Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I hate rice burners............

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 12:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I hate rice burners............

My Vette is in the shop having some goodies added to the drivetrain. Its been at the doctors for a while now. So I have been driving my wifes Jetta alot. Its just a basic 2.0L with some nice rims (total chick car)! Well today this acura hauls *** up to me to race. It was yellow with gay *** flames/ground effects/coffee can muffler/etc. He hits me up at the light and I can hear him revved and ready to launch. Sure *** hell he's off, and I just mosey on my way wishing like hell I was in my Vette. But when I'm in my Vette, I never EVER get anyone to play with me. Propably cause its obvious (with my Cam and exaust) that my car has got some go fast goodies on it. I just had to vent........It pisses me off that these ******* want to play with cars they know they'll beat, but won't play with a big dog (like most of our LS1's).......Each to there own I guess!!!
Old 08-16-2005, 12:27 AM
TECH Addict

Same around here. It's odd that the little ricer burners never mess w/ my 4000+lb sedan, but were more than happy to race my civic (winter car)

Matt
Old 08-16-2005, 12:39 AM
10 Second Club

I know there are some quick rice burners out there. I saw a hatch back civic run 13.1 at the strip . But on the streets they are always kids that got the idea of building there car from "fast and the furious" and just **** people like you and I off, cause they think they have a fast car. Sometimes I just want to smack them on the head and say "A civic with a muffler/CAI/and ground effects is still a slow civic"
Old 08-16-2005, 07:08 AM
Launching!

I'm getting tired of eating rice. That's all that's around here.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I always got rice burners to play with me in my college car. It was a 98 GTP, and it was pretty lightly modded. I murdered a few wrx's, and mix of a whole lot of other mediocre cars. My favorite was an 00 Mustang GT.... such a close race but I barely pulled him.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You need a slow car like a camaro before they will play with you.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BBQLS1
You need a slow car like a camaro before they will play with you.
Not exactly, I was at a light with a cleaner hatch (red/flames/rims/exhaust) with mr badass in it staring down the car to my left which mind you was in the turn lane, it was a primer hatch pos, I gave mr badass the look and revved, he glanced and that was it, too off like a granny.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00Vette
My Vette is in the shop having some goodies added to the drivetrain. Its been at the doctors for a while now. So I have been driving my wifes Jetta alot. Its just a basic 2.0L with some nice rims (total chick car)! Well today this acura hauls *** up to me to race. It was yellow with gay *** flames/ground effects/coffee can muffler/etc. He hits me up at the light and I can hear him revved and ready to launch. Sure *** hell he's off, and I just mosey on my way wishing like hell I was in my Vette. But when I'm in my Vette, I never EVER get anyone to play with me. Propably cause its obvious (with my Cam and exaust) that my car has got some go fast goodies on it. I just had to vent........It pisses me off that these ******* want to play with cars they know they'll beat, but won't play with a big dog (like most of our LS1's).......Each to there own I guess!!!
its funny that you say this...cause when i'm cruising around in my friends 2g 400awhp DSM(runs low 11s on street tires).....no vipers or zo6s want to mess with him because of how stock his car looks..only appearence mod is a big *** FMIC. They assume that they will easily beat him..so they don't try.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
its funny that you say this...cause when i'm cruising around in my friends 2g 400awhp DSM(runs low 11s on street tires).....no vipers or zo6s want to mess with him because of how stock his car looks..only appearence mod is a big *** FMIC. They assume that they will easily beat him..so they don't try.
I think your right, that they are thinking "why waste the gas on something I know I'll beat.....Gas is expensive" That is what I would be thinking! But your friends car sounds quick! I'll bet thats why people don't race him! I'd rather see a car like his rather than a yellow flamed, ground effects wearing, coffee can havin, gay wing bolt on car thinking he is quick, driving like he's in a Lambo!
Old 08-16-2005, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00Vette
I think your right, that they are thinking "why waste the gas on something I know I'll beat.....Gas is expensive" That is what I would be thinking! But your friends car sounds quick! I'll bet thats why people don't race him! I'd rather see a car like his rather than a yellow flamed, ground effects wearing, coffee can havin, gay wing bolt on car thinking he is quick, driving like he's in a Lambo!

well..its funny that you say that..cause i have another friend witha 2g DSM. it has a smaller turbo so only makes 350awhp....but ti has a ricey checkered flag witha rising sun paint job...ugly *** ******* car witha gay wing..i won't step foot into his car becasue of principal....but its fast to. but neither guy can get a viper, vette, ferrari to race him.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:33 AM
TECH Resident

well..its funny that you say that..cause i have another friend witha 2g DSM. it has a smaller turbo so only makes 350awhp....but ti has a ricey checkered flag witha rising sun paint job...ugly *** ******* car witha gay wing..i won't step foot into his car becasue of principal....but its fast to. but neither guy can get a viper, vette, ferrari to race him.
now the pics of that would be priceless.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

how the hell do i post a pic from my hard drive?
Old 08-17-2005, 09:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chris95Z
Not exactly, I was at a light with a cleaner hatch (red/flames/rims/exhaust) with mr badass in it staring down the car to my left which mind you was in the turn lane, it was a primer hatch pos, I gave mr badass the look and revved, he glanced and that was it, too off like a granny.
I was just joshing.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah well, when I roll up next to a late model viper, I'm not thinking of racing either. My stuff ain't that fast yet. And anyway I'm too busy genuflecting, wiping off the drool and being just generally jealous. You are an exception to the rule. Most vette owners won't race no matter what, because they don't want to soil their Depends. I've only gotten one good race out of a vette (he lost) out of all the times I've lined up right next to them with a clear stretch of road in front. Of course I live in retirement city, Tucson, AZ.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

hrmm, come down to houston.. just about every average mustang, f-body, y-body or import would take a crack at ya
Old 08-17-2005, 03:32 PM
Import Patrol

It's not like that here, Just about every damn ricer around here, will give the look that they are going to tear my **** up, So I just open the dump and give them a nice loud rev, most of the time that will shut them up, but will still get some that will rev back at me with their lawn mower.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by enginjoe
Yeah well, when I roll up next to a late model viper, I'm not thinking of racing either. My stuff ain't that fast yet. And anyway I'm too busy genuflecting, wiping off the drool and being just generally jealous. You are an exception to the rule. Most vette owners won't race no matter what, because they don't want to soil their Depends. I've only gotten one good race out of a vette (he lost) out of all the times I've lined up right next to them with a clear stretch of road in front. Of course I live in retirement city, Tucson, AZ.
I hear ya brother! I'm only 27 years old though. Most Vette owners are way older than me. Don't get me wrong, I've met some cool guys and a few older guys that actually race there Vettes, but most just cruise them. They weren't meant to cruise!!
Old 08-17-2005, 10:51 PM
11 Second Club

Most people do not race their vettes on the street. I know I have not had to many challenges, but there are some on occasion. With headers, no cats and the B&B bullets on my car it sounds pretty mean idling.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:43 PM
Launching!

Just because they won't race him doesn't mean that they wouldn't kick his ***. On another note though I've raced fulled decked out ricers (body kit, graphics the works) and destroyed them. But I got smoked by a guy in a plain red civic one day only sign was he was loud as hell and had a line of gauges done his pillar, sucked I lost but loved the sleeper look.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:33 AM
Launching!

Default Reverse Psychology...

Its funny. When I got my Laser AWD (1G DSM), it was the "Gold Edition". Its was awful. Gold wheels, gold decals (stock) all over it. Every Jackass wanted some, which is tough because I never floor it for any reason in traffic, and rarely in the country.

I eventually found the time/warm days/razor blades/goo gone to get all the decals off (it took hours). The old wheels were so curbed that the tire shop refused to puit new tires on them. So I now run some low key rims, not horrible heavy arsed gold colored ones. The old stock twin tip exsaust was ditched, and now its justa single tip, 3 inches (same diameter as the whole system, go figure ) and its painted flat black. Cant even see it unless you want to

So basicly the car has no decals, a lower key exsaust, and lower key wheels. All the ricers just leave alone now, as if they think its really fast (Its not). Its kinda odd that the lower key the Car, the more people think its fast.