Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Burnout=red lights behind me...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 01:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burnout=red lights behind me...

Not a race but figure I would post it here..

Sunday morning 7:30 am, im running to the bank and to get some chow. Im sitting at a red light waiting to turn left, no one around.....now the street im turning out onto is the kind that is alittle slicker, eaiser to burn out on....its my favorite spot. Light turns green, I turn and punch it at 2500 rpm spinning the tires good and then hit 2nd and burn them again....I get to about 60 and let off (limit is 50)......5 seconds later a cop rolls up to a corner of a upcoming street, im doing about 52 to 53, pass him and he pulls out and hits the lights and gets behind me....

cop: license and insurance please

me: (give him both) Can I ask why you pulled me over ?

cop: well im coming down the road here and I hear tires squeeling and I get up to the intersection and your the only car around

me: It was that Vette probably going the other way. Was I speeding ?

cop: No

me: OK

cop: I just wanted to ask what kind of exhaust you had. I heard you coming from the time you started, you grabbed 2 gears and it sounded so sweet.My brother has a 2002 T/A and was looking for a new system.

me: Well it was'nt me doing the burnout, but I have a Magnaflow catback

cop: Well since it was'nt you doing the burnout, I guess I have to try to find that Vette and see what he has (grinning ear to ear hands me back my license and ins) How hard you think it would be for me to find that Vette ?

me: hard

cop: very hard ?

me: yup

cop: (starts laughing) Have a nice day and drive safe

me: always and you have a nice day too

I pulled away and was like wow, and then I was like WTF?? I never had a break in my life, but he really never seen me doing anything wrong either. Either way, he was very cool about it.......it made my day
Old 10-20-2005, 01:30 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some cops are interested in that stuff...one asked what I had under the hood of my 95 F-bod LT1 after issuing the ticket...dick
Old 10-20-2005, 01:54 AM
Teching In

I had something like that happen to me before...I had a peice of **** 92 RS Camaro and was at a left turn lalne at the light with my buddy in his S-10 in the turn lane next to me. We both gun it around the turn and I suddenly run out of fuel (damn infamous F-body fuel gauges..it said I still had a half tank left) and I coast past a cop who had been sitting in the shadows off the side of the street looking for speeders. I ended up stopping maybe 100 feet in front of him and I look in my rearview mirror and see him pull out and come up behind me and I was like "****!...He saw us racing and now I'm going to get my car impounded" Instead he walks up to the window....doesn't even ask for a license or registration and ask me if I ran out of gas and if I needed a ride to the gas station to get some. I was thinking "did he even see or hear us take that corner?" and before I could even finish the thought he said "by the way, I heard you guys trying to race each other around that turn...it's not the wisest place to do it....take it out east on the 8 or something." I thought "what the ****? A cop telling me where the safest place to race is?" I didn't argue it though and he gave me the ride to the gas station and then told me to have a nice night...I was lucky..in the state of California I would of got a 30 day impound, lost my license for 30 days and have to pay close to 2000 dollars in fines...
Old 10-20-2005, 04:53 AM
Launching!

Your lucky... normally I get the cop that wants to stick a nightclub up my *** for having a fast car.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, its amazing that some people just have all the luck sometimes. My friend was tailed by a cop then eventually pulled over for burning out through an intersection. The cop didn't even ask him for his license or anything he just walked over to the car and asked what the hell he had done to it. My friend told him full bolt-ons and the cop said he had never in his whole career seen a burnout like that before. Then he says "I should give you a ticket, but you have a bad *** car so take it easy" WTF!? Cool story but that would never happen to me.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
Your lucky... normally I get the cop that wants to stick a nightclub up my *** for having a fast car.
why you have an lt1

haha just kidding
Old 10-20-2005, 03:24 PM
11 Second Club

lol..lucky bastard!!!!
cops around here would harrasse me just for the simple fact of lying to them...and you know he knew you were lyin...he was cool about it.
nice story!
Old 10-20-2005, 03:49 PM
TECH Resident

damn, i need to move wherever all these cops are
Old 10-20-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's a funny story...
I once had a cop pull me over to tell me my car was nice, and then asked me how he could tell the different between the lt1 body styles and the ls1 body styles... I ended up giving him a lesson and showing him pictures of my camaros. I had to ask him to write me a warning so that when I got to work, I would have some way to prove why I was late.
It's nice to catch a break every once in a while.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:40 PM
12 Second Club

when cops ask you what mods you have, dont slip and say long tubes w/ ORY
Old 10-20-2005, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oohtwo WS6
Not a race but figure I would post it here..
For future reference, any thread that starts off this way does not belong here. Loung material...
Old 10-20-2005, 06:00 PM
TECH Addict

hahah that's awesome. I got pulled over in a parking garage by rent-a-cop and I was practically pissin my pants because My cutout was open and I was tearing the parking garage up volume wise...he gets out of his car and is like "we have you on camera hot rodding" and I was like what is that? I was not speeding. He then looked my car up and down and asked me what year it was and I just appoligized for being to aggressive in the garage and we waved good bye. Nice guy maybe he wouldn't have been if he could actually write tickets?
Old 10-20-2005, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bastien
when cops ask you what mods you have, dont slip and say long tubes w/ ORY
Old 10-20-2005, 06:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Actually, some cops can be cool if you have a bad *** car. They're even cooler when you have an Acclaim like I do. I was pulled over in my Acclaim one time for speeding 40 in a 35 and the cop let me go (I assume) because it died on me and he felt sorry for me. He said, "I saw your car jerk and your lights dim when I passed you. Did it die on ya?" I lowered my head and said yes. It was like it vapor locked or something but I couldn't get it started until like 10 minutes after he left. He didn't offer to call a wrecker or anything but that turned out for the best.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:22 AM
TECH Resident

cops are no different than us. some are not interested in cars, some are. I had a cop roll up next to me at a red light and was just starring at my car.. He rolled his window down and said he loved the car. I had another one, follow me forever and to finally pull me over for a very small parking pass on my mirror and bitch at me for it... 1/2 inch was hanging below the mirror and he chews my ***...
Old 10-21-2005, 05:34 PM
11 Second Club

i had a cop lecture me for 15mins on how nice of a car and how big of a dumbass i am for street racing....when i was not street racing, i was taking a friend home and 2 other people were racing and i got pulled over for a (unsafe change of direction ticket) for getting off the freeway without a blinker, and i touched the soild white line
Old 10-21-2005, 07:02 PM
10 Second Club

i had this happen to me 2 times.

first time i was terrorising around with my cutout open and got pulled over after making a left from the straight lane. the cop said "you have such a beautiful car, why are you tearing around here like a jackass" . he went on to tell me he is a car guy also, and he has a 97 cobra. we started discussing drag radials (he runs bfg's and i run nitto's) and somehow before i knew it my car was on and i was brake stalling my car to show him i in fact had a 3800rpm stall. this part was funny as ****.

cop- what is done to this?

me- stall, headers, tires

cop- so it is stalled huh? i heard you revving and then i saw you were auto so i guessed it was

me- yeah, 3800 stall.

cop- 3800!? that cannot be streetable

me- it's actually not that bad, i still have lockup for the highway/cruizing.

cop- no way it's 3800, what is the true stall

me- 3800, here i'll show you (start car up and brake stall it up a little bit to like 2800)

cop- that doesn't sound like 3800

me- (turn my lights on so he can see my tach, then brake stall up to like 3400 where my cold tires are about to break loose. he steps back as my rear torques up and he sticks his head in the open t-top to look at the tach). i could get it higher if i used the e-brake but you get the idea.

cop- cool man.

- i talked to the guy for like an hour, before i told him i had to go to meet with my friend. haha, he was cool. he was talking to me about racing the new mach 1's, i told him i've heard they were nasty but he said he has had at least 2 carlengths on every mach he's raced. i asked him if he has ever been to the track with the car and he said no . im like "this ******* cop street races"
Old 10-22-2005, 04:25 AM
On The Tree

We have a cop that street races with 04 vert Cobra haha. He also has a 1970 Mach 1 with a 351. It runs 11's... but now he should be in the 10's. hehe.

Ive been pulled over for racing one time.... well not really racing. I was messing around with a friend that was driving an excursion. Like always we were just messing around. I had my ex in my car. So we were at a light and I punched it but saw my friend lag it at the light. So I knew something was up. So I slowed down and pulled into his lane. Sure enough there was a cop behind the car I was ahead of. So he pulls me over and says "Dont you hate it when you get caught??" and I just look at him and smile and get red lol. He then says "be careful.. you have your girl with you. You dont want to tell her dad you killed her or something" then he asked for my license and told me to leave right after. hehe... I didint even speed though. I punched it and got it up to 25 in a 35. But that was in my Mustang GT.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Addict

Some of the stories in here are purely priceless!
Old 10-22-2005, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats awesome how different some cops are. I had a cop behind me after i got on it a little to merge with traffic and he passed me coming into two left turn lanes. i let him get up front and i was gonna stay back a bit so i wasnt just thumping on his side. i was running open headers since i bent my ory. he rolled his window down and gave me the motion to pull up beside him and was like "you got flowmasters on that thing?" i just smiled and said "nah man. im running it open right now." he just nods then goes "sounds nice!" then rolls up his window. i wanted to drop him a couple revs but then realized that probably wasnt the best of ideas.