Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Boss wants to race me for --->$5000.00 <--- ROTFLMAO!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 07:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Boss wants to race me for --->$5000.00 <--- ROTFLMAO!!!

This is gonna be slightly confusing because I'd normally take a lot more time and care to explain it thoroughly but I'm exhausted and have to fall out

Before I get into it . . . he proved to me last night (this morning actually) that he knows absolutely DI(K about cars Also, he was pretty buzzed if not drunk when he went nuts on me.

He has a CL55 AMG on 19's (I think, might be 20's) with a LOW-profile tire and said that he would beat my car in a race EASILY . . . he said there is NO AMOUNT OF NITROUS I COULD ADD TO AN AMERICAN CAR THAT COULD MAKE IT AS FAST AS A CL 55 . . . or even as fast as A CORVETTE Last I checked . . . the Corvette WAS American . . . Oh . . . it also has the same frickin' ENGINE!!!

I knew he was an illiterate Ricer because I wanted to run his car for fun, knowing full well I'd a$$-rape him, about a month ago . . . He gave me the ricer excuse that "I'm having supercharger belt problems . . . "

When he started talking this junk to me after we closed the club this morning, I said why waste my time beating his car when he'd never pay up . . . he didn't like hearing this since most of our staff was witnessing the exchange and his ego is a tad on the large side so . . . He eventually said he'd put $5000 to my $1000

This guy doesn't know chit about cars. He has an exhaust on his 13 sec AMG (that's about what it would run with his current tire ) car and that's IT.

I told him that even if he had a RennTech chip AND exhaust I'd still get him from a dig (probably a roll too, I've raced RennTech cars before ) . . . you know . . . that SKINNY TIRE PROBLEM

The troglodite wanted to race on WET roads AND IN THE PARKING LOT

Even IF I was stupid enough to do something like that, which I'm not, . . . I'd STILL catch traction long before he would

He said that his 350 Turbo Diesel with a chip would spank my car LOL!

All of the above . . . and trust me . . . A LOT MORE . . . he said without knowing ANYTHING about my mods . . . DUH

He THEN went on to tell me he just bought an SLR for $900,000.00 LOL! (Umm . . . they cost about half that . . . DUH again )

First . . . they don't cost that much . . . second . . . I HIGHLY doubt he could afford it

Oh . . . he also got the SLR confused with the McLaren F1 . . . you know . . . the SLR that he "just purchased" (He said . . . "my bad . . . the McLaren F1 was in 2000 ROTFLMAO!!!)

I'll go more into detail tomorrow after I take his money . . . I might get suspended for it but it will be worth it

Our anniversary party is tomorrow night and ALL NIGHT LONG I'm gonna call him out . . . instigate . . . and challenge his ego SOOOO bad that he has no choice but to nut up and race ME

Bottom line: He insulted my car . . . and pretty much every other car on this board. Not to mention gave Mercedes drivers EVERYWHERE a bad name.

Plus he tried to insult my intelligence with his non-sense.

P.S.: he weighs probably 250 lb. more than me so my race weight would be about 1000 lb. less than his.

Christopher
Old 10-01-2005, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you need to stay away from that guy. He's the type that'll end up wrecking you both.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:05 AM
TECH Resident

go race him and take his $5000 and NEVER TALK TO HIM AGAIN~!!!
Old 10-01-2005, 09:18 AM
Teching In

Those things don't run 13's more like mid 12's. Are you sure you raced a Renntech AMG or just an SL 55 with stickers. If you run 11s I'd say go for it, otherwise don't risk it, Mercedes are quick cars(esp. AMGs) whether or not their idiot owners know anything about it.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:41 AM
Staging Lane

hmmm. AMG built supercharged 5.5L 24-valve V-8 engine - 493 hp @ 6,100
Old 10-01-2005, 09:49 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the guy is a MORON. even if you race and win,you'll never win,it will turn into a bigger problem.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Mike C. And they never pay!
Old 10-01-2005, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

i would be a little safer about it since hes just completely ignorant, search around for some 1/4 times on the car to be on the safe side
Old 10-01-2005, 11:44 AM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=4
Old 10-01-2005, 12:00 PM
TECH Addict

ya, i'm curious to what your times are, b/c cl55 amg's are one of the faster luxurey cars out right now and yes they do have a traction problem. the cl65 amg, if it had better traction wouldbe just as if not a lil faster than the mclaren slr. i've driven both the cl55 and 65, the 65 is impossible to go w/out burning out, and they are both ridiculously fast for what they are. the 03 cl55amg's and newer have 493hp/516lb-ft and the cl65 amgs are v-12 biturbo w/612hp/737lb-ft. goodluck either way
Old 10-01-2005, 12:21 PM
Teching In

How bad do you need your job? Staying on the goodside of the boss is usually a smart thing. If he instigates, run 'em without acting like a dill weed. Or find another job and run him right before you turn in your notice. Then you can be as big a jerk as you want win or lose.
Old 10-01-2005, 05:28 PM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by unit213
Sounds like you need to stay away from that guy. He's the type that'll end up wrecking you both.
This thought crossed my mind as well. I just hate to see ignorant people speak about racing when they have little to no knowledge themselves. It does make for a dangerous encounter against a possible hazardous driver.

To other replies: I race a CL55 just 2 months ago from a dead dig on my OLD slower set-up and raped him pretty nasty

Yes; AMG cars run low 12's . . . re-read the post.

Please, if you are going to question the validity of my statements regarding what my boss' car could do in a race, be certain to read the post THOROUGHLY.

That or do some research and you'll find that it's not how much power you make, but can you get it to the ground

In a drag race, his TINY non-drag radial tire, actually smaller and WORSE-FOR-TRACTION than his stock tires, would not be able to get him in the 12's. Almost 0 side-wall

I've been on this forum for a long time. I know how to race; from a dig and a roll. I also have vast experience racing AMG cars.

The only AMG cars I haven't had the pleasure of racing are the 65 cars
Old 10-01-2005, 05:32 PM
TECH Addict

Talking

Originally Posted by Ghostriderr
How bad do you need your job? Staying on the goodside of the boss is usually a smart thing. If he instigates, run 'em without acting like a dill weed. Or find another job and run him right before you turn in your notice. Then you can be as big a jerk as you want win or lose.
Thought about this too. That's why I took it easy in the post and didn't go further into detail about the "other" wild claims he stated . . .

JULIAN post damn-it!

I called another member on this board and he heard almost everything my boss said . . . JULIAN . . . please feel free to elaborate on some of the finer things my boss said or offer your opinion
Old 10-01-2005, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ghostriderr
jus run him for the 5 grand and if he doesnt pay up then always hold it against him to get other things such as a raise
Old 10-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Staging Lane

**** his wife. that will shut him up LOL. I keed
Old 10-01-2005, 10:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Renesis
**** his wife. that will shut him up LOL. I keed

Old 10-02-2005, 05:31 AM
Launching!

it is a little risky...you could miss a gear or something...but I doubt it!

WHOOP HIS ***!
Old 10-02-2005, 05:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

get 400 bucks, put on a n2o kit and run a 150shot and embarrass the hell out of him, then post the vid here
Old 10-02-2005, 02:42 PM
TECH Resident

Hmm a 115mph car against your what? 120mph car? Or do you have nitrous not listed in your sig? More HP will pull harder on the top end. I'd say keep it a short race (60-120), or go from a dig and you should be fine.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:52 PM
10 Second Club

i hear you about the small sidewall thing and all- but proceed with caution. 55's traction control WORKS good and really makes those cars launch quite well actually. there is one local to me and while he was stock he came out very hard- then he got upgraded pulley and it was overpowering the tcs but he was fine stock.

i think all you need are some stickies and it is an easy win however , but they are STRONG from a roll and for all you know he has the pulley (which he would most likely pull you from a roll believe it or not= they are 600+whp with the pulley/chip upgrade).