Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Good night of racing

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 07:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Good night of racing

Last nite met up with a few people from a local board to do some night time racing. Practically everyone there had a Honda of some sort except for myself. They all had some sort of engine swap (I dont know honda speak) or other motor work.

First car I ran was an old Accord (90-91), he had a civic SI motor with a 50 shot. Little bastard was quicker than I figured it would be, we ran till about 90-100mph, just short of a 1/4. I was able to put maybe 2 cars on him by that point. This car looked like an old beat up 90-91 Honda... I bet he gives the SRT guys heartaches.

Second car I ran was some sort of Civic Hatch. LS motor (whatever that means) and a turbo of unknown size, so telling you how much boost he had is really irrelevant. Either way, he has enough boost to get him to run a 12.7@113. I figured this was a loss for my car. I honk it off and I got the hole shot on him, even with a weak bogging launch (1900 rpms), and I held him off till about halfway through 3rd gear, and he proceeded to pass me. From a roll it was worse since he didnt have to worry about launching. Oh well... I cant always be the fastest, especially with a basically stock car right?

Last car of the night for me was a Supercharged S2k. He was a roll patrol only car. The first time he honked it off, but I didnt hear it so he got the jump, and we shut down I was at his bumper. Just sitting there. Next time we went I honked it off and I was able to put a car or so on him by 80. Pretty quick, seems ls1 like from a roll. Im sure if we would have done it from a dig he wouldnt have a chance.

There were a few others, but no one that wanted to, asked to run. RX7, another Turbo Civic.... etc

I should be going again tonight, this time we plan on having more participants.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice man keep us updated.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:49 PM
Staging Lane

It's always fun to race the imports - especially the well built and tasteful ones. I can see how it's fun for them because beating one of us is a strong accomplishment - kinda like when we walk a C5 or 6. Of course, a few more mods and you'll be tough to touch.

Have fun!
Old 11-04-2005, 02:02 PM
Teching In

SPORKLOVER! HA awsome name. sweet racing too.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not all imports are rice, good races man.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:39 PM
TECH Resident

Nice kill and nice death. I have heard that S/c Honda 2k's are really a good run for us, but i am not to sure how good they are from a roll......Hope you have fun when ya go again!!
Old 11-05-2005, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well last nite there were 4 times as many cars, and most of them I wouldnt try to touch.

There was a beat up, POS looking CRX on the spray that raced a a4 02 Z28 with a slight stall, lid/cat back, and spray. Good enough to get him 11.1. Well when he raced the crx he only put 1.5-2 cars on him and the CRX was reeling him in quick. They raced a little over a 1/4
Old 11-05-2005, 08:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Stanger88
Not all imports are rice, good races man.
I agree.