Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2000/1 Roush Stg2 goes down.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 03:27 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2000/1 Roush Stg2 goes down.

Nice color, that gunmetal grey color looks good on the Roushs'. I pull up next to it, we were both first on a three-lane road. (if any of you Bay Area guys know Ygnacio Valley Rd... We were @ YV and Bancroft headed toward Clayton). I wasnt sure if the guy wanted to run, so when the light turns for us i leave it in first, and when he guns it, so do I. Im running sans-muffler right now, so as loud and sexy as the Roush's sound, it got drowned out by me.

He stayed with me through first, i pulled about half a car by the end of second and by the time i was through third he was about two cars and falling away fast. I went through to about 90 and slowed down to the speed limit, kinda hoping i could show the guy up again. We Play the pacing game for a while and when i look over... the window's down and its a decently HOT CHICK!!

We pull over, and i ask the car questions (year, stg2? etc), she asks me her questions (is that a w..S...6? "nope, no real hp difference between a TA and a WS6 anyway, so dont feel bad, you wouldnt have lost any worse"_). She strategically mentioned it being her BF's car... I was tempted strategically ask if she wanted to upgrade to a BF with a faster car ... bit my tounge tho.

Thanked her for a nice run, and went our ways... yeah i know, im a *****.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Very nice ending...couldn't have asked for much better than that.

But, to be honest, I am surprised you didnt' win by more than that.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i have a friend with an 04 stg2 roush with 3.73's, intake, full exhaust, and a tune. his is real sharp looking. with my mods now i put about 4 or 5 cars on him. i am also surprised you didnt pull harder then you did.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:40 AM
Launching!

^Doubting it was her BFs car.

Awesome freakin kill.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:38 AM
On The Tree

arent stage 1 and 2s just gt with body kit except the stage 3 which comes with a supercharger????
Old 01-27-2007, 11:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 01gtmustang
arent stage 1 and 2s just gt with body kit except the stage 3 which comes with a supercharger????

STG1: body kit
STG2: body kit w/ suspension
STG3: above + Charger
Old 01-27-2007, 12:26 PM
***Repost Police***

Yeah... basically a GT with a few light suspension mods and some bolt-ons. My car would be a better performer (straightline and corners) than a Roush Stage 2
Old 01-27-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Regular

I guess i could have underestimated a little bit. . I kept pulling and im not sure when she let off, so i KNOW i pulled 3-4 cars... But it was a hot chick, so maybe im just giving her the benefit of the doubt. And does a full tank of gas hurt me or help me? I figure it doesnt really matter, more weight = less spinn, even though you weigh 14 gallons more.

Also correct me if im wrong, irunelevens, but (1) isnt the 99-04 GT really getting out of its prime area around the speeds we were reaching, so it would have only gotten worse for her? She was a pretty good driver. And (2) I thought the Stg 2 had a few more things than just suspension... but i could be wrong.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:12 PM
***Repost Police***

A stock 2v starts to run out of steam at that point, because 5th gear is too tall. With a few breathing mods (maybe some ported heads/cams) and gears, they get WAY better up top.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mystic 98 TA
I guess i could have underestimated a little bit. . I kept pulling and im not sure when she let off, so i KNOW i pulled 3-4 cars... But it was a hot chick, so maybe im just giving her the benefit of the doubt. And does a full tank of gas hurt me or help me? I figure it doesnt really matter, more weight = less spinn, even though you weigh 14 gallons more.

Also correct me if im wrong, irunelevens, but (1) isnt the 99-04 GT really getting out of its prime area around the speeds we were reaching, so it would have only gotten worse for her? She was a pretty good driver. And (2) I thought the Stg 2 had a few more things than just suspension... but i could be wrong.
You are incorrect in your thinking. Stg 1's and 2s are generally slower than stock GTs. Due to added weight. They ahve the same gearing and power. A CAI, exhaust, and UDs could have been optioned (and maybe gears), but that would only negate the added suspension and body kit weight.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:41 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the info guys. The only Mustang i've driven was my old 96 gt... need i say more? It seems wierd that Roush would make a car that runs SLOWER than a stock GT... oh well. . . they do look pretty badass at least.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill.

I know exactly where this areas is. If you ever want to have some friendly runs in that area let me know. I'm in socal right now but will be back for summer.
My friends are always looking for races.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:58 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
Nice kill.

I know exactly where this areas is. If you ever want to have some friendly runs in that area let me know. I'm in socal right now but will be back for summer.
My friends are always looking for races.
Any of your friends drive a black SS?? I've seen a couple right there but driving another direction. Anyway. I'm leavin for Italy for three months next saturday (i'll be back in early may) but i'd be down for a run whenever. Ask your buddies if they have seen a Mystic Teal TA driving around. Probably me since i havent seen another TA that color... ever. And when i get back.. time for some LTs and an LS6 intake! And a tranny rebuild... upshifting solenoids are shot apparently
Old 01-28-2007, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

oh yea, tell her to drop the Zero and get with the Hero!