Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

And 1

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 11:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And 1

I finally got my 1st kill, , ok i was goin to advance auto to get an application, im only 16 so im not a loser lol, but i pull up to a light n im sitting there for a second and this neon srt-4 pulls up next to me, i give him a rev to see if he wants to go. The light turns green n i give him the jump to see if he'd bite and i think he did so i got into it, but passed him really quick so i let off cause i didnt think he wanted to race. But just as im shuttin down i hear a turbo blow off followed by a nasty grind into second, and he flys up to me, well i realize he was gonna do one of those fly bys n i got into it, when i floored it his front tire was at the front of my car. It had really good response cause i had it down in first cause i like shiftin it,(A4), i threw it into second and started pullin hard past him and waved Bye in the process, i got to about 110 n locked em up so i didnt miss the parking lot entrance.

I was happy to kill my 1st ricer , i thought he had me cause we were close until i shifted. Not to bad for a 98 z28 w/ catback, k&n airfilter, n hypertech programmer.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MonsterZ28
I finally got my 1st kill, , ok i was goin to advance auto to get an application, im only 16 so im not a loser lol, but i pull up to a light n im sitting there for a second and this neon srt-4 pulls up next to me, i give him a rev to see if he wants to go. The light turns green n i give him the jump to see if he'd bite and i think he did so i got into it, but passed him really quick so i let off cause i didnt think he wanted to race. But just as im shuttin down i hear a turbo blow off followed by a nasty grind into second, and he flys up to me, well i realize he was gonna do one of those fly bys n i got into it, when i floored it his front tire was at the front of my car. It had really good response cause i had it down in first cause i like shiftin it,(A4), i threw it into second and started pullin hard past him and waved Bye in the process, i got to about 110 n locked em up so i didnt miss the parking lot entrance.

I was happy to kill my 1st ricer , i thought he had me cause we were close until i shifted. Not to bad for a 98 z28 w/ catback, k&n airfilter, n hypertech programmer.
Good first kill.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

welcome to the tech..congrats on ur first kill
Old 08-16-2005, 01:34 AM
12 Second Club

16... Not a looser, but acting like one? Why are you calling him a ricer? You were the one to initiate a race and going 110 on a 40mph street probably... blah...
Old 08-16-2005, 01:39 AM
Staging Lane

DO NOT SHIFT YOUR A4 YOURSELF...That is a perfect way to lose all that money you're saving for your mods + alot more to repair your transmission when you destroy it. Autos are autos for a reason, they shift for you. NEVER touch Low 1 unless you are doing a very rare burnout.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:49 AM
TECH Addict

Nice Kill, I just hope like someone else mentioned you weren't going that fast on a 40mph road and or in town. I'd also ditch that Hypertech if I were you and get some Real Tuning

I also agree w/ wvutransam. Just leave her in OD or D and let the trans do the shifting. I only use manual 1st on my car for burnouts (as it's really bad on the trans if it shifts into 3rd gear while burning the tires) and on occasion because of a tuning issue (that BH is addressing as I speak) I have for my high stall TC (as it will quickly shift into 2nd to avoid a TPS overvolt). Then again my trans isn't stock.

Matt
Old 08-16-2005, 02:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OdessitPashka
16... Not a looser, but acting like one? Why are you calling him a ricer? You were the one to initiate a race and going 110 on a 40mph street probably... blah...

Im jus sayin that advance auto isnt really a good job, n how m i acting like one? He is a ricer, if ur car has a 5" coffee can fart pipe hangin out the back... ur a ricer, and how would i be a ricer cause i initiated a race? r u saying that u've never initiated one? I do , cause i like racing its fun and this time we were 1st up at the light so no body was in the way, o and the speed limit is 55. soo if ur gonna drive ur car like an old lady then get urself a nice Buick LeSabre
Old 08-16-2005, 03:12 AM
12 Second Club

I'm not going to argue with you kid. Be happy about the kill and drive 110 more often...
Old 08-16-2005, 03:35 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by OdessitPashka
I'm not going to argue with you kid. Be happy about the kill and drive 110 more often...

That a nice car to have at 16, be carefull with it.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:03 AM
Launching!

good first kill, be careful, and have fun
Old 08-16-2005, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dude i dont drive 110 all the time, **** that. Thanks 8-pack, i have to pay 4 my own car so i figure i should get somethin badass
Old 08-16-2005, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

The language of the next generation is astonishing. "n" substituted the more proper english word "and" more than 3 times in that paragraph. Congratulations. I need a cigarette.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:08 PM
Staging Lane

dude i dont drive 110 all the time, **** that. Thanks 8-pack, i have to pay 4 my own car so i figure i should get somethin badass
Be very careful with that car you have because some young teens just don't know how much power is under there foot
Old 08-16-2005, 10:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1320Kid
The language of the next generation is astonishing. "n" substituted the more proper english word "and" more than 3 times in that paragraph. Congratulations. I need a cigarette.
As long as you understand what he means by it then its all good.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

But it hurts my head
Old 08-17-2005, 01:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

oo believe me i know how much power is there, ive had the **** scared outa me a couple times, including almost going into a ditch(word of advice, dont break em' loose while turning onto another road)
Old 08-17-2005, 06:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im jus sayin that advance auto isnt really a good job, n how m i acting like one? He is a ricer, if ur car has a 5" coffee can fart pipe hangin out the back... ur a ricer, and how would i be a ricer cause i initiated a race? r u saying that u've never initiated one? I do , cause i like racing its fun and this time we were 1st up at the light so no body was in the way, o and the speed limit is 55. soo if ur gonna drive ur car like an old lady then get urself a nice Buick LeSabre
why is he a ricer? becasue of the car he drivers ?I thought being a ricer was putting **** on your car to make it look fast instead of fast..and if I remember correctly....those cars are fairly fast stock. they also have dual 3 inch tips...exahsut is a straight pipe without a muffler..just a cat and a resenator. and there is a thing called the ricer mentality..i believe that is what the person is talking about...and why are you locking up the brakes trying to turn into a parking lot? I think you need to be a lil more responsible with your car...if you missed the turn..you could always turn around and come back to the parking lot.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:40 AM
12 Second Club

exactly my throughs....
Old 08-17-2005, 09:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Some of these guys are telling you to be careful and not wreck that fine automobile. You're 16, young and are prone to stupidity like most of us were at 16 (Man, I'm old). It will be that cocky attitude that lets you wrap the car around a tree and **** us of because you destroyed a great car. Just be cool.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BBQLS1
Some of these guys are telling you to be careful and not wreck that fine automobile. You're 16, young and are prone to stupidity like most of us were at 16 (Man, I'm old). It will be that cocky attitude that lets you wrap the car around a tree and **** us of because you destroyed a great car. Just be cool.
hopefully he grows out of it..I wish my friend did who died last november ina brand new gto. hit a wall going 100+..bounced off that into a tree 6ft in the air..and then finally hit a telephone poll...only had the car for 5 days...and he was 20.