Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Trash talker put foot in mouth

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 09:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trash talker put foot in mouth

A guy i work with went and bought a new car, he got him a 96 acura integra with some motor straight from japan, and had a turbo kit put on it runnin 9lbs of boost. (just so you know every guy in the shop has flamed him for it, and i have given him the new nickname "turbo timer"). This guy would not leave me alone about runnin my car against his, talkin trash tell me how bad its gona kill my car.
I was done hearding it so we went out on the ol lunch break. he wanted to go from a roll proably so he could have boost built, anyway first we went from a 20 roll. 3rd honk i jumped about half a car on him, hit 2nd , it was over, pulled him down the road, not even a race, ran him up to 120 had about 6 cars on him. Course he claimed he missed a shift. We did it again from a 30 roll, same story, except i leaped about a full car on him from 30. we got back to work and was sayin it was runnin good the other day but its not runnin right today and he thinks he needs his computer tuned on some more. sore loser.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Many times, the people with the slower car/less knowledge will talk the most trash.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:47 PM
Banned

Good kill. A friend i worked with had a lightly modded 97 cobra. He always said he would drill me in my bonestock 01 Z28. Everyone at work was on the ford bandwagon as well. So we lined em up and i put about 2 cars on him from a dig in about an 1/8th. He now drives truck
Old 11-10-2005, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The day a ricer says, "ok you got me fair and square," will be the day hell freezes over. Granted I have slightly more respect for this guy than the typical ricer, at least he's done something to his car. But he should know his place.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:45 PM
TECH Regular

i just gave him the ol spill "...frear no turbo,for tourqe art with me"
Old 11-10-2005, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Haha nice. I always love these stories.

Ricer kill stories are like chicken soup for the soul.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

good killl. maybe he'll put that car in the dumpster where it belongs and get a real car...
Old 11-10-2005, 11:24 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I raced an S2000 in my 5.0 and he had no excuses for me. He even admitted to losing to a black hatch back (5.0) the other day.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stanger88
I raced an S2000 in my 5.0 and he had no excuses for me. He even admitted to losing to a black hatch back (5.0) the other day.

Thats cause not everybody driving a foreign car acts like half the people seem to act here like they drive the best car on the planet.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

Talking

Originally Posted by Mike00
Thats cause not everybody driving a foreign car acts like half the people seem to act here like they drive the best car on the planet.
I here what your saying here. I like pretty much all cars, especialy if they are in good shape and put together right. I admit that the attitudes that some of the import drivers seem to have can be an issue. I think maybe its a combination of age, [ most are very young] and a lack of experience in dealing with muscle cars. Crusing around with wings, ground effects etc, believing your fast because you have never run against a muscle car built for speed is a recepie for arrogance. A lot of these guys have a hard time facing up to the fact that despite how much money they may have spent, and how awesome their car may look, its a matter of numbers. Horsepower that is, and most performance V-8's have more. Anybody else have an idea??
Old 11-11-2005, 03:06 AM
Staging Lane

.And besides better gas mileage doesn't mean they make the finish line any quicker..imho ,sorry for the spelling.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dannyz
I here what your saying here. I like pretty much all cars, especialy if they are in good shape and put together right. I admit that the attitudes that some of the import drivers seem to have can be an issue. I think maybe its a combination of age, [ most are very young] and a lack of experience in dealing with muscle cars. Crusing around with wings, ground effects etc, believing your fast because you have never run against a muscle car built for speed is a recepie for arrogance. A lot of these guys have a hard time facing up to the fact that despite how much money they may have spent, and how awesome their car may look, its a matter of numbers. Horsepower that is, and most performance V-8's have more. Anybody else have an idea??
I agree but you know what I've never heard foreign import cars talk in such masses about odmestics in forums like people do here about imports. It's always about 1/4 times here to and thats not whatm osti mports are built for. Most imports are buitl for handling. I'm just surprised by how many people talk crap about imports here.

Theres not to many7 cars out there that I don't respect for one reason or another. Talking about young kids reminds me of so many people here who think the only thign in a car that matters is the 1/4 mile time.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:57 AM
STF Veteran

lovin the kill man
Old 11-11-2005, 08:17 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

What a stupid ***.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:43 AM
TECH Resident

Nice kill
Old 11-11-2005, 08:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by vodas00ss
i just gave him the ol spill "...frear no turbo,for tourqe art with me"

How true it is. That's the number one thing that Ricers seem to either forget or not understand. I guess it comes from having never felt the awsome effect of having lots of torque.

Once had an Acura try & school me just 'cuz I passed him. He had something under the hood 'cuz my victory was car lenghts & not bus lengths. I'd bet boosted Acura's are a lot of fun to drive. Just wish the Ricer mentality didn't come along with it.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:19 PM
TECH Regular

hey thanks for the responses guys, the kill felt great , just thought i would share.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate when they lose and have weak excuses!
Old 11-12-2005, 01:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mike00
I agree but you know what I've never heard foreign import cars talk in such masses about odmestics in forums like people do here about imports. It's always about 1/4 times here to and thats not whatm osti mports are built for. Most imports are buitl for handling. I'm just surprised by how many people talk crap about imports here.

Theres not to many7 cars out there that I don't respect for one reason or another. Talking about young kids reminds me of so many people here who think the only thign in a car that matters is the 1/4 mile time.
Preach that **** to all the ricers who are trying to drag race us. Tell them just because they saw a movie that doesnt mean that their mom's civic with a fart can and a robo wing is even worth wasting gas on. Most the people here talk crap about ricers not imports, BIG difference.

Yes, most people here only care about 1/4 mile - straight line performance. Muscle cars arent exactly designed with nurburgring in mind. Many of us dont have a "road track" near us or would care if we did. (although with a little suspension work the f-body is no slouch) Alot of us race on the street, and if your racing in anything but a straight line then you are asking for trouble. (your already asking for enough trouble street racing period)

Come on dude, this is America.
(begin redneck voice)
Hay Cletus, lets you and me take our cawrs out old north highway and line 'em up side ba side and see which wuns faster.

Last edited by LSWannabe; 11-12-2005 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Editing
Old 11-12-2005, 03:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

I love when people bring in the "not just interested in straight line performance" story. A WS6 or SS equipped with the upgraded suspension parts is more than capable of holding its own on a road course. In fact its more than capable of beating alot of imports on the road.

Ricer does not equal import. I've seen alot of domestic cars I would consider to be a ricer.

Luke