Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Please Stop

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 02:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down Please Stop

I don't know if it bothers anyone else or if I am out of line to complain about it but I really wish these threads about who would beat who would stop.

I come to LS1Tech for two reasons, to read the kill stories and the classifieds. It's even one of my "Favorites". But I am getting tired of the increasing amount of "who will win" posts. At least put it in the title that your asking a question like that.

I have noticed myself somewhat avoided coming here knowing there are a bunch of them and dont feel like clikcing in and out of the non-kill/death stories.

I love LS1Tech nad post every now and then and just wanted to input that it's a turn off to see all the "who will win"s.

Thanks, Dan
Old 12-26-2005, 02:34 PM
TECH Regular

I agree
Old 12-26-2005, 02:48 PM
10 Second Club

i completly agree. the "who will win" or "what does XXX run" should be immediately moved to the racer's lounge or drag racing tech forums.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:58 PM
Launching!

I second that motion if you want to know just run them, if you lose and can't take it your ego's to damn big anyway
Old 12-26-2005, 03:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a street racing forum.....not just kill stories. Maybe you'd be happier in one of the technical forums.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:16 PM
On The Tree

There is a Racer's Lounge.

When people come here they expect to see kill stories. And in some cases death stories.

I am not trying to be hostile, it's just kind of sickening tryign to read racing stories, not reading about two cars that "want" to race.

Dan
Old 12-26-2005, 04:21 PM
TECH Addict

I agree. 'Who will win' stories involve neither a race or a kill. Plus no one can give you a good answer to your question, unless it's obvious anyway.

Jim
Old 12-26-2005, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

i concurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 12-26-2005, 06:37 PM
Staging Lane

Default So who will win?

The people who agree or disagree....
Old 12-26-2005, 06:49 PM
On The Tree

^

Dan
Old 12-26-2005, 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Will unit213, StreetStalkerZ, -Joseph-, or BigBronco please move this thread to the Lounge section. I visit LS1tech to read bench racing predictions in order to determine who would win during a street race. I really have no time to filter through threads complaining about my favorite pastime... bench racing.

Moreover, please delete the actual race/kill stories 'cause its sooo much more enjoyable to read everyones guess about who might win instead of just reading the actual outcome.

If the real kill stories continue without an increase in "who would win" stories I might have to start checking out the ricer forums more often. The forum title might be better if changed to "Who would win?".
Old 12-26-2005, 11:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The "Who will when" threads pertain to Street Racing so I'd say they belong here. It's not like clicking in and out of threads takes that much energy. If you see these titles, you don't want to read them, don't open them. Simple.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:41 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1obsession
The "Who will when" threads pertain to Street Racing so I'd say they belong here. It's not like clicking in and out of threads takes that much energy. If you see these titles, you don't want to read them, don't open them. Simple.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:06 AM
TECH Regular

Or better yet, the " Who will win " and they never posts results...WTF
Old 12-27-2005, 09:15 AM
On The Tree

The titles are not always "who will win".

More often than not its XXXX vs. XXXX.

Dan
Old 12-27-2005, 10:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hurley_21_07

I agree, I dont mind a few when it is out of pure curiosity and would like others opinions... BUT... you can search in this section just like you can for the other technical sections as well
Old 12-27-2005, 11:05 AM
Bad Trader (Louis H)

I dont see anything wrong with people asking about the outcomes of future races becuase most likely someone in this section has had racing experience with the car the person thinking about racing.. or they probably once owned or driven the car.Usally you can tell these kinda post just by reading the title so dont read them if you aren't gonna give advice or opinons for the person asking the question! Its nothing really to bitch about!
Old 12-27-2005, 11:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99S351
I dont see anything wrong with people asking about the outcomes of future races becuase most likely someone in this section has had racing experience with the car the person thinking about racing.. or they probably once owned or driven the car.Usally you can tell these kinda post just by reading the title so dont read them if you aren't gonna give advice or opinons for the person asking the question! Its nothing really to bitch about!

says the guy with one post. yeah, those posts do get really annoying. some of them are ok, but most are just annoying. you can't always tell from the title just like has been said because most of them are titled something like "C6 Z06 vs Viper SRT-10." sounds like a race to me..........then you get in and BAM!!!! you're hit with a wave of bullshit. once you get up from that oh so stinky roundhouse to the face you try another and another, but they're all the same.

i don't care enough to make a thread about it, but USUALLY those type threads suck a fat one. sometimes they are decent, but more times than not they are stupid and worthless.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:33 AM
Bad Trader (Louis H)

Originally Posted by RoAdRaGe912
says the guy with one post. yeah, those posts do get really annoying. some of them are ok, but most are just annoying. you can't always tell from the title just like has been said because most of them are titled something like "C6 Z06 vs Viper SRT-10." sounds like a race to me..........then you get in and BAM!!!! you're hit with a wave of bullshit. once you get up from that oh so stinky roundhouse to the face you try another and another, but they're all the same.

i don't care enough to make a thread about it, but USUALLY those type threads suck a fat one. sometimes they are decent, but more times than not they are stupid and worthless.
says the guy with 416 post LOL ...and what the hell is a stinky roundhouse kick LOL..(j/k) yea your right though some post do let you down when you read into it and theres no race just predictions and assumptions.. those damn chase stories suck also like ones titled C6 Z06 vs Viper SRT-10 and you read into them and they are saying how some cocky viper driver cuts them off and they try to catch up and race them but there too much traffic or no room to race. Like okay someone cut you off so you are getting back at him how?..ohh by speeding past them ohh you so ownned themm
Old 12-27-2005, 11:39 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't mind a Who Would Win type thread, as long as the race is about to happen, the results are recorded and shared with us. Now that's good info.

The funny thing, is that in case y'all haven't figured it out, you'll always have 3 types of responses in this forum for actual races:

A) Congrats! Nice kill!
B) Well you shoulda won, look at your mod list/setup/you raced a Mustang/Skittle/Ricer (hehe).
C) You beat the driver, not the car.

Also, you have runner ups like;
- roll racing is gay- race him from a dig and see what happens next time
- race him from a roll next time, that's where the ls1 pulls
- get some nitrous and do it again
- teach the rice what a real performance car can do
- '03 Cobras weigh 8000 pounds, that's why you hung with him
- good job on whooping the snob in the vette
- good kill on the mulletman in the fbod
- rustanks suck, nice kill
- skittles are gay, nice kill
- etc., etc., etc.