Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got smoked by a GTO......

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 02:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got smoked by a GTO......

....and didn't even know I was racing. Seriously, why do asshats do this? I leave a light, blasting my new CD. Didn't notice the GTO sitting by my quarter panel at the light. I granny shift through to third, as soon as my car bogs to 1500 in 3rd I hear the GTO scream next to me and go flying past. I wanted to give the guy a sign that it sounded good, but he didn't look over. The geezer had this smirk on his face talking to his passenger like "I dusted that punk, he had no chance" Didn't look over, nothing. Best part, I wouldn't have raced anyway because there was one of the sliver undercover Grand Am cop cars behind is. Easy to spot the uniform and laptop on the dash, guess he didn't see him. Cop pulls next to me at the next light and shakes his head. All I could do is shrug. GTO with the ricer flyby FTL!
Old 12-27-2006, 02:23 PM
TECH Regular

i have a ******** GTO story too. we were both at a light, it turns green and we both punch it. we raced maybe up to 100 and i went from being nose to nose, to being at his window. that's maybe a total of 5 feet. he then steps on his breaks and as i give him a nod and a thumbs up, he waves and mouths "bye-bye" (the gay bye-bye where only your four fingers move). then he downshifts and takes off. and to top it off, he had a plate that said PNY SLYR. my camaro only has a lid and catback so i'm pretty sure he was bone stock since he pulled a whopping 5 ft on me. i've been killed many times but this is the first time someone was a dick. so if any mustang in virginia beach comes up on a yellow GTO with PNY SLYR plates, show him what's up and wave bye-bye. and i hope you get your payback too, blue.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by The Professor
(the gay bye-bye where only your four fingers move).
hahahahah...

Yeah there are ***-hats everywhere no matter what they drive... Where are you located? Was it an '04 or '05-'06?
Old 12-27-2006, 02:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by The Professor
and i hope you get your payback too, blue.
DUDE! I am stealing your Avatar, I am a rediculous transformers fan. Anyway, I will get my payback, It'll be funny. Guess the guy couldn't hear the cammin, but he's toast next time. I will undoubtedly see him again> Just a little pissed because I got a fabulous new dent in the car from a parking lot right after.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:55 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blue Meanie
....and didn't even know I was racing. Seriously, why do asshats do this? I leave a light, blasting my new CD. Didn't notice the GTO sitting by my quarter panel at the light. I granny shift through to third, as soon as my car bogs to 1500 in 3rd I hear the GTO scream next to me and go flying past. I wanted to give the guy a sign that it sounded good, but he didn't look over. The geezer had this smirk on his face talking to his passenger like "I dusted that punk, he had no chance" Didn't look over, nothing. Best part, I wouldn't have raced anyway because there was one of the sliver undercover Grand Am cop cars behind is. Easy to spot the uniform and laptop on the dash, guess he didn't see him. Cop pulls next to me at the next light and shakes his head. All I could do is shrug. GTO with the ricer flyby FTL!
I'd be the asshat in reference.

First I gassed it next to you, realized you weren't going, so I got out of it assuming you saw something I didn't. I see that you did. The smile on my face was because my friend said "he didn't even bite, your not worthy". Which I found to be funny hence the smile. I actually wanted to catch up and chat with you but my friend was bugging about getting to the bank on our lunch hour. I realize that wasn't a race, and in no way did I prove anything except that I can't identify undercovers very well.

I saw you flying off Maitland Blvd, exhaust screaming. Sounded great, there were two cops going the other way, on 434, I was worried they were going to turn and get ya but they didn't seem to care. The area in general is a horrid place to gas it in general and I admit I should know better.

Your car sounded great, I could tell it had a Cam and knew it could of been a good race. Yes it was a horrible spot to even consider a race, I apologize if any of my actions were offensive. If you'd like to go to the track sometime and race properly I'd gladly put the effort forth to meet you there. Sweet camaro btw.

Oh and I'm 29 years old, geesh I'm a geezer already... it's the kids giving me grey hair, I swear!
Old 12-28-2006, 09:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Blasted2hell

First I gassed it next to you, realized you weren't going, so I got out of it assuming you saw something I didn't. I see that you did. The smile on my face was because my friend said "he didn't even bite, your not worthy". Which I found to be funny hence the smile. I actually wanted to catch up and chat with you but my friend was bugging about getting to the bank on our lunch hour. I realize that wasn't a race, and in no way did I prove anything except that I can't identify undercovers very well.

I saw you flying off Maitland Blvd, exhaust screaming. Sounded great, there were two cops going the other way, on 434, I was worried they were going to turn and get ya but they didn't seem to care. The area in general is a horrid place to gas it in general and I admit I should know better.

Your car sounded great, I could tell it had a Cam and knew it could of been a good race. Yes it was a horrible spot to even consider a race, I apologize if any of my actions were offensive. If you'd like to go to the track sometime and race properly I'd gladly put the effort forth to meet you there. Sweet camaro btw.

Oh and I'm 29 years old, geesh I'm a geezer already... it's the kids giving me grey hair, I swear!
+1 for a good attitude!

This sounds like two good car guys that just had a lack of communication.

And 29 is pretty old Grandpa!
Old 12-28-2006, 10:01 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah, hearing his side of the story I see how my actions came off the wrong way. Before reading this post the only thing I knew for sure was I gassed it and he wasn't racing. Hope I cleared up some things up.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blasted2hell

I like this guy's attitude!
Old 12-28-2006, 10:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

HAHA, oh ****. I am humbled by your explanation. My appologies for the asshat comment. It turns out I am the geezer in this story, since I got you by 2. Shows ya there are two sides to everything. I didn't even see you next to me until you flew by, couldn't hear anything over my obnoxious exhaust. Your car sounded sick , I kind of cringed because I saw the undercover after I flew onto 434 from Maitland, and you goose'd it while he was a few back. I went to give you the thumbs up and I saw the back of your head and some laughing. I assumed you were laughin at me, and the first three letters of assume are, ***! LOL I was actually heading to Next Level to look into getting some bullets in the Y-pipe to shut the car up. Next time we'll get a good race, should be fun because your car definitely did not sound stock. We'll hit Bithlo when I get the S60 put in, should be fun.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:27 AM
11 Second Club

Cool, I'm glad we could clear things up. I hope to get out to the track in early January. I'm going to Bradenton on like the 20th for an All GTO event down there, but I'd like a run or two at bithlo before then. Let me know if you want to go out to the track, I'd like to say it should be a drivers race...and my driving skills aren't too great in this GTO yet..but there getting there.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:30 AM
11 Second Club

Oh, yeah not stock...put some mods on.

2006 LS2
Magnacharger
Precision Power-3 Blower Cam
Kooks coated LT with Offroad mid-pipes
Corsa Touring catback
160 Thermo
918 Springs
Hardened Pushrods
LPE CAI

Car dynoed 517rwhp 455rwtq.

BFG drag radials in the mail.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Oh this is classic...

Blasted2hell - you're making 517rwhp? You probably would've ***-raped this guy too.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:40 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by unit213
Oh this is classic...

Blasted2hell - you're making 517rwhp? You probably would've ***-raped this guy too.
Nah, I'm still on the stock tires, 235/40/18 potenzas. 1st gear is a joke. That and GTO's are pretty freaking heavy heh.

Old 12-28-2006, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Good looking graph! You've got to love the torque from that blower.
I guess my point is that it sounds like he thought you were some rice-type
guy when in reality your car would put up a serious fight, if not win. Maybe
I don't have a point. That often happens.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

That torque curve is rediculous!! I definitely didn't think he was in a rice vehicle, his car sounded as nasty as mine and put about 4 cars on me in half a second when he punched it. I thought he was doing a fly by and laughin at me. Drivers race for sure, I think I probably picked about another 10hp with some tweaks, new tune and throttlebody fix. No dyno yet, waiting for the new rear. I don't know if the weight difference will make up for the hp and tq spread between the two cars though. I need to go buy a 100 shot, lol.

Last edited by Blue Meanie; 12-28-2006 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:41 PM
TECH Resident

Since you guys now have some sort of an idea who each other is, and you both seem like decent guys, you should go have some friendly runs. Make sure it is daylight, videotape it, and post it here for us. I think there are a lot of guys that would like to see this race, I know I would.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:42 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks, yeah the torque from the Maggie is just awesome, coupled with this blower cam the car just seems to have plenty of power no matter what RPM I am at. The pic I have of my graph cuts the RPMS off but that's from about 2500rpm up to 6500rpm in the graph.

I'm confident I'd have a very slim chance of catching you if you added a 100shot. Once I get the drag radials on late next week I can start learning how to peddle through first gear heh.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:55 PM
TECH Addict

Awww, and if it wasnt for ls1tech you two sweethearts wouldve never met
I have a similar story, except we actually raced, and also in a stupid place to race

+1 on getting some runs in on video
Old 12-28-2006, 02:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ericbigmac83
I'm sorry but this just made me laugh for a long time!
Old 12-28-2006, 02:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ericbigmac83
Bwaahahaha. Seriously if he gets DR's I'd be toast. My car builds power to 7400, right at 500hp. But I don't wanna kill the bottom end. My TQ curve is nowhere near as strong, not even close. I imagine me getting the jump, and he'd reel me in until the 1/4 mark, either right behind or out in front depending on his launch. I know my car was useless on street tires, my only hope is his tiny 235's!!