Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cocky Stangs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 12:13 AM
Tech Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cocky Stangs?

WTF... OK, maybe one of you mustang guys can explain it to me. Do I have some huge bulleye on the back of my car or something? I cant seem to get out of my driveway without haveing some *** with a stang try to race me! It wouldnt be so bad if some of them were actualy fast (not saying all mustangs are slow) but all the ones around here have an cat back and nothing else. Is it some ***** envey thing bc theyre down on displacement?

Anyone else have this problem?
Old 11-27-2005, 12:26 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WhiteKnightZ28
WTF... OK, maybe one of you mustang guys can explain it to me. Do I have some huge bulleye on the back of my car or something? I cant seem to get out of my driveway without haveing some *** with a stang try to race me! It wouldnt be so bad if some of them were actualy fast (not saying all mustangs are slow) but all the ones around here have an cat back and nothing else. Is it some ***** envey thing bc theyre down on displacement?

Anyone else have this problem?
I think it's location. For me, when I'm driving I can't get anyone to come up and throw a rev a me for a race. Don't know why. My car looks stock. Don't have any ***** envy here. Remember, dynamite comes in little packages.

-Mark
Old 11-27-2005, 12:36 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
I think it's location. For me, when I'm driving I can't get anyone to come up and throw a rev a me for a race. Don't know why. My car looks stock. Don't have any ***** envy here. Remember, dynamite comes in little packages.

-Mark
I'm in the same boat as this guy......... However I did get to race a Mustang today. That was a first for me in Washington. So feel lucky. You don't have to race them, but if you want to you can. Must be nice.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:40 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
I think it's location. For me, when I'm driving I can't get anyone to come up and throw a rev a me for a race. Don't know why. My car looks stock.

-Mark
Ditto for me too.... even RICE doesn't throw revvs my way... do the flames do this or WHAT?!
Old 11-27-2005, 12:49 AM
Tech Resident

I dont know, mines a plane-jane so i guess they think that bc i dont have a huge hoodscoop (yet) or racing stripes i must be slow... and what do you meen "i dont have to race them" if i let them win its like letting the terorists win (or is that just what happens when i let a ricer do a flyby on me?)
Old 11-27-2005, 12:51 AM
10 Second Club

It sounds like there is a bunch of us who need to move to CT, so we can get some use of our cars. My car is a garage queen in the winter who eagerly awaits the drag season come summer. If there were anyone who would play and the weather to cooperate, I'd bring her out more often during the winter
Old 11-27-2005, 12:57 AM
On The Tree

Around here I can not even get a Mustang owner to even look at me.. the only ones I get to run are the 95-98 GT's they are no challenge for me. I even scared off a few Cobra owners I know I was going to lose just wanted to see it go!

V6's scaring off blown v-8's what is this world comming to..lol
Old 11-27-2005, 04:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

mustangs owners are becoming more wise to our motors capability, even the cobras, and thats why they stay away from lsx cars. ive even been followed by a cobra guy just to ask me what he would need to beat a turbo ls car i guess cuz i had a cutout,he assumed i was kwik. i told he was gonna need more than just a ported eaton with a smaller pulley and exhaust.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I can't get anything to try me, they assume i'm some old guy who won't race. I've gotten more surprised looks from me being so young (22) and driving a vette than races.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:22 AM
On The Tree

So when is the LS1 the fastest car in the world? People like to mess around. When I had my GT I would race just for the hell of it. Even if I knew I was gonna get wasted.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:25 AM
On The Tree

don't hate the car, it's the drivers that make asses outta themselves by revvin at ya. There are some very fast stangs out there, so don't think you own the road. It is most likely that the guys in the stangs are very young, and therefor cocky, I was the same way when I was younger. They will learn their lesson someday, as will you !!!!
Old 11-27-2005, 07:26 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AcE XBOX
So when is the LS1 the fastest car in the world?
It isn't. Just go to any track in the county and you'll find that out. It's an incredible motor though with tons of potential, no question about that.

To respond to the original question, I don't see what's so bad about everyone
trying to race you. I wish people tried racing me. Don't be surprised if you
get stomped. Mid 13's are nothing these days.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by unit213
It isn't. Just go to any track in the county and you'll find that out. It's an incredible motor though with tons of potential, no question about that.

To respond to the original question, I don't see what's so bad about everyone
trying to race you. I wish people tried racing me. Don't be surprised if you
get stomped. Mid 13's are nothing these days.
Agreed mid 13s are easily accomplished these days.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

That will be a accomplishment for me with Dr's I think I could get pretty close..
Old 11-27-2005, 01:49 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by 01MMMZ28
don't hate the car, it's the drivers that make asses outta themselves by revvin at ya. There are some very fast stangs out there, so don't think you own the road. It is most likely that the guys in the stangs are very young, and therefor cocky, I was the same way when I was younger. They will learn their lesson someday, as will you !!!!
whoa! i wasnt trying to come off like i own the streets... and i know there are plenty of fast stangs out there, but in my area they all have the rice mentality (big exhaust+big rims=really fast car) and its getting old, id rather be beat by a sleeper stang than contiune to race the dregs of socitey
Old 11-27-2005, 01:58 PM
Banned

Nobody will run with me. In the past year and a half i have owned two LS1s and have only had 2 races. IN my 01 A4 Z i raced a lightly modded 97 cobra and in my M6 T/A i raced a Supra about 30 feet until the cop pulled a u turn and took off after us. The *** across the street in his ORX Flowmaster only GT always wants to rev at me when im washing my car but when its go time he doesnt wanna play. Most newer GT owners are young kids it seems. The smarter guys 22-35 go for a cobra mach or 5.0.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to have your problem.

I can not get a race lately,might have something to do with the 4000 stall convertor helping me make lots of noise, just driving in traffic.

I did get a little shocked 1 time at the race track when this guy(I have never met) walks over and starts looking around my SS,finally he says "so i heard this thing runs low 11's" . I asked where he heard that ,and he said it was brought up by a few guys here(at the track) when i was at tech inspection.

Funny thing is ,i have only been to the track probably 2 times, in the past 2 years!
Dave
Old 11-27-2005, 02:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree with most of these guys, that its the AGE of most newer model mustang owners......and youth also leads to little knowledge about their cars and the LS1's...kinda like the old 5.0, we all remember the days of Vanilla Ice and the bad *** 5.0s, well many people still buy a 5.0 and right away think is a bad *** car, not knowing that a stock 5.0 cant beat much of anything these days ..but modified.....well thats a whole diffrent story. But with most of these people on the board...Im with them...I WISH i got more revs thrown my way
Old 11-27-2005, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kazfan30
I agree with most of these guys, that its the AGE of most newer model mustang owners
Yep...that's definitely it.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I will only say....save your real racing for the track. There is one fact for sure, most of the mustang crowd are young people (must be due to more accesibility in terms of price) and there is a tendency to be a higher degree of immaturity among them. In our local f-body club Im one of the younger ones...Im 33 so you get the picture.