Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

HAHAHA priceless. watch the end :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HAHAHA priceless. watch the end :)

The "rice" gets owned by the cop. and ofcourse the got perfect music at the end for it.

http://videos.streetfire.net/mostdis...ad96603617.htm
Old 12-13-2006, 12:06 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the whole video confuses me.

- the person getting pulled over is in an american-made, GM saturn
- the people accusing the saturn driver of being a ricer are punk-*** teens driving an STi

i mean, look at the irony. personally, i think the kids filming are bigger ricers than the girl that got pulled over. the irony is funner than the punchline of the vid

i mean honestly, how do you call someone a ricer, then take a shot out your back window and try and peer through your 2 foot tall wing?
Old 12-13-2006, 12:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i know i think thats funny also. but it hilarious that the guy mentions cops suck around their and telling his buddy to race her. then they see her pulled over.

but yes calling someone a Ricer and then having the STI with the Huge wing and the Air scoop is funny when the saturn looked stock bodywise also?
Old 12-13-2006, 12:57 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
i know i think thats funny also. but it hilarious that the guy mentions cops suck around their and telling his buddy to race her. then they see her pulled over.

but yes calling someone a Ricer and then having the STI with the Huge wing and the Air scoop is funny when the saturn looked stock bodywise also?
You forgot that its not rice since it comes stock with the huge *** wing and hood scoop
Old 12-13-2006, 01:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

its not a ricer.....its a tuner...
Old 12-13-2006, 08:18 AM
Teching In

i agree. all the person did in the sat. was speed. how does speeding make you a ricer?
Old 12-13-2006, 09:29 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Ericbigmac83
You forgot that its not rice since it comes stock with the huge *** wing and hood scoop

That was sarcasm right?
Old 12-13-2006, 10:06 AM
Teching In

I think people need to define ricer. The most common uses of the word is to define a person who has pimped out their import to make it look fast, yet never do any power adders other then a CAI and a fart can.

Now there is the domestic rice out there also. I've sadly even seen a few ls1 ricers.

I agree the Saturn was far from a ricer. Other then the tinted windows it looked stock. But calling an STi a ricer just seems a bit off since both the wing and scoop are functional.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Good kill
Old 12-13-2006, 12:16 PM
TECH Regular

I dont understand why any car with no more than 300fhwp from the factory needs a wing that big, or say its functional? Thats just me...if anybody can explain that to me ill take it back, I just dont get it.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:35 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
.... But calling an STi a ricer just seems a bit off since both the wing and scoop are functional.
It flies? It's damn-sure nothing like a wing on a sub-seven second car.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Phil8616
I dont understand why any car with no more than 300fhwp from the factory needs a wing that big, or say its functional? Thats just me...if anybody can explain that to me ill take it back, I just dont get it.
Originally Posted by Frost
It flies? It's damn-sure nothing like a wing on a sub-seven second car.
You guys can knock it all you like but the truth is you just lack the understanding behind the wing. Let me say this once nice an loud "IT'S NOT FOR DOWN FORCE". If you look at the design of the STi and EVO rear wing you will notice the top is FLAT. The top of the wing does nothing but hold the sides in place. Now if you look at the sides (risers) of the wing you will notice they rather odd shaped. The wing is designed to keep the rear of the car straight, not down. It works like an airplane tail and helps the rear of the car from coming around on it. If you look at the WRC version of the wing you will notice all the risers on it. Same idea but more extreme.

The only part of the wing that has any down force is the part that is on the trunk. It's small and has like 60lbs or 80lbs of down force at 100mph (read that on a site and have no proof of those numbers).

The scoop is because the STi have a Top Mount Inter Cooler which sites on top of the motor. Air is forced in through the scoop and over the TMIC to cool the charge from the turbo. Not the most effective method but it does work and is 100% functional.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:04 PM
10 Second Club

your not going to win any of us over on the sti bro...........too expensive both to buy and make fast and it still has too many doors
Old 12-13-2006, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sprung_monkey
your not going to win any of us over on the sti bro...........too expensive both to buy and make fast and it still has too many doors
He wasn't trying to win anyone over in any way. He was simply clearing up the some ignorant statements.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Though I haven't seen it in a while, it still ranks high on my "Pointless Videos" list.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:50 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
You guys can knock it all you like but the truth is you just lack the understanding behind the wing. Let me say this once nice an loud "IT'S NOT FOR DOWN FORCE". If you look at the design of the STi and EVO rear wing you will notice the top is FLAT. The top of the wing does nothing but hold the sides in place. Now if you look at the sides (risers) of the wing you will notice they rather odd shaped. The wing is designed to keep the rear of the car straight, not down. It works like an airplane tail and helps the rear of the car from coming around on it. If you look at the WRC version of the wing you will notice all the risers on it. Same idea but more extreme.

So an AWD car NEEDS a wing to keep it straight? And this wing actually keeps the car straight? Between you and I, even if I bought into that, there are a few dozen cars that fight much harder to keep the ***-end straight and manage just fine without the monster eyesore.

Ricers have tried to change the definition of the term over time so that they can feel like it doesn't fit them. Making a car ugly as **** with body kits and wings wasn't what started the ricer label; it was Asian cars.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sprung_monkey
Considering I might be selling my WRX for a ws6 I doubt I'm trying to pull anyone over to an STi.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:10 PM
TECH Regular

Understood, I just didnt understand why it has to be so big. But thanks for clearing it up.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Frost
So an AWD car NEEDS a wing to keep it straight? And this wing actually keeps the car straight? Between you and I, even if I bought into that, there are a few dozen cars that fight much harder to keep the ***-end straight and manage just fine without the monster eyesore.
No a RALLY car "uses" the wing to help it stay straight in the turns. I know this might be hard for you to understand but not everyone goes in a straight line. Goto nasioc.com, there are more people that do rally their STi's then you might think. And I don't need you to believe if the STi wing works or not, facts are facts. The wing isn't big for down force.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:31 PM
Staging Lane

oh come on...do you actually believe they put that huge wing on there so it can be a Rally car? ahha. I don't speak up much, but man what you're saying is unrealistic and a joke. please just step back and realize "hey, the STI designers are trying to pull in some of the rice crowd."

If you like the wing, you like the wing. I've seen a few "ricers" I like. BUT, don't try to make up for the fact it's supposed to be visually appealing by saying it's functional, because it's not. At least not to any extent the average joe will use it for (and by average I mean most of the people on this site. Street racing, the occasional track trip, etc.)