Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Funny kill on 2nd gen camaro last night

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 03:25 PM
uno
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny kill on 2nd gen camaro last night

Coming home from the gym, I had this White 2nd gen camaro keep giving me the flyby sounding like a jet plane taking off. So finally I went with him from about a 20 mph roll and by about 85 i had 7-10 cars on him, ultra bad. So then we went again from a 55mph and I waited til he hit and went and then started puttin cars on him by about 65-70 and i let off after about 2-3 cars. Then on down the road getting ready to enter a city, he just gives the WOT in the left hand lane doing about i dunno 70 or 80 in a 45. So i keep doing 45 and follow him and he pulls into a parking lot. I pull in right beside him. I tell him nice car , it's cool that you raced, etc etc etc. So then he proceeds to tell me, " Oh i'd smoke you in the quarter mile." I was like "Oh would ya now?". Then he proceeds to tell me about his car's 4.10 gear, rock crusher tranny and 500hp engine. He was like look under the hood if you don't believe me lol Sooooooo he popped his hood and there was an SBC with an edelbrock carb and manifold and long tube or midlength (couldn't tell) headers. So once again I tell him that's cool, dont think it's quite 500 hp though since i'm barely putting out 300whp and have a 2.73 gear. Well he just keeps on about how he'd smoke me from a stop if we had anywhere to go race. I didn't even waste my time. I came on home and just went to bed. I would kill that thing even worse from a stop with little doubt in my mind. But giving him credit, the car was very nice and clean for that generation camaro and he was younger so maybe he didn't know any better about the 500hp.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lmao ****** idiots
Old 10-21-2006, 04:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

What a moron.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

maybe when he gets older he won't say he's got 500 hp after he gets his *** handed to him...good kills
Old 10-21-2006, 06:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good kill. Seems like he was just running his mouth. You must have like 650hp then. LOL
Old 10-21-2006, 08:42 PM
uno
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
Good kill. Seems like he was just running his mouth. You must have like 650hp then. LOL
Yeah, i got pretty decent numbers out of my lid+exhaust. Gained about 350hp
Old 10-21-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by uno
Coming home from the gym, I had this White 2nd gen camaro keep giving me the flyby sounding like a jet plane taking off. So finally I went with him from about a 20 mph roll and by about 85 i had 7-10 cars on him, ultra bad. So then we went again from a 55mph and I waited til he hit and went and then started puttin cars on him by about 65-70 and i let off after about 2-3 cars. Then on down the road getting ready to enter a city, he just gives the WOT in the left hand lane doing about i dunno 70 or 80 in a 45. So i keep doing 45 and follow him and he pulls into a parking lot. I pull in right beside him. I tell him nice car , it's cool that you raced, etc etc etc. So then he proceeds to tell me, " Oh i'd smoke you in the quarter mile." I was like "Oh would ya now?". Then he proceeds to tell me about his car's 4.10 gear, rock crusher tranny and 500hp engine. He was like look under the hood if you don't believe me lol Sooooooo he popped his hood and there was an SBC with an edelbrock carb and manifold and long tube or midlength (couldn't tell) headers. So once again I tell him that's cool, dont think it's quite 500 hp though since i'm barely putting out 300whp and have a 2.73 gear. Well he just keeps on about how he'd smoke me from a stop if we had anywhere to go race. I didn't even waste my time. I came on home and just went to bed. I would kill that thing even worse from a stop with little doubt in my mind. But giving him credit, the car was very nice and clean for that generation camaro and he was younger so maybe he didn't know any better about the 500hp.
Nice kill.

Just some hands on experience for you though......My brother's second gen camaro is like that. It has a 383 stroker (looks punie under the hood) and runs 12.0. As soon as he gets his new cam he will run high 11s. He only has 3.73s cause he has the stock 3 speed auto. With those gears and tranny, he can't driver for shiat on the highway. It is a 1320 car that is streetable. I am not saying the guy wasn't lying or that you wouldn't beat him. I am only giving an example that some cars (espcially the old detroit muscle) are setup for 1320 only racing, and suck at highway racing. Most detroit muscle guys could give two shiats about highway racing.

Again, nice kill.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:40 PM
uno
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Nice kill.

Just some hands on experience for you though......My brother's second gen camaro is like that. It has a 383 stroker (looks punie under the hood) and runs 12.0. As soon as he gets his new cam he will run high 11s. He only has 3.73s cause he has the stock 3 speed auto. With those gears and tranny, he can't driver for shiat on the highway. It is a 1320 car that is streetable. I am not saying the guy wasn't lying or that you wouldn't beat him. I am only giving an example that some cars (espcially the old detroit muscle) are setup for 1320 only racing, and suck at highway racing. Most detroit muscle guys could give two shiats about highway racing.

Again, nice kill.
I agree. But after going from a 20mph roll and dominating, i knew he didn't have anything for me. Cause i even left my auto in OD on all the races. I had crappy mph/gear every race iirc.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice kill, guy sounds like he just wants to be "first to 40!" considering you were puttin' a hurt on him in the upper.