yea the first time it was not working right" .....he pops his hood and trys looking at the engine........Him: "its a 2001 crv engine" Me: "Cool."(laughing inside my head)......i look inside my car for my mag light which i couldnt find.....made me mad because i knew i had put it in there......i go back to him...Him: "I think its the spark plugs.....I hear a lot of knocking in my engine" this is where i almost laughed out loud, but i held it in...Me: " that sucks man" .....it was classic.

Last edited by bowtieforpower; 06-20-2005 at 08:02 PM.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 6SpeedWS6Formula
If you call the missed gear a loss, you gotta call the blown engine a win. By my math that's two to one for the T/A.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sinner
If you call the missed gear a loss, you gotta call the blown engine a win. By my math that's two to one for the T/A.

that a good point....i didnt think of that.