Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ANyone ever get "set up" by police?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 11:57 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default ANyone ever get "set up" by police?

Was out last night (Sunday, not a big race night at all). An unfamilia IROC, nice looking/drag radials/TorqueThrust rims/clean. He wants to race my car particularly (only fast one in the parking lot). I of course agree, and one of his passengers wants to ride in my GTO while I go get gas (I agree, unusual for this to happen around here, plus I don't like giving dudes rides!) We go to the spot, have a friend trip the light. My radar intermittently goes off, I see a late model impala drive by ad apparently keep on going, so I don't get too nervous. Finally the IROC come up and pulls over, the light trips, I pull out in my lane. The IROC is still on the side (in a right turn lane). He pulls up next to me and I tell him he is in the wrong lane, and he has to get on teh other side of me. He tells me he will just race in that lane (the right turn only lane, which becomes the shoulder of the road directly past the light). I tell him "No way, back up and get over"...I didn't want dust and stones spinning everywhere from his tires, and didn't want him to loose control and spin out with all the debris on the road. The light turned green, I go straight slowly, he follows. The cars that were on the side of the road got a little frisky with each other, and once we turned around a V6 firebird and Cavalier decided to race from a 10 mph roll....they got busted. Two unmarked state police cars, and then two more came. Handcuffed on the side of the road, others in teh car, both drivers (one 18 year old boy, and 20 year old girl) got speed contest tickets (8 point misdemeanor tickets around here). The IROC disappeared, then drove by about an hour later, but did not come in. Seems awfully coincidental that some out of towners came up to race me specifically, screwed up the light so bad, and then the cops magically appear on a Sunday, when no one ever races. Either he is informing for the cops OR he unwittingly saved me from a ticket with his stupidity.

Anyone else ever have this happen?
Old 06-27-2005, 12:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We've had an SUV show up and follow everybody out to watch and the cops magically appeared both times, 10 miles out in the boonies! Luckily, we were just standing around by the road and not running while we waited for some other cars to show both times so they came up empty.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

My friend, God was smiling on your *** BIG time. I wouldnt doubt the iroc was in on it. That is big time BS. I bet it would have been alot worse if you had gone as you would have been doing WELL over 100 unline the little 4 bangers that prolly got caught goin 50. Poor *****. GJ on the not getting arrested!!

John
Old 06-27-2005, 02:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

i would just like to find a good place to race in fort wayne. there are a bunch of dumbazz's that want to race around the mall, but i dont even waste my time.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:53 PM
TECH Junkie

They better not try that **** on me because... Well... *sigh* they'd probably catch me easily.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

thats some BS, the guy in the IROC is a biotch
Old 06-27-2005, 05:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
We've had an SUV show up and follow everybody out to watch and the cops magically appeared both times, 10 miles out in the boonies! Luckily, we were just standing around by the road and not running while we waited for some other cars to show both times so they came up empty.
I'm a cop.

Old 06-27-2005, 09:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cops are freakin gay, spend too much time busting speeders and street racers that dont hurt anyone unless they're drunk when they should be out busting the drug dealers and murderers. Law enforcement is a joke in almost every nook and cranny of this country
Old 06-27-2005, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

the county had a black B4C they used to come out in. it had the little red and blue light kit that clips on the sun visor. almost got me.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea the town I live in just bought like a 02 or 03 mustang only problem is the cops that drive around in it are in uniform and its got municipal plates on it. They arent fooling me!
Old 06-27-2005, 11:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, where I live there was a kid that just happened to pop up one summer with a Z06 that had Michigan tags on it. Every time we would go out somewhere, the cops would somehow get called on us. We were always one up on them cause a friend had a police scanner with all the local frequencies. We were always gone before they even got there. We raced a lot of times down the road beside the Morgan-McClure Motorsports complex in Abingdon, Va. Had to get out of there quick, cause there was only one exit and if the po-po got there first, you were stuck.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:19 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Luna
Yea the town I live in just bought like a 02 or 03 mustang only problem is the cops that drive around in it are in uniform and its got municipal plates on it. They arent fooling me!
What town do you live in so when I am around there I dont get busted ?
Old 06-28-2005, 06:14 AM
12 Second Club

Nope iroc wasnt in on it if he was it is illegal!! cops are not allowed to instagate racing! just like there not allowed to park there cars behind bushes or billboards on the side of the road there not allowed to hide from you.. they try to get away with alot of ****! ********.... but soon as i get outta the army im going CHP! and ill tell you guys all the trix of the trade.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

In florida, we have a spot that just crawls with cops. They have their unmarked tahoe and a jeep, and probably have a couple people in the "crowd". I've actually taken my plate off and put it in my back window, and take it down when I see any video camera. But since the place is 90% ricers anyway, its the ones who are acting stupid that usually get busted. Some of the ricers even though I was an undercover cop. Sheeesh. I stopped racing there a lot, and usually go just to watch. I know my escape routes well though.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:05 PM
TECH Resident

I'm not sure of the technicality/legality behind it, but that sounds like entrapment to me.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey LUNA, what do you think COPS do in Chicago?

Answer: "bust the drug dealers and murderers"
Old 06-28-2005, 04:41 PM
TECH Resident

in Troy Michigan the cops have a ls1 z28 with police badging only on the passenger side and no exterior lights. well that ******* will pull up next on I-75 to your passenger side so you cant see his badging with no cop hat on and sleeves rolled up and instagate a race then pull you over.

remember this; that drug and traffic enforcement are one of the few ways that the police and cities make real revenue besides taxes so they will do what they can to keap getting that revenue legally or not, until a judge tells them to stop and even then who goes to jail for it.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JBGRAYTA
But since the place is 90% ricers anyway, its the ones who are acting stupid that usually get busted. Some of the ricers even though I was an undercover cop. Sheeesh. I stopped racing there a lot, and usually go just to watch. I know my escape routes well though.
not to be a dick, but its hard to understand what you mean in the second sentence....

in illinois there are a few ls1 state troopers my dad has seen them pull people over before, he said it was all black, tinted windows and once they start to race he pulls people over. they had some other ls1 cop cars that were just unmarked, no badges, but a huge antenna kinda gives it away
Old 06-29-2005, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They say it isn't entrapment because you still choose to race, they aren't making you. We have a ton of undercovers here in Phx. Theres even a few riced out civics.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:37 PM
TECH Resident

call me crazy but i would think they should enforce the law and not fead on peoples weakness's by introducing a situation to someone hopeing that the person is weak enough to fall for it then bust them in the name of justice.
im not talkin **** to ya just being sarcastic and i can see where their coming from because they do the same thing with undercover hookers and dope dealers. i just dont think its right.