Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Some lunchtime fun

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some lunchtime fun

Going out about an hour ago to get lunch. A new Nissan Maxima 3.5L pulls up next to me. Light goes green and I am just accelerating normally, I guess this guy thinks I am racing. He takes off and as he is going past me smirks and laughs at my car, then slows down next to me takes off again and smirks. I am thinking does this douche know that I am not racing. So we catch another light. I think to myself ok I seen enough of that smirk and decide I am gonna wipe that off his face. Light goes green he takes off normally, so I just go easy then he hammers it and starts laughing, so I go and catch him within a second or two, blow past him then slow down.(not smirking anymore) he then tries to do the ricer flyby and almost rearends the car up the road. The Maxima's must not perform too bad as he didn't fall too far behind, but then I remembered I had 180lbs of sand in the trunk, TCS on and my wife in the car. He had no one. I do think I didn't accelerate as quickly as usual, but the temp here is like 5 with the wind chill. I know cooler air make the car run better, but is there a point when the air becomes too cold and will slow it down?
Old 01-31-2007, 02:11 PM
TECH Resident

I would say good kill...but really not so much Just kidding!

Yeah, I had guy in a Maxima with some paper tags do that to me one time. It was a true "What the F@$#" moment for me.

Good job on giving the guy a little lesson
Old 01-31-2007, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whats the deal with the maxima guys, U can call it a sports sedan all you like its still a ******* family sedan, the maxima guys around my area think they have ferrari engines under there hood.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ICEMAN 31
whats the deal with the maxima guys, U can call it a sports sedan all you like its still a ******* family sedan, the maxima guys around my area think they have ferrari engines under there hood.
I know what is up with that. Nissan guys in general are just ******. People with 350Z's think they're driving Porsches, and maxima drivers think they're driving M3's.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I worked at a Nissan/Toyota dealership for a summer job this last year. Let me tell you, practically anyone dude who would buy a nissan was a douched bag. You would see them all around town with their brand new fart can exhaust to go along with there new car. About shot myself before the summer ended and i went back to college.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yes, the new maximas are slower than stock ls1's

no doubt about that. good kill.

but they are nice cars for a family sedan.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:22 AM
Teching In

would be a good run for a stock auto lt1...

I had a a new maximi run me on the highway a few weeks ago.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:19 PM
11 Second Club

Good kill, I like eating 350z's.