Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

TA 1 WRX wagon 0

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 10:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TA 1 WRX wagon 0

I'm driving with the top down, minding my own business, and some silver WRX wagon does a flyby on me like at 60 mph. I think nothing of it. Then I see hazards. My blood immediately started boiling. What a *****, I think. I start speeding to catch up to him and the ****** is too much of a ***** to let me catch up to get along the side of him. A car in front of him slows him down, I make a pass, and I'm next to him and I match his pace, I wait for him... The car that slowed him down turns into the next block, and now we got a clear stretch in front of both of us. I thinking, now that we're even, *******, I want to see you even try to pull on me again. I look over, and it's some thuggish looking **** with a girl passenger. He stomps on it with a smile and I stomp on it, too. In second gear, I hit redline, shut down, look back, and I saw I had put like three car lengths on him in just one gear. He's not smiling anymore, and as I wait for him to pull up by me, he won't. I slow down to a crawl, and he still won't pull up by me. I just wanted to give him a friendly what's up... As soon as an entrance opens up to the neighborhood on the right, he turns in. What a wuss! Man, I've been smoked by alot of cars around here, but I always catch up when they shut down to give due props. I hate this little ricer attitude around here. Nothing to do with imports. A 3rd Gen Camaro did the same thing to me too, recently.

Anyway, I was really disappointed with the car. I have raced some fast *** STI's and been beaten by them as well. But the way I pulled on this WRX wagon was nasty, man. Note to potential Scoobie buyers. DO NOT get the WRX wagon!

Later, I raced my friend's 96 GTI VR6 that he just bought. He had been telling me how I would beat him but not by much. I said okay, and did a high speed run from a dig in which I shut down like at 110 mph. He was very far away, needless to say. Where I live, people have no idea what LS1's can do. It's pretty funny.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bboyferal
Note to potential Scoobie buyers. DO NOT get the WRX wagon!
My wagon has NEVER been beat. My kills include an Acura Legend, and some idiot ricer in a Civic that wouldn't go away. Nice kill. They're good for going up the mountain for a day of snowboarding and getting groceries...not much else.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:19 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of us have Scoobie Wagons, knowing full well what they're good for- getting groceries quickly .
Nice kill.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:32 AM
TECH Regular

Funny, my first race in my Cobra was against a highly modded Rex wagon. It was UGLY for him. It made quite the first impression on the local Ricers since everybody thought he was gonna kick my ***. He blew the tires off on launch and I flat hooked. I crossed the big end looking around wondering "Where'd he go?" He was still at the start line after bouncing off the limiter in 1st and 2nd.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:38 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

^
Hehe, I also have a Rex Wagon story similar to yours-
At the track, kid in a new Wagon and his entourage stage in line with me.
Kid's friend points at my car (the SS) and says- no problem, those things are heavy!
Kid lines up with me and gets his *** handed to him- he got treed, outlaunched and drug- I crossed the traps a good 3 and a half seconds before him.
Kid got out of his Scoobie and asks me to open the hood so that he can see the supercharger- I opened the hood and the kid saw a stock looking LS1 engine (cam-only at the time) . His jaw dropped- got schooled- LS101.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:45 AM
12 Second Club

My slowest car is my WRX Wagon. Yeah, talk about turbo lag. 15.3 @ 89 at 5800 altitude. I had to get it for the snow up in the mtns where I live, otherwise, the Z06 is my grocery getter
Old 10-04-2005, 12:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
^
Hehe, I also have a Rex Wagon story similar to yours-
At the track, kid in a new Wagon and his entourage stage in line with me.
Kid's friend points at my car (the SS) and says- no problem, those things are heavy!
Kid lines up with me and gets his *** handed to him- he got treed, outlaunched and drug- I crossed the traps a good 3 and a half seconds before him.
Kid got out of his Scoobie and asks me to open the hood so that he can see the supercharger- I opened the hood and the kid saw a stock looking LS1 engine (cam-only at the time) . His jaw dropped- got schooled- LS101.
That's funny! I don't know what these kids are thinking. Even when I was in high school and didn't know much about mechanics, I still had cars I admired and cars I knew could perform. I had many favorites: LT1 Vettes, Supra Turbo's, Mustangs, etc. I especially wanted a 3000 GT VR-4 Spyder.

Anyway, after I raced the GTI, his passenger starts looking at my car like it's from another planet. He didn't know that a Trans Am could take a GTI and thought it would be the other way around... WTF!!!

That's just ! This is what we deal with down here...

Most car enthusiasts where I live, South.FL.02 SS could probably attest, have no ******* clue. It's not even really the whole import scene, but these dumb sport compact car drivers. The typical SRT-4, Civic Si, and VW GTI's owners are just dumb as **** here!
Old 10-04-2005, 12:21 PM
Banned

Most ricers have no clue what a healthy V8 can do in a mustang/vette/F-bod. They are just clueless. One girl in a car club (ricer) was astounded that her muffler only civic got raped by a 99-04 stock GT. SHe told the club "I have no idea why he won, my car was way louder and i should have kicked his ***." The people who told me about this said that her club basically tolder her she had 160 hp, he had 260hp, and sound dont mean ****. It was a "decent" group i guess to tell her so, but thats just SAD.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:29 PM
TECH Resident

lol, I went to a local shop where I use to buy my truck aftermarket stuff. I came pulling in and parked. There was a nice looking young girl working there. I talked to the guy who knew me pretty well from buying so much crap. Long story short, I talked to the young girl and she said that she owned an Acura RSX, I said it's a nice car. I just like old fasion v8 muscle. She had nerve to say to me, I won't ever own an American car and I didn't get upset or anything, I said that's your choice and we all have our opinions. Why have a V8 when you can get 600hp out of a 4 cylinder. I just winked and said, yeah, but you can get 1200hp out of your V8.
It's the ignorance that gets me, I mean, if your not sure, don't say anything.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a wrx wagon story too. Driving back from vacationing in Maine this blue WRX wagon with a BOV flies past me an its some 25-30 year old guy with his wife. They have a ton of luggage in the back as im sure they were heading back from vacation too. Anyways as he is passing me he puts it in neutral and give it a rev and then I hear his BOV and as he is putting it back into gear to complete his fly-by I dropped from 5th gear at 65mph to 4th and just floored it and left him like he wasnt moving. I guess he didnt think about the fact that he probably had a good 500+ pounds of luggage in the back haha...Also have an RSX non-type S story. I commute to work and have to take a train into Boston everyday and there is this guy with a black stock RSX. We get off the same train everyday and leave the lot at the same time and Im usually driving my navigator so im not in a position to race him, however I see him everyday go tearing out of the lot and we head back on the same 2-lane highway and he just weaves in and out of traffic and cuts people off like its his job. Well it was a nice day yesterday so i take my camaro and sure enough I see him when we are leaving and he sees my car and revs and goes tearing out of the lot. Now he has no idea who is driving the car because I have dark tinted windows so I follow him and get onto the 2-lane Highway. He begins his weaving in and out of traffic so I figure ill just let him go, but traffic opens up a bit and I manage to catch him at one of the lights on the highway. There is a decent amount of room in front of us so I let him get the jump then floored it and went flying past him. He then procedes to catch up and past me as I slowed down for the traffic in front of me that we had now caught up to and he cuts me off going and locks his brakes to avoid the car in front of him thats basically stopped. I now have to lock my brakes to avoid rear-ending him. Im bullshit and leaning on my horn now for like 30 seconds and he then starts his weaving in and out of traffic again and I figure id let him go and find him tomorrow. Well this morning I pulled into the lot about 30 seconds before him and he ends up parking relatively close to me so I get out and walk over to his car. He sees me get out of my car and tries to quickly lock his car and head off to the train because he can tell im pissed. Doesnt move fast enough and I asked him why he cut infront of me and locked his brakes, almost causing a huge accident? His reponse, and this is front a 35-40 year old man, "hey man im sorry about that but i really wanted to end up in front and win our race". I didnt know what to say and just walked over to wait for the train...
Old 10-04-2005, 01:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
His reponse, and this is front a 35-40 year old man, "hey man im sorry about that but i really wanted to end up in front and win our race". I didnt know what to say and just walked over to wait for the train...
And that attitude is why street racing can turn deadly. Good stories.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SSpeedracer
And that attitude is why street racing can turn deadly. Good stories.
Thanks man, and thats exactly right. Ive never been in an accident nor have I been issued a speeding ticket (knocks on wood) and if I do decide to run with someone its not to insane speeds, its a short quick run. We left the light and the road is 65 mph and we went from a dead stop to about 70 mph, thats when I let off because we were approaching the traffic in front of us and the road was no longer clear. He however had a different idea and really thought he would be the "winner" by ending up in front of me, so he caught up and cut me off almost causing an accident. I mean im no angel in my car, i have fun, but I have relatively speaking "safe fun" when there are no other cars or people around that could possibly get involved. It just amazes me though as to what is going through peoples heads when they pull certain stunts? Of the few street races that ive had at least two have been ones where I got jumped (usually against a sti, evo, wrx) from a dig and was beginning to reel them in but there were cars ahead or the speeds were getting too high so I stopped. Yea I could have pushed it to 90-100+ Mph but whats the point? So I can say "Im the winner!" as some minivan pulls onto the road and I smash into the rear of it killing an entire family? I dunno, maybe its just me but I dont need to win that bad, rant off haha!
Old 10-04-2005, 04:04 PM
TECH Junkie

A true enthusiast's win: Who's pulling who. Simple. I've ended up in front in many races that I know I lost.

A ricer's win: Who's in front. Ricer: "Who the hell cares that 98Z28MASS was pulling and that I would NEVER have chance at keeping up with his car. I got in front at some point, so I'm faster."

It's sad that this is how they think. And that guy that got in font of you, he probably told his friends later how he beat a Z28, and he probably believes it himself, too. They're that deluded. You obviously slowed down for traffc, but he might actually think that, at that moment, his car hit vtec and started pulling on you, both of you still racing (though you just let off). The denial in the mind of a ricer blinds him from seeing that you just stopped trying and that's why he ended up in front. Idiots!
Old 10-04-2005, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bboyferal
A true enthusiast's win: Who's pulling who. Simple. I've ended up in front in many races that I know I lost.

A ricer's win: Who's in front. Ricer: "Who the hell cares that 98Z28MASS was pulling and that I would NEVER have chance at keeping up with his car. I got in front at some point, so I'm faster."

It's sad that this is how they think. And that guy that got in font of you, he probably told his friends later how he beat a Z28, and he probably believes it himself, too. They're that deluded. You obviously slowed down for traffc, but he might actually think that, at that moment, his car hit vtec and started pulling on you, both of you still racing (though you just let off). The denial in the mind of a ricer blinds him from seeing that you just stopped trying and that's why he ended up in front. Idiots!
Haha and thats exactly what he thought, and the thing is its a base RSX so i dont even think its a vtec? Its so funny too, like what do they think, that an LS1 (if they even know what an LS1 is) pulls on them like a freight train and then all of a sudden falls flat on its face? Haha and its so funny that they actually think that if they end up in front then they win, I mean Id love to see them in a marathon or 5K road race, haha they would probably pass you after you stopped at the finish line and be like "hey I won!", uh no you didnt jackass, get a clue...