Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Took on a Lotus and 350z...

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 04:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Took on a Lotus and 350z...

So I had just finished getting my freash cut from the barber shop, I am driving my car with the t-tops off and just rolling when i see a red Lotus. Dont know much about the car just that it looks fast and is very small. I did not like the way he was driving so i decided to give him a taste of his own medicine. We get on the highyway and quickly started a game of catch me if you can, i catch up to the little *** car in seconds and passed him like nothing we were going like 130mph the whole time. I know i should not be doing this but we were driving at very high speeds cutting through cars and just trying to see who had the fastest car. The whole time we were racing I was waiting for him to blow me away but i guess the Lotus is not that fast becasue the whole time my car was right with him. While we are driving down the highway a silver 350z decideds to join the fun and i line up next to him at about 125mph and just punch it all the way to leave him behind. I was most interested in the Lotus but i lost him when the small *** car cut through 2 cars and was able to sneak away... this was not a kill story just an experience that i will never forget because of how fast we were going the whole time.. for all the people we scared yesterday im sorry but i have to rep my cars power to the fullest...lol..
Old 12-24-2006, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good kills but leave the weaving crap to the ricers.
Old 12-24-2006, 06:27 PM
11 Second Club

yea I know thats why i send my apologies to all the peeps
Old 12-24-2006, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

Please both of you edit that stuff out of your posts before this becomese a 5 page thread. Don't mention that you were weaving through traffic. Lie and say it was an open road at 2am.

Dan
Old 12-24-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good runs.
Old 12-24-2006, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hmm, good thing you weren't doing this in the middle of traffic. As you know, just one person weaving in traffic going well over the speed limit is one too many dumbasses on the road. It's good to save gutsy driving like this for open roads at 2am, like you have done. If only more people took after your example of "somewhat safer" street racing. Very responsible of you.

Old 12-24-2006, 11:36 PM
11 Second Club

you do know that a lotus elise (which is what it sounds like you raced...its very exotic looking) is only a 4 cylinder right??
Old 12-24-2006, 11:55 PM
11 Second Club

did not know that..pretty much thought it was a very fast car... but I guess thats why it was so easy to fly by him sometimes when i had the chance..lol
Old 12-25-2006, 01:07 AM
12 Second Club

I guess I should say good kills, but all I want to say that you're a moron for driving 130mph between the cars because "you have to represent your car's power to the fullest." Dumbest thing I've ever heard... All of us street race, but weaving through traffic at 130mph is just plan stupid. Street race, but do it in somewhat safer environment and don't put lives of other people in danger...
Old 12-25-2006, 07:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

You will not just flyby a lotus. Lotus are pretty quick stock and almost run identical 1/4 mile time as a stock Ls1. Hell the day I took my 350z to the track I ran one. I think his time was 13.7 at 103mph. Pretty good for a car with dealership tags still on there.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:11 AM
Mid
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jebuzws6
So I had just finished getting my freash cut from the barber shop, I am driving my car with the t-tops off and just rolling when i see a red Lotus. Dont know much about the car just that it looks fast and is very small. I did not like the way he was driving so i decided to give him a taste of his own medicine. We get on the highyway and quickly started a game of catch me if you can, i catch up to the little *** car in seconds and passed him like nothing we were going like 130mph the whole time. I know i should not be doing this but we were driving at very high speeds cutting through cars and just trying to see who had the fastest car. The whole time we were racing I was waiting for him to blow me away but i guess the Lotus is not that fast becasue the whole time my car was right with him. While we are driving down the highway a silver 350z decideds to join the fun and i line up next to him at about 125mph and just punch it all the way to leave him behind. I was most interested in the Lotus but i lost him when the small *** car cut through 2 cars and was able to sneak away... this was not a kill story just an experience that i will never forget because of how fast we were going the whole time.. for all the people we scared yesterday im sorry but i have to rep my cars power to the fullest...lol..
good thing you don't live near me
Old 12-25-2006, 09:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 25psi
You will not just flyby a lotus. Lotus are pretty quick stock and almost run identical 1/4 mile time as a stock Ls1. Hell the day I took my 350z to the track I ran one. I think his time was 13.7 at 103mph. Pretty good for a car with dealership tags still on there.
I could be wrong but Im not sure how much grunt they have in the triple didgits. IIRC they top out just over 130, but I could be wrong there. Definetly quick cars though.
Old 12-25-2006, 09:42 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
you do know that a lotus elise (which is what it sounds like you raced...its very exotic looking) is only a 4 cylinder right??
yeah i think those engines are from yota celica's? idk might be confusing rice brands here but it aint uncle bens.
now weaving threw traffic at 130... im not even gonna start good kills, thankfully they were only cars
Old 12-25-2006, 10:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
I would have to say no because he did say he knew nothing about the car..

But please lets just ignore the weaving in and out of traffic at 130 because we all know every single person that has come in here has gotten an earful well in our case a eyeful lol

But yeah the Lotus and 350z in stock form at those speeds are no problem for the all mighty LS1

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
Old 12-25-2006, 10:59 AM
TECH Resident

Those cars are all about being light weight. Not much power but they only weigh around 1900lbs so they are quick.

I've ran with one on a road coarse and would walk away from it on the straight but it would catch up to me in the corners. That coarse was well suited to my car though. On a tighter coarse I would have been toast. Impressive little cars, even at triple digit speeds.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:04 AM
TECH Resident

Oh BTW, there was a 350Z out there that weekend too and it was just in the way.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:16 AM
Teching In

A stock Lotus Elise, if driven right, will be simillar to a LT1 in the 1/4 & up to ~ 100mph. No match for an LS1 at higher speeds. Here's an Elise:

A stock Lotus Exige will be about the same as the Elise in the 1/4 but slower as speeds increase due to increased drag caused by the spoilers. An Exige does handle better than an Elise though. Here's an Exige

A Lotus Exige S is supercharged. This will run a 1/4 similar to a C6 but but the drag takes its toll shortly after. Here's an Exige S, note the body colored scoups and spoilers:

These cars aren't about accelleration though, they are about being able to take a turn with out slowing down. They are very quick on a tight track. Also since they are so light, they can launch very well.

Now if you raced an Esprit, their performance varies a lot more from model to model.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Lotus's are faster than LT1's for sure. I think the best time for one is 13.2 at 106-107mph.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 25psi
Lotus's are faster than LT1's for sure. I think the best time for one is 13.2 at 106-107mph.
Was that an Elise? Modded?
Old 12-25-2006, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

It was stock. Still had the dealership tags on there.

They only weigh 1900lbs, so with 180hp, thats movin!