Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Small town Ricers

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 01:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small town Ricers

I live in a small town in the middle of the farmland in western Illinois. I own a 2001 Camaro SS, SLP longtubes, louldmouth, some trans work and some intake work. It's definitely a quick car. In a nearby locall town there is a group of about 6 kids who all own civics, neons, or cavaliers who think their cars are the ****. They're also a rival football school so it makes for more fun. A couple night's ago I was driving through their town and they were all out cruising. Pulled up to a stop light and they literally surrounded me, reving their "bomb" mufflers (thinking they add 500 horsepower lol) and sadly allowing everyone around see their very gaudy cars. I completely respect imports with tasteful and solid mods, but these guys are just a joke. So I roll down my window, one guy says I'll smoke your ***....all the same blah. So we pull outta town onto the four lane.....a couple of them gun it and I decide what the hell so I shift down and take off. I easily pull around them and accelerate to around 120 and let off, a long way ahead of them. I slow down to around 75 and they do their notorious fly-by..... they slow down and let me pass them again, just in time to pull off the highway. I pull up to my friends house, get out of the car and there they go....all six of em....revving those engines all the way..... thought this might get a laugh out of someone.......
Old 09-25-2005, 01:50 AM
TECH Addict

Ricers...can't live with 'em, Can't live without 'em.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ricers - Can't live with 'em, Can't shoot 'em.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:20 AM
TECH Regular

I love ricer's, they give me something to laugh at .
Old 09-25-2005, 03:23 AM
TECH Regular

What I find funny, is if you have a fast import I could see you trying to mess with a faster car even if you still might get beat, but deep inside these guys know their gonna get their *** kicked so i dont know why they even try. I like messing around as well, but I wouldnt do a fly-by thats ghey. But if I seen a car that I knew was fast, I might mess with it just to see it run
Old 09-25-2005, 09:13 AM
Staging Lane

Good Kills

They probably run you for the same reason I'll run 1 liter bikes (or anyone else that happens to line up and is willing)... I know Im gonna get creamed, but heh **** it! I still smile ear to ear, and love how the race (however short it may be) makes my heart pound.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
but deep inside these guys know their gonna get their *** kicked so i dont know why they even try.
You would think that they would know that but in some of my experiences I have seen they really don't think they will lose. A lot of those kids really are driving the fastest cars they have ever driven and honestly have no clue.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

I like to let the ricers think I am going to race. I'll even rev, then I'll not hit the gas.

At all...

I like doing that.

It really seems to **** them off.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 09-26-2005, 09:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by quarterback2005
I live in a small town in the middle of the farmland in western Illinois. I own a 2001 Camaro SS, SLP longtubes, louldmouth, some trans work and some intake work. It's definitely a quick car. In a nearby locall town there is a group of about 6 kids who all own civics, neons, or cavaliers who think their cars are the ****. They're also a rival football school so it makes for more fun. A couple night's ago I was driving through their town and they were all out cruising. Pulled up to a stop light and they literally surrounded me, reving their "bomb" mufflers (thinking they add 500 horsepower lol) and sadly allowing everyone around see their very gaudy cars. I completely respect imports with tasteful and solid mods, but these guys are just a joke. So I roll down my window, one guy says I'll smoke your ***....all the same blah. So we pull outta town onto the four lane.....a couple of them gun it and I decide what the hell so I shift down and take off. I easily pull around them and accelerate to around 120 and let off, a long way ahead of them. I slow down to around 75 and they do their notorious fly-by..... they slow down and let me pass them again, just in time to pull off the highway. I pull up to my friends house, get out of the car and there they go....all six of em....revving those engines all the way..... thought this might get a laugh out of someone.......
You can tell if someone is trying to be a jackazz and when they do, I just look the other way paying no attention to them and give them a thumbs down with this boring look on my face. It's about as bad as flipping someone off and not looking at them allowing them to flip you back off.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:45 AM
Launching!

You better be careful, they might all combine thier cars together one day and create Mecha Ricer.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:51 AM
Banned

Man I really know what your talking about. I live in a little *** hill country town in Texas and it is import crazy around here. The only two decent ones are my buddies badass Evo and my other friends 240 with a SR20 swap. The rest are all gay as hell and always ******* with me.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:56 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Almo
You can tell if someone is trying to be a jackazz and when they do, I just look the other way paying no attention to them and give them a thumbs down with this boring look on my face. It's about as bad as flipping someone off and not looking at them allowing them to flip you back off.
Lol i know what you mean, I do the same. I had some kid pull up to me at a stop light with his stereo blasting (his trunk was about to rattle off) and I glance over and its some rusted out 96 or so dodge neon. I pay no attention then the kid revs his engine (to obviously let me know he has NOTHINg done to the car, except for his hideous fart can). So the light turns green and i slowly leave the line with no itention of wasting gas to race him, and he just rolls slowly along next to me, trying to race. So finally I look over and him and his buddy are all excited, wanting to race, he starts honking as if hes honking off a 3 count and i start DYING laughing. I felt sorta bad because the kids face went from this huge like grin that i was gonna race to this pissed off look like he was gonna cry and he then just sped off. Honestly, I think thats WAY more insulting than smoking them in a race and wasting gas and maybe getting a ticket.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:06 AM
12 Second Club

the thing i dont understand is when a car puts buslengths on them and then 30 seconds later do the flyby, they think theyve won
Old 09-26-2005, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

I hate flybys

I mean honestly.......

Who gets pulled over..... we do. Never the Civic doing 60 in a 45

Me for doing 45 in a 45 because I dont have a front license plate.

Neither do 'vettes etc, why pick on me?

Also when a van passes me like I'm not moving a cop ignores them, then pulls out and follows me for like 5 miles.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Lol i know what you mean, I do the same. I had some kid pull up to me at a stop light with his stereo blasting (his trunk was about to rattle off) and I glance over and its some rusted out 96 or so dodge neon. I pay no attention then the kid revs his engine (to obviously let me know he has NOTHINg done to the car, except for his hideous fart can). So the light turns green and i slowly leave the line with no itention of wasting gas to race him, and he just rolls slowly along next to me, trying to race. So finally I look over and him and his buddy are all excited, wanting to race, he starts honking as if hes honking off a 3 count and i start DYING laughing. I felt sorta bad because the kids face went from this huge like grin that i was gonna race to this pissed off look like he was gonna cry and he then just sped off. Honestly, I think thats WAY more insulting than smoking them in a race and wasting gas and maybe getting a ticket.

Too funny... you detroyed that guy's happy mood.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:00 PM
TECH Addict

Yea he was none too happy. At first I though maybe, just MAYBE, he might have had like an srt-4 engine swap and been modded, then he revved and there was no turbo or BOV sound, only the raucus wail of his fart cannon so I knew then it wasnt worth it.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:19 PM
Staging Lane

I never seem to run into these people you speak of....... I wonder why???
Old 09-26-2005, 02:24 PM
TECH Addict

I dunno, guess kentucky doesnt have an abundance of ricers lol, consider yourself lucky!
Old 09-26-2005, 02:32 PM
Staging Lane

well umm I havnt made it to kentucky yet..... Still on my moving vaction