Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

There goes my liscense...

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 12:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default There goes my liscense...

So im driving down the road and I see one of my brothers friends in his new evo 8. He has some minor things done to it, nothing major. He has been talking **** about how he would beat me for some time now. I decided to put a stop to it... bad idea. In short, I took him by at least three car lengths from a 30 roll to about 100mph...before a nice police man heard us. I pulled into a parking lot, as did the evo, and the cop bypassed the evo and came striaght to me. well, seeing this, the evo burned out and took off. He got away. I didnt and got a reckless driving ticket. My second in 4 months. The first was doing 98mph in a 65. I also have a seatbelt ticket and a radar detector ticket in the last 6 months. I think it is safe to say that my liscense is gone.

Justin
Old 12-28-2005, 12:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

sucks man . .thats why u should take it the track . .or at least on deserted roads. . ehh i shouldnt be talkin i probably would have done the same thing . .good luck with that. man .. get on ur knee's and beg. . one good thing less money on gas and more on mods when u do get it back . .. .
Old 12-28-2005, 01:10 AM
Board Certified Idiot

Where are you located ,, LOL for them to be illleagel the Radar. That has to suck. but from the sitiuations you gave us that you have been in .. its safe to say that anywhere in the US that is not enough for you to lose ur L's if u dont plead guilty to it.You should be Fine. but anyway back to the Subject Nice Kill haha
Old 12-28-2005, 01:57 AM
Banned

Get a good lawyer man!
Old 12-28-2005, 02:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

You should be able to keep your L's if you bring a lawyer, but your insurance may go up a lot. Like said, take it to a deserted road at least, or the track. I enjoy my decent insurance rate for being 23 with 3 vehicles, partly because i dont street race often. You got lucky the first time, 30 over and you can go to jail and get your car impounded in most states.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:17 AM
Staging Lane

Get your self a lawyer if needed... I was once charged with much worse then what has happen to you and I had it all droped. It will be fine.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:31 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a lawyer, dont skimp on paying your way out of it, a little money now will save you a LOT OF MONEY later!!! Remember, all the law REALLY WANTS is to make a buck off of you, 99% of the time you can legally pay your way out and everyone smiles (except the wallet). Sad but true, money makes the rules. Pay to play.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:57 AM
11 Second Club

He is right , get a good lawyer,and pay the find
Old 12-28-2005, 08:25 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by nokeman
So im driving down the road and I see one of my brothers friends in his new evo 8. He has some minor things done to it, nothing major. He has been talking **** about how he would beat me for some time now. I decided to put a stop to it... bad idea. In short, I took him by at least three car lengths from a 30 roll to about 100mph...before a nice police man heard us. I pulled into a parking lot, as did the evo, and the cop bypassed the evo and came striaght to me. well, seeing this, the evo burned out and took off. He got away. I didnt and got a reckless driving ticket. My second in 4 months. The first was doing 98mph in a 65. I also have a seatbelt ticket and a radar detector ticket in the last 6 months. I think it is safe to say that my liscense is gone.

Justin
Ouch, you got to pay to play. You didn't learn the first time, but now it's twice. Ooof, I hope your lawyer can get you off.

Don't get me wrong, we all play, just know when to say when.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:21 PM
On The Tree

yea Im in the same situation with the reckless driving. 2 in 6 months
Old 12-28-2005, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

will a lawyer really help with these? i mean 98 in a 65 is pretty hard to argue out of. the reckless driving maybe because the cop was on the opposite side of the road when he saw us. by the way...i live in va, fairfax to be exact. the worst place for speeding. oh well we will see what happens.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good luck man, it sucks but thats why i try to avoid street racing at all costs, or if im gonna run someone its from a stoplight to a little over the speed limit, roll racing on public roads is just begging for a ticket. Not trying to preach, just ive seen way too many people lose their licenses/get huge tickets over racing. Good luck though and let us know how it turns out, and a Lawyer will def not hurt!
Old 12-28-2005, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

definately dont mind the preach...perhaps if i had had that before i would have gotten my self into this mess. i kinda figured that about the lawyers, i mean it can only help.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

ahhhh not fairfax. I hate living in this shitty place. Going to my friends house 3 or 4 blocks away ill see about 4 cops on the way there on saturdays. BTW was this evo white with a little vishnu sticker on the side?
Old 12-28-2005, 08:30 PM
Banned

Wreckless driving = 8 points here in ks
Old 12-28-2005, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

nope farnoush...it was a red one. this was on braddock road. my own dumbass fault for racing on that road anyway. you live around this area? what are you driving?
Old 12-29-2005, 06:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nokeman
will a lawyer really help with these? i mean 98 in a 65 is pretty hard to argue out of. the reckless driving maybe because the cop was on the opposite side of the road when he saw us. by the way...i live in va, fairfax to be exact. the worst place for speeding. oh well we will see what happens.
Yes a lawyer can help. Basically it will come down to something like this:

1). You pay to hire a lawyer.

2). Your lawyer talks to the DA.

3). The DA agrees to reduce the charges to something pathetic and minimal if you agree to pay 2-3 times the original fine amount.

4). You agree and pay a rediculous amount of money between the lawyer fees and the court fines.

5). Your license is saved and minimal points (if any) are accessed.

I did this once to get a ticket for speeding in a school zone (3 month license suspension) reduced to regular speeding (28 in a 20). I paid double the fine but didn't lose my license.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:58 AM
11 Second Club

sad to say...yes in our currupt judicial system it is far too easy to get out of huge tickets..the higher they are, the more reason to get a lawyer. lawyers are in it together so they bullshit their way out of big fines and points but make it so the city still gets their cash. beautifull country isnt it..lol.
this is why so many repeat offenders still drive drunk untill one of those ******* kills someone, than they worry about putting them in jail. retarded.
goodluck though...you should be ok...atleast be able to get away with a work license.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:59 AM
TECH Resident

no way... you both live in fairfax?? so do i... i live in burke, right off of 123 and burke center. I drive a silver formula. i think i know that white evo you are talkin about farnoush. I think i know who he is... i know alot of the imports around cause most of my friends have imports but i dont know any f-bodies around... would be sweet to meet up sometime, peace...
Old 12-29-2005, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

hey you give me a time and a place and ill meet up. theres also a guy right by fiarfax highschool who just got his c5 H/C a little while ago. i had no idea there were this many ls1's around this area.