Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Acura came close...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 06:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Acura came close...

So last night, I was driving my fiancee back to her house when she giggles at a couple making out in a black ~01ish Acura Integra. I look over and notice a nice big wing and a fairly mild-sized fart can (about a 3"er).

He takes off a lil, showing off I guess for his girl and the muffler's just howlin away so I give it a lil gas to catch up with him (oh maybe, just maybe, it was a lil bit of an innocent taunt on my end). So at the next light, I take off on him at about 1/2 throttle and he catches up.

At the next light, I guess he decides he's gonna smoke me in his big, bad Integra so he starts revvin and such at me and keeps his revs up for the launch i guess. In response, I get a big SEG on my face and powerbreak as much as possible. The light turns green, I get him on the launch. I have half a car on him and he pulls a little but I gain the lost ground back and then some as I wind out 1st. 2nd's the same deal and I throw on the breaks at about 70 (lots of houses off of this street). He SLAMS on his breaks and gets behind me (stupid move but I guess severe embarassment will do that to ya). He stays behind me for a couple lights then finally turns left. He was beside me in the left hand turn lane but wouldn't look at me... heh his girl didn't seem to want to look at him either though. Lol

Well... all in all, he gave the Tahoe a pretty good run... all 5.3 completely stock lieters of it...
Old 12-22-2006, 06:22 PM
***Repost Police***

Must have been an automatic... but good run.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol thx great and it had to have been a stick in his thread he says he is keeping the rpms up so unless the teg neutral slammed it was a stick. lol
Old 12-22-2006, 11:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 95FbFormula
lol thx great and it had to have been a stick in his thread he says he is keeping the rpms up so unless the teg neutral slammed it was a stick. lol

heh glad u enjoyed it - it was a stick... before he decided to ran me, he didn't take it out of 1st for what sounded like 6k rpms and he was accelerating pretty slowly.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Must have been an automatic... but good run.
Whys that??

Stock Integras are slow and gutless, modded ones can be made quick. Of course no matter how many mods you do it will stil have no low end torque/power, so if you don't launch high and keep it in "VTEC", your going to get your *** kicked every time regardless
Old 12-23-2006, 03:17 AM
On The Tree

BubbaBFP raced a del sol the other day and smoked the **** out of it. Too bad the del sol couldnt keep up with his moms hemi ram lol.

Reminds me of the time a little Honda Civic hatch was trying to race me. He was power shifting and double shifting and he was very slowly losing ground to the car I was driving. So sad that he lost to a 96 Taurus. The biggest turd ever.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice kill
Old 12-23-2006, 03:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Feel the awsome power of the 5.3L. Good kill.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2000 SILVERADO
Feel the awsome power of the 5.3L. Good kill.

Heheh yah it's not a bad engine... could use some more top end though... and since the Tahoe's geared for towing, it's really hard to get it to kick down much at all once you're above 60... heh... with all that weight, traction sure isn't a problem though lol
Old 12-23-2006, 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tahoe FTW!! I wouldn't race anyone in my wife's '02 5.3L...I don't think it would beat a newer integra. I weighed it at around 5400 lbs last year!!!
Old 12-23-2006, 09:21 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by TransAminal
Whys that??

Stock Integras are slow and gutless, modded ones can be made quick. Of course no matter how many mods you do it will stil have no low end torque/power, so if you don't launch high and keep it in "VTEC", your going to get your *** kicked every time regardless
Might wanna change that to "some stock Integras are slow and gutless." Any 5spd 94-01 Integra *should* lay waste to a stock Tahoe.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There's a difference between *should* and *do* lay waste to a Tahoe.

An older Integra should beat a 5.3 Tahoe, based on paper math.
Most 5.3 Tahoes beat some older Integras, based on reality.

Then again, I get the offhand kills in my Av, which really makes me pull a wonderwhatdafuck (you could use a grandfathers clock for the 0-60 on this truck)
Old 12-23-2006, 09:59 PM
Banned

Might wanna change that to "some stock Integras are slow and gutless." Any 5spd 94-01 Integra *should* lay waste to a stock Tahoe.
Now you're just getting technical.

Its pretty obvious you're trying to stick up for the Integra, give it a rest already, nobody really cares all that much.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:02 PM
***Repost Police***

I'm not sticking up for it... I just merely gave my opinion that the Integra you raced was probably a base-model automatic, for you to beat it like that.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:20 AM
TECH Resident

I'm not sticking up for it... I just merely gave my opinion that the Integra you raced was probably a base-model automatic, for you to beat it like that.
It was a stick for sure and it was modded... doubt it had much more than a wing and a fart can on it though. I don't doubt riceboy had much in the way of driving skills... like it takes a whole lot when ur driving an economy car that barely makes it into the tripple digit RWHP realm. It was definately entertaining... I think the Tahoe should of won with infinite traction (with the stock power, duh.) and a nice lil powerbreak launch... but that's just me... I would expect that to change once the slug hit 3rd though... lol
Old 12-24-2006, 12:54 AM
***Repost Police***

Well if it was a modified 5spd, all I can do is have a nice laugh at the driver. Like I said before... good run. I can definitely imagine that I would be laughing my *** off if I saw a modified (however modified) Integra get beat by a Tahoe.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GTObsessor
So last night, I was driving my fiancee back to her house when she giggles at a couple making out in a black ~01ish Acura Integra. I look over and notice a nice big wing and a fairly mild-sized fart can (about a 3"er).

He takes off a lil, showing off I guess for his girl and the muffler's just howlin away so I give it a lil gas to catch up with him (oh maybe, just maybe, it was a lil bit of an innocent taunt on my end). So at the next light, I take off on him at about 1/2 throttle and he catches up.

At the next light, I guess he decides he's gonna smoke me in his big, bad Integra so he starts revvin and such at me and keeps his revs up for the launch i guess. In response, I get a big SEG on my face and powerbreak as much as possible. The light turns green, I get him on the launch. I have half a car on him and he pulls a little but I gain the lost ground back and then some as I wind out 1st. 2nd's the same deal and I throw on the breaks at about 70 (lots of houses off of this street). He SLAMS on his breaks and gets behind me (stupid move but I guess severe embarassment will do that to ya). He stays behind me for a couple lights then finally turns left. He was beside me in the left hand turn lane but wouldn't look at me... heh his girl didn't seem to want to look at him either though. Lol

Well... all in all, he gave the Tahoe a pretty good run... all 5.3 completely stock lieters of it...
That was great, I thought you were an some sort of sportscar (possibly an f-body I don't know why) but when I read you were in a truck I busted out laughing. Good kill and thanks for the post with the crazy twist.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 93transam
That was great, I thought you were an some sort of sportscar (possibly an f-body I don't know why) but when I read you were in a truck I busted out laughing. Good kill and thanks for the post with the crazy twist.
Glad it worked. My baby's in my sig... she's down right now because my pass side LT cracked its coating and rusted through. New one's on its way. It would've been a slaughter in the T/A

Irun, I agree.