Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Best Kill To Date!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 05:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best Kill To Date!!!!!

I was on my way home from college two weeks ago when a 97 white Z28 pulls up beside me in stand still traffic in nashville. When I noticed him, I reved it up alittle bit only to about 2500 R's. There was another guy in there with him, and when he rolled down his window, he asked if I would race him for a thousand dollars. I was like hells no! I'm on my way home from college and I only have 40 bucks. So I talked him into racing for fun. I figured he was either talking out of his ***, or he really did have something done to it, and he just wanted to rape me. Well we pull side by side at about sixty five and honk three times and go. I heard this crazy sound come from the motor that was very loud. When My car hit third, I started to pull away, and at 115 I had him 2 cars.... Well, he pulled up beside me and asked how much juice I was using. I sayed none, I just had exhaust and lid mods.. Then I asked him what he had, he followed by saying a powerdyne supercharger. I was thinking, "Holy Shis". Well to confirm it, I asked him to pull over at the next exit to see if it was true. Sure enough there was a supercharger stuffed inbetween the radiator and motor. I popped my hood so he would believe I didn't have nitrous.. He was like, thats one of those ----- intakes, And I was like LS6, and he was like ya. The guy obviously didn't have much knowledge of the LS1. HE didn't know the name of the motor either.....
Old 03-15-2006, 05:41 PM
12 Second Club

It probably wasn't even tuned, probably didn't have proper supporting bolt-ons, and OBVIOUSLY had a moron for a driver. Probably just a dumbshit with too much money.

A properly supercharged LT1 would mop the floor with ya

Good kill!
Old 03-15-2006, 05:46 PM
10 Second Club

Ya, that's what I thought... But he does have a 3.73, and I have a 2.73.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:05 PM
TECH Resident

Good kill man, there are way to many ******** around with to much money in their cars that cant drive
Old 03-15-2006, 06:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

good kill on a jackass with a blower.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:16 PM
TECH Resident

Good kill. What year are you at Tech? I know several people who graduated from there in the last year and who still go.

Jason
Old 03-15-2006, 07:32 PM
10 Second Club

I'm just a freshman, and still don't know what major to take. I might go mechanical & Industrial technology, not sure though.

But anyways, the guy was a pretty big *****. I told him I was gonna get my car dyno tuned to get rid of the governor, and tune it for my applications; he was like, "Man, what you should do, is go to Hunters, and buy the Hypertech." I was like, is this guy serious. And when I found out he wasn't joking, I told him that sounds like a better idea, just so I could get the hell out of there.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If only you would have put down the money!
Old 03-16-2006, 10:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

What an idiot. He doesnt deserve that car. Nice kill though.

BTW have fun at Tech, great school.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good kill man!

I live in Cookeville myself!
Old 03-17-2006, 08:57 PM
TECH Regular

funny thing is that there are sc lt1's putting 3's down and then there are lt1's putting down , anyhow seems like you had a good run, nice kill.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 273sunsetZ
I'm just a freshman, and still don't know what major to take. I might go mechanical & Industrial technology, not sure though.

But anyways, the guy was a pretty big *****. I told him I was gonna get my car dyno tuned to get rid of the governor, and tune it for my applications; he was like, "Man, what you should do, is go to Hunters, and buy the Hypertech." I was like, is this guy serious. And when I found out he wasn't joking, I told him that sounds like a better idea, just so I could get the hell out of there.
Well you have awhile before you need to decide on a major. I started out in M.E. then switched to Business Adm. (I went to USI) after my freshman year and still finished in 4 years never taking more then 15 hrs per semester.

The next thing you need to do is a ported throttle body. Then make a baseline dyno run with a wide band to see if you really need any tuning. Some cars run rich from the factory, and some are spot on, so you may not even need to get a tune except to delete codes and the govenor.

Jason