Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Fried Rice

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 10:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fried Rice

I am leaving the track after a Friday night test-n-tune. I was not running, just hanging out and helping a friend/customer tune his car. While riding down the two lane (each way) bypass I see headlights coming up on me fairly quickly and then slow in the other lane. I couldn't really tell what it was at that point as he was still 8-10 cars back but I checked my speed to make sure I was within the limit. I am talking on the phone and trying to plug the friggin thing in because it was chirping at me due to a low battery. While fighting with the phone I see and hear this white Acura coming FLYING by me. It was whistling so I figured it was either turbocharged or supercharged but couldn't tell at the time. It scared the sh*t outta me as I had no idea that he was going to pull a ricer fly by. I let it ride and kept driving. He then slows down and gets in the right lane. He is well below the speed limit and I pass him on the left. I continue talking and he pulls the same sh*t again. At this point I have had enough. I know there is a light coming up as at this point on the bypass the lights are far and few between. I get ahead and get into the turn lane to make a u-turn to go back towards the track where there is less traffic. I get out at the light and the first thing outta his mouth is - "Wanna run again". I told him that I didn't realize that we ran once already. I then ask him if he has any money. He says no and I tell him I don't do charity work. I know the light is going to change again in a minute so I said alright let's go. We make a u-turn and he is still rolling not wanting to go from a stop but from a roll. He keeps lagging behind and won't get beside me. I wait until I hear his car start building boost and nail it. He fades off into the distance and I let off. At this point he is probably 10-12 cars back. I then realize he is still coming about to do another fly-by. I nail it again and he fades off but not quite as much. I slow down after making my point but he won't come up beside me again. He got off on one of the exits and I went on home.

Jim C.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Teching In

Thats great, I bet the look on his face was priceless. Good to see some people from Alabama on here.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Staging Lane

sweet kill story ...i alway loved when people try do a ricer fly by
Old 10-27-2006, 11:03 AM
TECH Regular

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Beautiful, just beautiful...
Old 10-27-2006, 11:44 AM
TECH Regular

Shutting down a ricer flyby is one of the best feelings in the world. They're in their car thinking "MAD TYTE!", then when we nail it it's like "COT DAMN!". Then we think "Someone rode in on the short bus this morning"
Old 10-27-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Big Geek
I get out at the light and the first thing outta his mouth is - "Wanna run again".
Jim C.
That made me spit up my soda. Damn, that's . Nice kill! You've got some beasts there.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:18 PM
TECH Resident

I get out at the light and the first thing outta his mouth is - "Wanna run again". I told him that I didn't realize that we ran once already. I then ask him if he has any money. He says no and I tell him I don't do charity work.

That's good stuff there
Old 10-27-2006, 04:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what track did you go2? as you can see i live in birmingham. but that sounds funny when i read that it said wanna go again? i thought i skipped a line or something and re read it LOL.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good kill. I wonder why he thought you guys already raced??
Old 10-27-2006, 06:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bjamick
what track did you go2? as you can see i live in birmingham. but that sounds funny when i read that it said wanna go again? i thought i skipped a line or something and re read it LOL.
I was thinking the same thing, I went back 3 times to make sure I read the thing right, .
Old 10-27-2006, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I get out at the light and the first thing outta his mouth is - "Wanna run again".

Ricers have a poor sense of speed, which is why they think they're gaining on us when they do their fly-by. It's probably the same reason he thought you were running him. I guess they're not used to fast?
Old 10-28-2006, 08:23 AM
11 Second Club

Here in Montgomery I go to Montgomery Motorsports Park. It is a nice 1/4 mile track. I am sure in his diluted brain he assumed his fly-bys were some version of a run. Who knows what some people think. If I would have had the bottle open I would have cracked it and then pulled a Han Solo on his azz. LOL. "You like flied lice"? Thanks for the kind words gents. Take care.

Jim C.